Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A very limited life span.

If PC isn't there, it's not there. Can't make it up (and stay honest.)

Some cops get freaked out by guns. I'm not one of them. The most freaked-out cops with guns I've seen is in Illinois. Man!

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
120 is going to get you a ticket. Anywhere. I don't care what you say

Told one I was doing "about 110" almost 40 years ago.
He let me go, no ticket, but told me if I was going to fly, I needed to get a pilots license.

In fact the first thing he said to me was "do you have a pilots license".

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by Gene L
120 is going to get you a ticket. Anywhere. I don't care what you say.

I never did ask that question, I always told them my name and why I was stopping them. I might say, "Is there any legitimate reason you're going 120 MPH?"

Got pulled over by a Florida Highway Patrolman about 11:30 PM in the spring of 1970 doing 120 mph in my Barracuda on a newly opened stretch of I-95 in Ft. Lauderdale. I know it was 120 because I checked the speedometer when I saw his lights. He said he clocked me at 112 and I didn't argue the point.

Told the nice officer that I needed to get my 12th grade English term paper to my teacher's house (Mrs. Rhoda Radow) by midnight that night or I would get an F, subsequently flunk English and might not graduate high school. Offered to show him the term paper on the front seat if he wanted.

He seemed to think that sufficient, gave me a lecture about how going so fast might negate my graduation in other ways and let me off with a warning. wink

Karma got me 36 years later when I got the one and so far only speeding ticket of my life doing 31 mph in a 20 mph residential zone.

And the above is entirely the truth. I swear!

Jim, that is a good one!
I guess I could tell one along those lines.

I was working traffic on US 27, about 25 miles north of the Tennessee line. Another Trooper calls to me on the radio, and says he just clocked a camaro at 100+ and was turning but didn't expect to catch him. I was only about 6 miles North of where he clocked the camaro, so I turned around and started North.

In just a few seconds, I saw the camaro in the rear view, so I flipped on the blue lights,got into the left lane and did the old "top Gun maneuver". (Got on the brakes and let him fly by.)

Driver signaled that he was pulling over and did. I called to my buddy and told him that I had him stopped.

I walked up to the car and immediately the driver launches in his tale. "Trooper, I wouldn't be going this fast, but my buddy shot himself through the thumb with a nail gun." I leaned over where I could she the guy sitting in the passenger seat, and sure enough, he was sitting over there holding his left hand in his right, all sick and pale looking, and sporting a framing nail sticking in and out of the knuckle on his thumb. It looked just like the old gag arrows that Steve Martin used to wear doing his routine.

Anyway, without wasting anymore time, and to keep them from seeing me laugh, I just waved them on. Buddy pulls up about the time they are pulling out, and has the "What the hell?" look. I told him the story and then we both had a good laugh.

So I could say there were times when I could see not writing a ticket for speeding in excess of 100mph.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On a late night traffic stop I was working as volunteer reserve officer (my full time job was as a paramedic at the time), the deputy I was riding with pulled over a speeding car on a 2 lane state highway in the middle of nowhere (about 90 in a 55 zone).

He got out and approached the speeder, as I stayed by the patrol car, waiting for dispatch to notify us of any issues with the tags and vehicle description - and keeping a good hand on the shotgun, as a precaution, of course.

A few seconds later he comes back, and tells me to "give the guy a hand" and pops the trunk latch on the patrol car.

I go up and sure enough, wife's in labor in the back seat.

Partner comes back with the first aid kit and says, "I don't think we're going to make it to the hospital."

He was right.

And it wasn't the first time either....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Had one of those a few years back..

My hunting buddy broke his pelvis in two places..hospital is 45 miles away...
Luckily his daughter was a dispatcher for the PD and her husband, a police officer.
Had a friend call it in, tell them what kind of vehicle I was driving, and to leave us alone...if they wanted to give me a ticket, they could meet me at the hospital....
Well, after a fashion, they did...
His SIL alerted the ER and when I rolled up they were ready with backboards, clipboards, doctors, nurses...the Royal treatment!
No tickets!! grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a speeding ticket late one night � came down a long, straight, steep hill, under a railroad, into a small town. Cop was waiting on the town side of the underpass.

