Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 35 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by smokepole
I saw a flash on the bottom of a TV screen today, that mentioned that Paulin was under investigation. I pulled up a PNW newspaper and it didn't give alot of info. other then she was under investigation, regarding the handling of an employee issue, in the Ak. Dept of Safety. Does anyone know anything about this or is it BS out of Juneau?

My brother told me he'd heard that the gov.'s sister was married to a LEO, and the LEO was beating her (the sister). So the gov. put some pressure on to have the LEO fired.

I say, good on her for looking out for her sister. If it's true, the guy is lucky to have only been fired.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok, thanks

Actually, the charge was fooling around on, not beating and there has been much made of the family (including Sarah personally) making 29 police reports on him (Trooper Wooten) and only one stuck.

Palin fans say it is because the Troopers are looking out for their own. Cynics call it Jr. High drama.

The one police filing that stuck Wooten admitted to instantly. Sarah's sis drew a moose tag but could not shoo tthe moose when time came and she told Wooten to. He did. The family... all of the family butchered, packed and ate the moose. Only after safe delivery to the septic tank did they report Wooten's misdeed.

Problem was Sarah could not get Wooten fired, even when pressuring her head of Public Safety Walt Monegan. So she fired Walt, a very popular guy. Aids have been falling all over themselves and their epees saying any pressure they may have conveyed to Walt was their own idea and Sarah had no part in it...

Close friend works closely with her and he has seen things change inside the administration that he does not like... Quite a few rats are leaving her ship... I suspect they will be grabbing with everythign they have at this point to get back on the boat...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She will be just fine. As close to a normal person as we may ever see in the Whitehouse in our lifetime.

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually, the charge was fooling around on, not beating and there has been much made of the family (including Sarah personally) making 29 police reports on him (Trooper Wooten) and only one stuck.

Begs to question then, 29 police reports, so was the sister objecting to this, still living with the trooper while all these accusations were being made?

Seems like sister would have been out of the house after four or five, or telling her sister to stop filing charges.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Begs to question then, 29 police reports, so was the sister objecting to this, still living with the trooper while all these accusations were being made?

Seems like sister would have been out of the house after four or five, or telling her sister to stop filing charges.

He was arrested for tasing his own son. From what I have heard he is a butt wipe and the troopers are protecting their own.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He has been divorced four times... An indicator of his good character??? But several claims made by Sarah were dismissed by the investigator as impossible to have witnessed as claimed.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
If that's her only baggage the minions have to play with, I'd rest comfortably.

Further, McCain's team exhausted the scenario's likely defense strategy, as well. I doubt they're worried about the issue.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She's a women of action and the LEO sounds like he got what he deserved.

I don't think a lot of people will have sympathy for a wife beating cop!

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

BMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only thing that will be too bad if McCain is elected is her husband and kids will have to leave the beauty of Alaska to move to this Third World infested cesspool of the DC metro area. I've got less than two years left here, and I can't wait to get out.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
"If something happened to the president, who would you rather have running the country, Sarah Palin or Joe Biden?" Hands down, Sarah Palin. She has a grounding in the kinds of principles that make her by far preferable to Biden, and unlike Biden, she's actually been a chief executive in command of a defense force. That said, I place more stock in a person's character than I do in their experience when it comes to selecting a president.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NathanL
How can you be soooo excited about this choice and this election?

We know for a FACT no matter who gets elected nothing is going to be better than it is today, which isn't saying a lot.

Again, how did the republican party get in such sad shape that this is where we are today?

We have one candidate who talks about "change" picking one of the top 5 longest serving members of the senate as his VP.

Another who gripes about his opponents lack of experience and then picks a political flyweight.

I'm just disgusted. I'm glad I'm in a posistion that I won't have to deal with 95% of the crap the rest of the country will have to in the next 4-8 years.
All this about having to have been part of the Washington establishment in order to be qualified to be president is BS. The further from that the better. The main qualifiers in my book are character, and being right on the issues. She scores very highly on those two criteria. Now add to the above the fact that she has executive experience (mayor of a city, governor of a state) and you have some pretty nice icing on that cake.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't believe I've seen the real point of picking Sarah Palin.

To me the main point is she will improve McCain's chances of being elected as good as they are AND when a lot of people vote for McCain they will also vote Republican in the congressional races which would change the face of our government and get it back to representing the people not special interests. It would also get Nancy Pelosi off of her throne.

McCain won't have a chance when he wins unless we also get a Republican congress back.

Sassy

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
B. Hussein Obama has 144 total days of real service in government. Isn't that experience?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by smokepole
I saw a flash on the bottom of a TV screen today, that mentioned that Paulin was under investigation. I pulled up a PNW newspaper and it didn't give alot of info. other then she was under investigation, regarding the handling of an employee issue, in the Ak. Dept of Safety. Does anyone know anything about this or is it BS out of Juneau?

