Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Though there is localized (and much publicized ) melt, the ice masses are actually increasing in size. Pretty easy to look up nearly anything nowadays. Check it out, but look at data that opposes your belief as well. It may be that you were lied to....

GB4

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter
[Linked Image]

That, my cool-aid guzzling friend, is Greenland. It's a picture of the typical landscape.
A 1000 years ago Greenland supported farming and the keeping of livestock by Viking colonies. Then, it got cold again, which forced the settlers off the land.
l'Histoire se repete...
Okay try to follow this. Greenland has always been icy cold. It was named Greenland by the Vikings to throw off their enemies. In a similar vein they (the Viking people not the football team) named their home island "Iceland." Get it? it was the psychology of the time.

You guys are big on name calling and tough talk, but I don't scare. I've been at this energy thing over thrity years and am scientifically qualified to know BS from truth on this subject and few others.

I get it you don't like those with different opinions, but am not clear on how that translates to being an American. Try not to think emotionally. Use rational objective thinking, and again, explain why the glaciers are shrinking. BTW: 10-years does not constitute sufficinet time to assert anything, and climate change does not necissarily mean it will be warmer at your house.

the bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
DFTFT,

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dudejcb

and climate change does not necissarily mean it will be warmer at your house.

that's why those of your ilk switched from "Global Warming" to "Global Climate Change."

Funny thing is climate is always changing, and man will not destroy the planet. Man may destroy himself but the planet will go on.

The climate change "crisis" has been manufactured as an excuse for political power and control. If it truely was about climate change there wouldn't be a market for exchanging credits, or redistributing wealth for no other purpose than trying to level the playing field.

If you dislike the prosperity of the US feel free to move to whatever third world sh1thole you'd like to. Just don't expect any respect for attempting to turn the US into just another third world sh1thole.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Fellas, dftft.

We have enough already, and someone really ought to take that "DSMFer's welcome" sign down........

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The climate warms, the climate cools.
We didn't cause it and we sure as hell can't fix it.

The same bunch of shts that are now whining about warming are the same bunch of shts that were whining about cooling on the 70's.

It fits their agenda

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by mtmisfit
that's why those of your ilk switched from "Global Warming" to "Global Climate Change."
I didn't switch the name and don't have an ilk. Am probably more conservative than you realize, but I call the truth the truth rather than adhere to emotionally driven bandwagon dogma that requires no critical thinking.

As I understand it the change in nomenclature was made because it's more accurate. As you correctly say, the climate is always changing, but in the context an of overall warming trend, regional areas will experience different effects. Less precipation, more; less heat, more; but overall a more dynamic system.

Funny thing is climate is always changing, and man will not destroy the planet. Man may destroy himself but the planet will go on.
The planet will go on, the question is whether we will be there to see it or will it be the age of insects or whatever life form is able to adapt.

I hope you are correct that there is not climate change, but the actual evidence suggests otherwise and a head-in-the-sand approach isn't helpful or smart.

The climate change "crisis" has been manufactured as an excuse for political power and control. If it truely was about climate change there wouldn't be a market for exchanging credits, or redistributing wealth for no other purpose than trying to level the playing field.
This is where you run off the tracks. The credit and markets thing was someone else's idea (probably wall street traders) as a straight carbon tax would have been more efficient and less costly (cuz the traders wouldn't be taking their cut), but the money collected should have been put into a fund used to finance industrial process and other efficinecy and emissions changes. Face it, we're going to pay for this regardless of what we do, and that includes if we do nothing.

But people, like many here on CF, have a terminal fear of the term "tax" and are not capable of entertaining any idea that has the "tax" connotation, so unfounded illogical paranoia made that approach unplausible. thus we got this trading piece of junk. The problem is that the trading market will cost more, but those of your ilk worship the term "free market" as though it were a cure for cancer. BTW: import taxes on high carbon products would have gone into this fund too.

If you dislike the prosperity of the US feel free to move to whatever third world sh1thole you'd like to. Just don't expect any respect for attempting to turn the US into just another third world sh1thole.
Way off the tracks here. The reason I do the kind of work I do is to help the US remain propserous, with a high quality and standard of living. Whether you know it or not, our standard of living, our industrail capacity,a nd our quality of life are all determined by energy. And energy is intriscially intertwined with the environment and the economy and the state of each.

