-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First of all, I don't know why Christina started this thread because it was a sure bet that whatever point she was trying to make would be grossly misinterpreted.

She may be a racist as some have alleged, I don't know ........and personally, I really don't give a [bleep].

But there just may be another way of looking at this whole thing.

I think it's pretty clear that all parents want the best there is for their children when it comes to the partners they choose and they usually could care less about the person's ethenticity or skin color.

They are often much more concerned about the difficulties their kids may encounter should decide to engage in any kind of "non-traditional" relationship.

However, one must be careful not interpret that this concern is always motivated by racism.

People generally feel more comfortable around their own kind because they share similar life styles, mannerisms, and aspirations.

In other words, white people feel more comfortable around white people, blacks around blacks, Hispanics around Hispanics etc.

There is nothing inherently wrong with this type of behavior and "racism" only derives it's negative connotation when it is used to deprive another group of their basic human rights.

Hopefully, all of us still have the basic right to choose who we want to marry, live or associate with without the fear of being labeled a "racist" should the people we prefer to have around us be of the same ethnic background as ourselves...........

Happy New Year to all......

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
...but don't worry, I have since left Africa and married a Mexipino woman who is way to good fer me....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It is kind of odd hearing you refer to your marriage as a interracial thing. Odd in that I never thought of a mexican being other than white.
I was going to send an email to you on this, but thought given the tenor of this thread might be better to post.
I talked to an 80 year old man in oregon last night. he is I think a third generation american, mexican decent, gave from a little town in new mexico. His former wife, vera, was my baby sitter when I was little. I probably knew more spanish at the time than i did english. You see, Vera is a woman that I loved all my life, she was a best friend of my mother, and took care of me. Anyway Vera died just before christmas. Orlando and her had divorced over 40years ago, but remained friends even tho they both remarried, and talked to each other several times a month over that 40years. Talk about tolerance. Both are people that have relatives in mexico, but lived here their whole lives. I am 62 now, and vera's niece has a picture of her and me, same age, taking a bath together at about age 2 in a washtub in a back yard. Orlando asked me about the border. What could I say? Loved the people, culture, how could I not I grew up in it, absolutely hated the action of both governments. The "little people" just die. I was telling orlando about not wanting to go to nogales anymore because of the narco wars.
Sometimes tolerance is something that we all need to have, including interacial marriages whatever that means. I think we all have the same red blood.
I had a good friend, a bishop in the mormon church, a good man, good family, have to deal with this recently. His daughter going to B.Y.U. met and fell in love with one of the few blacks going to B.Y.U. He was supposedly mormon too. My friends family goes all the way back to the beginnings of utah. You can imagine this "guess who's coming to dinner" situation was stressful. Anyway my friend being a good man finally came to grips with it, introduced the black kid to the family, spent about 30000 dollars on a wedding, and it was done. Within a week the black kid abandoned my friends daughter saying he never did love her, just wanted to see if he could get to a "white woman". True story. I think the moral of this story is the tolerance on the part of my friend, and that skunks come in all colors. Bad people come in all colors as do good people. If all you judge a person on is the color of their skin, that would make you a very shallow person.
I think back to my teenage years in arizona, and having dated mexicans(i dislike the word hispanic, there is nothing wrong with the term mexican) a few indian girls, etc. I am amazed that I married a irish/english/cherokee.
My half sister if you wanted to get correct would be a croat/slav/pima/spanish/mexican/polish/russian jew. Doesn't that make your brain hurt. Her two sons, one looks like a german biermister, the other geronimo. Their cousins are blue eyed blond and have the same bloodlines and speak spanish easily, and me, the danish/german/slav/croat looks like pauncho villa, go figure.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Its a fact of life.He probably gives two [bleep] about your opinion.Dey say when you goes Black you dont go back.Bwa,ha ha

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why heck I know a couple of guys who married Canuck Chicks from British Columbia and I don't hold that against them.....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only time I see Color and I can not pick a color for them so I'll ask this question.
What color is the Homosexual race? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! just kidding!