My brother told me he'd heard that the gov.'s sister was married to a LEO, and the LEO was beating her (the sister). So the gov. put some pressure on to have the LEO fired.

I say, good on her for looking out for her sister. If it's true, the guy is lucky to have only been fired.

Ok, thanks

Palin fans say it is because the Troopers are looking out for their own. Cynics call it Jr. High drama.

The one police filing that stuck Wooten admitted to instantly. Sarah's sis drew a moose tag but could not shoo tthe moose when time came and she told Wooten to. He did. The family... all of the family butchered, packed and ate the moose. Only after safe delivery to the septic tank did they report Wooten's misdeed.

Problem was Sarah could not get Wooten fired, even when pressuring her head of Public Safety Walt Monegan. So she fired Walt, a very popular guy. Aids have been falling all over themselves and their epees saying any pressure they may have conveyed to Walt was their own idea and Sarah had no part in it...

Close friend works closely with her and he has seen things change inside the administration that he does not like... Quite a few rats are leaving her ship... I suspect they will be grabbing with everythign they have at this point to get back on the boat...
art

Thank you for the info.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bristoe, I watched until the commentator flat out lied, about 25 seconds of it.
His lie, "Sare Palin has less experience than Obama".
Oddly enough the day the Obamanator� was sworn into the senate Miss. Palin was in her fifth year of elected office.
You gotta quit listening to lies and distortions Bristoe, it'll cloud yer judgment.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sassy
I don't believe I've seen the real point of picking Sarah Palin.

To me the main point is she will improve McCain's chances of being elected as good as they are AND when a lot of people vote for McCain they will also vote Republican in the congressional races which would change the face of our government and get it back to representing the people not special interests. It would also get Nancy Pelosi off of her throne.

McCain won't have a chance when he wins unless we also get a Republican congress back.

Exactly, this election isn't all about the POTUS/VP, it's also about regaining control of the House & Senate. If McCain wins with a Dem. congress, nothing will change. If Obama wins and the Repub's can control the congress, we at least can have some control on him. Please vote to regain control of congress, to the Repub's in your state elections.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Bristoe,
No wonder your "off",

"You're", dammit,... "YOU'RE!!!!"

If you ever expect to be taken seriously on the internet,..the base requirement is that you learn the proper contraction for "you are".

Grammer books are cheap.

Buy one.

This from a man who can't even spell at the 4th grade level and is wrong 99.999% of the time! lol! jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Reagan won without being a Washington insider, but he was in his late 60's and was governor of the most populated state in the Union that budget wise was larger than most countries.....he had a lifetime of conservative values and experience. A lifetime.....and he was voted the nomination based on what he said and how he conducted himself during the primaries.

Now, I'm happy Mrs. Palin is conservative and everything we look for in a candidate, but would she have been this attractive (policy wise) 2 years ago before becoming governor of Alaska? Her looks don't hurt her and that's a fact! I don't want to see conservatives being selected for VP from city counsel's next....I simply prefer more seasoning. Just like my BBQ ribs......

All American

All the time
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Lets see ... Sister Sarah may have been called "barracuda" but she is also known as the "Wasilla Barbie" ..... she is not known for her intelligence.

She has about a 'medium' rating by most Alaskans on how she has done since she became Gov. Not a stellar or excellent Gubernatorialship at all.

She was all for our 'bridge to nowhere' before the media hype on it ... Then she was totally against it. But she did snarfull all those Fed $'s up and use it for Anchorage area projects. Also at the same time she canceled or postponed many much needed DOT project here in S SE Ak except the part of the 'bridge to nowhere' $'s used to continue the 'road to nowhere' (which is just about complete and ends at the abutment to the 'bridge to nowhere') ......

Even though, when asked about her views on moving the capitol to Anchorage, during her election, she said she was totally against it. But she is on record, many times, supporting the capitol move. She is now conducting business out of her Anchorage office.

I think she'll fit right in with the 'good ole boy network' !!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
77-80% approval rating is "medium?"

hmmmm ...

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stan V
Reagan won without being a Washington insider, but he was in his late 60's and was governor of the most populated state in the Union that budget wise was larger than most countries.....he had a lifetime of conservative values and experience. A lifetime.....and he was voted the nomination based on what he said and how he conducted himself during the primaries.

Now, I'm happy Mrs. Palin is conservative and everything we look for in a candidate, but would she have been this attractive (policy wise) 2 years ago before becoming governor of Alaska? Her looks don't hurt her and that's a fact! I don't want to see conservatives being selected for VP from city counsel's next....I simply prefer more seasoning. Just like my BBQ ribs......

To question why Palin is a good choice, you need to ask why Obama is a good choice. If Obama can rally this kind of support with no experience but rather, youth, good looks and personality, well then maybe in this day and age that needs to be considered.

Page 31 of 35 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,511
Posts18,509,390
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.