I could make a lot more $$ simply as a consulting engineer but I am actually trying to make a difference for my kids and yours.

If you want the US to become a third world [bleep] as you say, keep buying stuff from Walmart, and don't tell your congressman to change our tax structure. Those are the drivers hurting our economy, not environmental awareness.

Last edited by Dudejcb; 10/21/09.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey, winter is coming to South Dakota with a vengeance. I say, "Bring on Global Warming!"

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
No kidding. One of the predicted winners (at least at first) will be Canada and the northern climes. You'll be growing Pinot Noir and cotton.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by slasher

Israeli powers in their govt were told this by the Obama administration,

"We are going to change the world. Stop doing...."

Be careful what you wish for...........................

I believe the world is going to change us and Obama. He shouldn't be threatening Israel.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"The biggest "greenhouse" gas is water vapor. will they try and regulate that next?"

Apparently not. They seem to want hydrogen powered cars and they emit water vapor as their exhaust. shocked
As far as global warming, or climate change if you prefer being man made, what arrogant bullsh!t. What causes climate change, or global warming or global cooling for that matter is the sun itself. A very simple analogt would be one of those gas powdered Coleman lanterns. If you don't keep them pumped up, the light waxes and wanes due to the erratic pressure and lowering fuel level. Pump it up and it gets bright. Let the air pressure drop and it gets dim. While I don't know the physics on how the sun operates, over the eons there has been radical climate change well before the advent of man. At one time, the mean temperature was on the order of 120 degrees. Man was nowhere around. Later, temperatures dropped so much that the glaciers literally covered massive areas of the earth's land mass. Guess that was our fault as well, even though we may not have been here yet.
I think all this change is due to changes in the sun and anything man has done is only a drop in the bucket on affecting climate change.
I guess Al Gore must be right. After all, he did invent the internet, right? It's all about control people and I for one refuse to be controlled by that idiot Gore or the jackass in the White House.
Obama may sign that treaty but the senate has to approve it. They're the ones we have to worry about and they worry the hell out of me.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They're the ones we have to worry about and they worry the hell out of me.
That's when it becomes job one to worry the hell out of them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay try to follow this. Greenland has always been icy cold. It was named Greenland by the Vikings to throw off their enemies. In a similar vein they (the Viking people not the football team) named their home island "Iceland." Get it? it was the psychology of the time.

your right Erik the Red lied his ass off.....still doesnt get passed the fact from bout 986 to about 1300 they were farming there.....for most of that they relied mainly on agriculture to feed themselves, not the sea, wasnt till the late 1200's that temps dropped again and they had to rely on the sea for the majority of their food and by the 1500's they were forced to abandon Greenland cause it was just to [bleep] cold....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler

your right Erik the Red lied his ass off.....still doesnt get passed the fact from bout 986 to about 1300 they were farming there.....for most of that they relied mainly on agriculture to feed themselves, not the sea, wasnt till the late 1200's that temps dropped again and they had to rely on the sea for the majority of their food and by the 1500's they were forced to abandon Greenland cause it was just to [bleep] cold....

I believe the era you're describing is known as the Medieval Warm Period. Monckton covers that phenomenon in the earlier part of the lecture.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
still doesnt get passed the fact from bout 986 to about 1300 they were farming there.....
See!!! See!!!!! It started way back then!! Oh Lord, what we gonna do???

grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i know what it is, apparently Dudejcb dont......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys don't feed the liberal turd troll.

I'm ought here.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's not all about the environment. It's about redistribution of wealth and sovereignty. It's about an assclown giving America away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Global warming is man's triumph over the coming ice age predicted as a near certainty in the '70s. Oh wait, global temperature has been cooling over the last few years. I'm so CONFUSED! crazy

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some hacker is blocking the home page. Had to go through the google ca Canada to get it.
Will forward to everyone I know. Fellas this is one thing we can't sit on our hands for. less than 50 days. lets get this thing going right around the world.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,908
Posts18,479,434
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.