Seriously though,
I am color blind guys! Many times I am asked about my friends or how can I be friends with them or are called white for shopping at Kohls and Target. What difference does it make what color you are or where you shop. If it matters to you guys, I have more black friends, White friends and non hispanic/latino friends than I do Hispanic/Latino friends. Why because it doesn't matter what color they are I am color blind. As long as you are good people and not trash bringing me down, you can be my friend. Heck you don't even have to speak the same language and I'll be your friend.

People who look at color or see color are silly cotton headed ninny muggins!( I watched Elf last night).
No need to see color, no need to judge by the color of skin. We are All God's children and he gave us our color so that the world would look colorful not so we could hate!

Christina, you know what you can do with your thoughts!

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Who cares,it's all pink on the inside anyway.........

WB.

Still can't believe it took nine pages for someone to drop that line! grin

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by StubbleDuck
Originally Posted by Barak
Feel free to say to her whatever's on your mind. Me, I believe in freedom of association. If you have the freedom to choose whom you'd like to associate with, then you also have the freedom to choose whom you wouldn't like to associate with.

My choices might be different from hers, and I might think they're better than hers, and I might have actual evidence for that as well; but I'm not going to disrespect her choices and opinions because of that.

Hence, I haven't seen any reason why she wouldn't belong or be welcome here.

+1 Barak. Christina, you're dealing with a bunch dumbass folks here and no matter how hard you try ..... don't waste your time!

I gotta concur. If you don't fall in with what everybody else here thinks or believe, you get ostracized by the clique. I have only read half of this thread and some peoples responses are just as bad as Christinas. Apparently some people were raised to call women douchebag and bitch for posting her views. Wrong or right, it's her views and not illegal. Personally, I find it just as offensive to see people being called derogatory names and it always the same guys doing it.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by white74horse
She has read this thread, now if i can just get her to try hunting......

From this quote, I assume your Lady does not come from a hunting family. Take it slow and easy. Start with target shooting first with a .22lr (assuming you can find any ammo) shooting things like cans. If that flies, move up to small game hunting such as rabbits, coons, etc. maybe even varmints. And than move up to big game hunting.

I see this out to the range all the time. You young pups tend to start BIG and go bigger before the Lady has a chance to acclimate to the next stage. I've actually seen a few break ups at the range between sweet young lady and beau because of trying to hurry things along. Go slow let the young Lady acclimate and you will probably have a hunting buddy for life.

Just an old fart preachin, hope it helps, no offense intended.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
geez Ron the guy layed out 30K for a wedding and a week later the groom walks?????

I'd flog the Hades outa the bastid, one thing to nail my daughter for grins, whole nuther thing to take my money on a pretense that you "loved" her!

wouldn't matter what color the flesh is, but I'd have my pound or 3 of it and gladly go serve my time.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Just an old fart.

I knew that. smile

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ron,

That's a horrible story and I think I would have gutted that brotha.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More pictures, please......

Christina probably gets pretty tired of people telling her to mind her own @#$#% business...

I'm sure that there are some difficulties associated by being raised in a bi-racial family. But since when is growing up without any difficulties better than learning how to deal with life? We all want to protect our kids from everything, but that's not necessarily the right thing for the kids. JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KSMITH

I gotta concur. If you don't fall in with what everybody else here thinks or believe, you get ostracized by the clique. I have only read half of this thread and some peoples responses are just as bad as Christinas. Apparently some people were raised to call women douchebag and bitch for posting her views. Wrong or right, it's her views and not illegal. Personally, I find it just as offensive to see people being called derogatory names and it always the same guys doing it.

Fact is, many hypocrites circle the fire...

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just waded through this. Wow. Lots of great responses to a genuinely repulsive woman with disgusting ideas, though. The posting of the pics of some of the gorgeous ladies was fun, too.

Christina: you are one daft see you next Tuesday, if you can dig it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nemesis
First of all, I don't know why Christina started this thread because it was a sure bet that whatever point she was trying to make would be grossly misinterpreted.

She may be a racist as some have alleged, I don't know ........and personally, I really don't give a [bleep].

