Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well, in Heaven, I will be perfect, though on Earth I am not except for my saved soul.

In Heaven, I will be so perfect, that making a wrong choice will be impossible, because, "We shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is." 1John 3

In Heaven, in a perfect state, with a perfect mind, and a perfect knowledge of good, and perfect discernment to choose the good, and FAR from every evil thought or deed, I believe that you will have a choice to FREELY choose the right path every time.

On Earth, in this corruptible temple of clay, if given a choice, more often than not, I choose improperly.

Up there, I'll WANT to choose right every time, and with perfect knowlege, wisdom, discernment, understanding, I WILL make a WILLING, FREE choice to go the right way.

Still a free choice -- but it'll be a choice to do the right thing every time.

All joking aside, Hell is not a joking matter. Given the free choice, and everyone is, Heaven is the only choice to make, based on the once for all sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross to pay for your sins.

Amen, and amen!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The guy always comes first, as it should be.......

That's right. And the woman comes second, or sometimes not at all!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by derbydude
You know a couple of things have always bugged me about the Adam and Eve mythology.

You know, if it's only mythological, don't let it bug you. wink

OTOH, what if it's more than myth?

And for the record, as Ken said way earlier, Adam was the bad guy, not Eve. She was deceived. He walked in knowing what he was doing. Sin entered the world by one MAN, not by the woman.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Buddhism teaches that "heaven" is right here, right now, and that you are a necessary part of it because you are part of the whole.

To see this is to become enlightened.

However, upon your death you cease to be an individual, and rejoin the collective "is". Buddha was very clear that when he died, he as an individual would be gone.

I can roll with that. I don't believe in God, heaven, hell, etc. I do believe that I am part of something heartbreakingly gorgeous, and that someday I get to stop floundering around as an individual, and go back there.

This viewpoint is entirely consistant with the reality all around us, and I like that about it too. The universe "is"... I am part if it, made from it and vice versa, and I get to go back there someday- just not as an individual "soul".

Just my way of thunkin' on the subject.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I dig the Eastern philosophy, although I'm more of an apathetic agnostic on the whole "faith" thing.

"Buddhism teaches that "heaven" is right here, right now, and that you are a necessary part of it because you are part of the whole. "

Does it also teach that "hell" is right here, right now...also? Reality is what we make of it.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't believe that there's a "negative" form of enlightment- ie "hell".

I think a Buddhist would say that whatever hell a person might experience on earth is due to a lack of enlightment. Not some sort if evil god or whatever.

To be clear, I'm no Buddhist. It's just a very clean philosophy that is logically consistant, which I appreciate.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Just my way of thunkin' on the subject.

And mine as well Jeff...well stated in brief!

The Wise said: "This cannot be done". The Fool came, and did it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
If you're of the "right mind" to get into Heaven, I'm guessing sin is probably not on your 'to-do' list.

"!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by muleshoe
If you're of the "right mind" to get into Heaven, I'm guessing sin is probably not on your 'to-do' list.

"!

Okay moral life and all that. I get it.

But my question was based on the logical problem with God allowing sin on Earth in order that we have free will and does that dilemma exist in heaven? If the problem is solved in heaven, then why not solve it here.

Dismissing the dilemma does nothing in helping me solve it. It's too simplistic and quite honestly makes me think that some have not thought through their faith. Not trying to offend, but I can't help but feel that way.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I doubt that you'll have to worry about not having freedom of choice in Heaven.

"Good enough" isn't.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Well put, Ken. I doubt it too. I'm thinking the praise party will supercede the free choice rally.

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Originally Posted by derbydude
You know a couple of things have always bugged me about the Adam and Eve mythology.

You know, if it's only mythological, don't let it bug you. wink

OTOH, what if it's more than myth?

And for the record, as Ken said way earlier, Adam was the bad guy, not Eve. She was deceived. He walked in knowing what he was doing. Sin entered the world by one MAN, not by the woman.

It bugs me because of how the Church treats women. I admit that since Vatican Council II women have been treated better especially in the Catholic Church. The Church has attempted to take the Goddess out of the Bible and Gospels. Thankfully, many Christian women scholars have started to right a wrong. To most Christians Eve is still the bad guy.