Don't remember having seen any "slow speed ahead" type of sign on that long, straight, steep hill.

He nailed me good, and I paid. I was really zooming, coasting without my foot on the gas pedal.

And I'm sure that there's always a cop there, raking-in twenty bucks a pop for that little town every night.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Back in 91, I was driving back to Miami after seeing the space shuttle take of. I was driving a Toyota spacecruiser that was full (about 7 of us) I hadnt been drinking but the others had,it was late and we were having a good old laugh in the car.We were on the Interstate so was doing about 65mph and slightly weaving in my lane but not crossing the white line,anyways the cops light up and I pull over (over here you get out of the car and meet each other by the trunk) So Ive gone to get out and next thing I`ve got guns pointed at me yelling this and that (of which i couldnt understand)so Ive got my hands stuck out of the window and all i`m shouting is I`m English I`m English we`ve just come back from the shuttle!!this went on for about 10seconds, then they stopped shouting and started talking but still with guns drawn and managed to explain as best i could that i was English etc.Luckily 2 of the girls had their passports with them which they managed to throw out of the window and this helped a little.To cut a long story short the cops were OK and we had a laugh about it and even got a photo!but...we all shcitt our pants and hedded the cops advice should I/we get stopped again.

I still talk about the incident as fondly as i do about watching the shuttle lift off.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Dave, it sounds like the King's English don't exactly mesh with our bastardized version when the adrenalin is pumpin'.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Living proof that one bias is NOT necessarily as valid as another.

Running from a cop is one of the surest ways in the world to guarantee to antagonize him. Don't expect chocolates and roses when he catches you.

That is great, I am going to add that to my signature line.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barak
Link to Article

Excerpt:
Every death of a police officer "in the line of duty" is solemnly memorialized and carefully tabulated. However, there is no official record kept of civilians who are unjustly killed or otherwise brutalized by police.

Each encounter between the police and innocent civilians is a potentially deadly experience for the latter. Thus the real question is not "Why do innocent people flee from the police?" but rather, "What rational person would
submit to the police if he had any reasonable hope of eluding or resisting them?"

Geez Mr. B, how many times do you have to post the same drama? Same song as many times before, just a different day.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That train only makes one stop.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Isaac,
Ya'll got him signed up on that Hog Hunt in Tennessee don't you? I would have loved to have been able to make that one.

+++++++++++++++++

I wish you could, as well, Tide! I can see Pat's already excited about kissing the ass of a lawyer. But, coppers are used to that! So am I!

I so wish I could be there to see you crying into your pillow...:)

I Burn While I See
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Isaac,
Ya'll got him signed up on that Hog Hunt in Tennessee don't you? I would have loved to have been able to make that one.

+++++++++++++++++

I wish you could, as well, Tide! I can see Pat's already excited about kissing the ass of a lawyer. But, coppers are used to that! So am I!

I so wish I could be there to see you crying squeeling into your pillow...:)

There, fixed it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Why do the ridiculous threads that don't merit a second look get so much life? Trainwreck mentality kind of thing?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's change course and pick on Bob.

I Burn While I See
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sounds like fun! grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why do the innocent flee? Hell, I'd run, too.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
X
X
Originally Posted by 700LH
120 is going to get you a ticket. Anywhere. I don't care what you say

Told one I was doing "about 110" almost 40 years ago.
He let me go, no ticket, but told me if I was going to fly, I needed to get a pilots license.

In fact the first thing he said to me was "do you have a pilots license".

Have any of you guys tried that GPS program that alerts you to speed traps. looks interesting. I was thinking of trying out phantom alert. anyone with personal experience in here?

http://phantomALERT-review.blogspot.com/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh isaac,

Ya better stay on your toes down there. I have a feeling you'll need your A game just to keep up with Sarge and Lt. I'll pm you my number so you can have a shoulder to cry on.

GRIN

I Burn While I See
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He will need it....

I would give him mine but unless his secretary is going along to dial.....

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 22250rem, 1234, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,470
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.