But there just may be another way of looking at this whole thing.

I think it's pretty clear that all parents want the best there is for their children when it comes to the partners they choose and they usually could care less about the person's ethenticity or skin color.

They are often much more concerned about the difficulties their kids may encounter should decide to engage in any kind of "non-traditional" relationship.

However, one must be careful not interpret that this concern is always motivated by racism.

People generally feel more comfortable around their own kind because they share similar life styles, mannerisms, and aspirations.

In other words, white people feel more comfortable around white people, blacks around blacks, Hispanics around Hispanics etc.

There is nothing inherently wrong with this type of behavior and "racism" only derives it's negative connotation when it is used to deprive another group of their basic human rights.

Hopefully, all of us still have the basic right to choose who we want to marry, live or associate with without the fear of being labeled a "racist" should the people we prefer to have around us be of the same ethnic background as ourselves...........

Happy New Year to all......

Now that this thread is beginning to head in the right direction, I thought it might be apprpriate to BTT this one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Apparently some people were raised to call women douchebag and bitch for posting her views. Wrong or right, it's her views and not illegal.

No, Christina got called a douchebag and a bitch for being a douchebag and a bitch.

She is of course free to spout her vile musings, and they certainly aren't illegal, but those she inflicts them on are free to call her on it. As my pal Bristoe says, deal wid' it. She sheds her right to be treated like a lady by her charming white trash posts....which sound like a Jerry Springer lineup.

I strongly suspect, however, that ol' Katrina is (a)not a girl at all; and (b)just having some fun being outrageous to see if he or she can get a rise out of the crowd.

She/he is just a little too much to be the real deal.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Enrique
The only time I see Color and I can not pick a color for them so I'll ask this question.
What color is the Homosexual race? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! just kidding!

Seriously though,
I am color blind guys! Many times I am asked about my friends or how can I be friends with them or are called white for shopping at Kohls and Target. What difference does it make what color you are or where you shop. If it matters to you guys, I have more black friends, White friends and non hispanic/latino friends than I do Hispanic/Latino friends. Why because it doesn't matter what color they are I am color blind. As long as you are good people and not trash bringing me down, you can be my friend. Heck you don't even have to speak the same language and I'll be your friend.

People who look at color or see color are silly cotton headed ninny muggins!( I watched Elf last night).
No need to see color, no need to judge by the color of skin. We are All God's children and he gave us our color so that the world would look colorful not so we could hate!

Christina, you know what you can do with your thoughts!

Kique

I often wondered and hoped that some wouldn't take my frustration with illegal immigration and attribute it to racism, but it is fact that many do.

Where I work I am in the minority now and could care less. Mexican people are wonderful people, I like them a lot, however my problem with tidal waves of immigration is not about race, but rather the effects on our lifestyles that bringing millions of poor our to our state will impact on those living here now.

I don't think there is an argument anymore regarding social spending, medical, schools ect, the impact it is having. If we were to do away with the social programs and costs to the tax payers, I would then be opposed to any limitation on immigration from Mexico, but as long as we will foot the costs in taxes and increased health and auto insurance premiums and lowered wages, I say enough is enough. That doesn't change the fact I think Mexican people are wonderful people.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
PICTURES FROM STEVE!!!! we need more PICTURES FROM STEVE!!!!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

Apparently some people were raised to call women douchebag and bitch for posting her views. Wrong or right, it's her views and not illegal.

No, Christina got called a douchebag and a bitch for being a douchebag and a bitch.

She is of course free to spout her vile musings, and they certainly aren't illegal, but those she inflicts them on are free to call her on it. As my pal Bristoe says, deal wid' it. She sheds her right to be treated like a lady by her charming white trash posts....which sound like a Jerry Springer lineup.

I strongly suspect, however, that ol' Katrina is (a)not a girl at all; and (b)just having some fun being outrageous to see if he or she can get a rise out of the crowd.

She/he is just a little too much to be the real deal.

Steve:

Interesting slip, if it was.

- Tom

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 80 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,694
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.