Still doesn't inspire me to be a Christian but it is interesting to read the Christian women scholars.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd expect the free-choice crowd to be somewhere else, and the Heaven crowd totally pleased with their infinite sm�rg�sbord of goodies.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you really care that much, drop by some time, and let's discuss the radical differences between what you see in the church's treatment of women and what God intended for the r�le of women in Eden and in the Body of Christ.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you really care that much, drop by some time, and let's discuss the radical differences between what you see in the church's treatment of women and what God intended for the r�le of women in Eden and in the Body of Christ.

Where's drop by? Discussing theology with you would be an interesting and enlightening experience.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where? See my profile. Welcome any time.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Had that, until Eve went apple picking.

There you go again picking on the Ladies. grin

Christianity is a misogynistic religion. It's all the woman's fault for sin. Pagans are Goddess based and don't blame men for evil or bad things for happening. Why is it that Christianity is misogynistic? What is that Christianity has against women?

Before all you Christians start flaming me I realize that in modern Western culture that many Protestant denominations are kinder to women but still in comparison to Pagans you guys are still quite misogynistic.

It's is not Christianity that make regulates women to the back of the mosques.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It bugs me because of how the Church treats women. I admit that since Vatican Council II women have been treated better especially in the Catholic Church. The Church has attempted to take the Goddess out of the Bible and Gospels. Thankfully, many Christian women scholars have started to right a wrong. To most Christians Eve is still the bad guy.

Once again your ignorance of Christianity shines. Christianity gives women freedoms unheard of in other religions. The NT set women free. The Jews at that time would cross the street to avoid walking by a woman. When Jesus talked to the woman at the well, he broke all kinds of rules concerning contact with women. Paul talks about how women should conduct themselves in church. Hey, the women WERE IN CHURCH. They weren't allowed in a synagogue, they weren't allowed in most of the temple, they're severely restricted in mosques, most pagan religions treat them like cattle. Christianity brings them right to the alter of God.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where? See my profile. Welcome any time.

WOW, you really do live there. If I find myself down there I'll be sure to look you up. Thanks for the invite.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Once again your ignorance of Christianity shines. Christianity gives women freedoms unheard of in other religions. The NT set women free. The Jews at that time would cross the street to avoid walking by a woman. When Jesus talked to the woman at the well, he broke all kinds of rules concerning contact with women. Paul talks about how women should conduct themselves in church. Hey, the women WERE IN CHURCH. They weren't allowed in a synagogue, they weren't allowed in most of the temple, they're severely restricted in mosques, most pagan religions treat them like cattle. Christianity brings them right to the alter of God.

Well let's clear a few things up.

1. Yes, in early Christianity women were the fastest growing members of Christianity. Once Rome entered the picture and made Christianity the official religion of Rome (Roman Catholic Church) that all ended.

2. I'll admit my view point of Christianity is clouded by my conservative Roman Catholic up bring (pre-Vatican Council II). I'll also admit that there are two Christianities, Catholic and Protestants. The divide to day between the two groups is not nearly as great as it was in my day. Protestants and Catholics could not marry without permission from the local Bishop. All children had to be brought up Catholic. You could not even go to a Protestant funeral without permission from the Bishop. If you attempted to do any of these things on your own you risked excommunication from the Church.

3. You know less about Pagans than I do about Christianity. All Pagan religions of Western culture are female centered. Some Pagan religions exclude male participation. All Pagan religions of Western culture follow some type of spiritual path of the Goddess.

Sorry, I had to leave and give the Boss the computer. Hey, he lets me play on here so when he wants his toy back he gets it. grin

When I talk about Western culture Pagan religions I'm talking primarily Celtic paths of one type or another. There is a small following of the North (Viking) paths.

All these paths are female and Goddess centered and men learn real fast that if they choose to follow these paths with their Ladies, the man is the Lady's help mate NOT the other way around. This is not to imply that men are treated badly or are hen-pecked on the contrary. I find I am much freer and more equal under a Goddess centered spiritual path than I ever was under God centered spiritual path.

Hope this helps to clear things up a little bit.

Last edited by derby_dude; 02/03/09.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (12344mag, 260Remguy, 338rcm, 300_savage, 219DW, 1lesfox, 51 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,619
Posts18,473,992
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.