Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I first started using the net in 1991 or so... It was a whole other thing then. The first "coarsening" happened when AOL brought in the unwashed masses... It went downhill from there.

I do agree with BMT that the economy is part of it. I'm guilty of venting stress here. I suspect others are too.
I'm still on CompuServe. What's this AOL thing you speak of? Something new?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rkamp
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Both sides now have zero tolerance for opposing opinion. It isn't enough to disagree with somebody anymore, it must be taken further. As goes 24hr, so goes the country.

I only started frequenting the "hunter's campfire" recently. It is no place to roast marsh mellows or get warm. It should be renamed the "saloon" where almost anything goes. Outside of the "hunters campfire", the forum members seem much more hospitable.

laugh I like it, we should rename this room the saloon.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

As far as the "nudity" issue ...

I ALWAYS take all my clothes off, before I log-in.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by P_Weed

As far as the "nudity" issue ...

I ALWAYS take all my clothes off, before I log-in.

TMI TMI TMI

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have yet to find a kind or gentle thing, with regard to life. I suppose it comes with breathing...

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have been an observer of several other Huntin sites for years. It always seemed to me that the fire was the roughest sandbox. I respond in kind, and would choose to be as civil as any member chooses to be.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BMT
At 15K (registered users) it became coarser.

WTF have the other 14,985 done to make it "coarser"?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Perhaps it's the natural progression of things as they grow larger. We've all seen it happen with small schools, small clubs, small business, small towns, and even small churches as they grew bigger.

Probably occurs with internet forums too.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's a sign of the times, friend: and the love of many shall wax cold.

Give it a few more years and these days will seem like a church picnic.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
no, it didn't. shut up. I hate you.

TFF

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, well he was a friend of mine, too, man. But he's dead. And that's the way it goes when you're a soldier. You just bite the damn bullet and move on. Man, right now, we just gotta figure some way to get out of this place and get on with the damn mission.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
*shrugg*,...I dunno,...the place hasn't started makin' me cry myself to sleep every night, er nuthin'.

It's just da innanet.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
I have yet to find a kind or gentle thing, with regard to life. I suppose it comes with breathing...! and wearing a short skirt and high heels, and having to deal with all you boys here

I Agree. whistle

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
the skirt and high heels part?

Numbers. The more people involved, the meaner it gets. We generally accept people we know and crap on people we don't.

Sez a lot for the race in general

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did you really mean to say "race"

....or did you actually mean "species" ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
as in human...

good post on AZ, that is...good on Utah, too

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lurked here for years, using the search button to find out "answers" to questions, then I realized I was smarter than everyone here except for Lee24 and I had better get on board and straighten you bassturds out. Your welcome.

Of course its also possible that it's the tail edn of a longish winter and everyones getting alittle cooped up feeling- and of course since everyone is out of work now they have more time on thier hands to treat each other poorly and less money to go hunting, fishing, drinking togehter...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Let's see... you're in Texas? 257 Wby Mag with 120-grain Nosler Partitions should fit in down there... or we'll just make you retrieve downed quail in that nasty South Texas brush. Your choice. wink

Hmmmm. Saloon. I kinda like that. Maybe we should get Rick to rename the hunter's campfire. Crazed old farts' Saloon really would be more accurate.

rkamp - I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of the guys are harmless. I'm not too sure about curdog and Gringo Loco, though. You know how those Texans can be... I often remind my wife (who is from Texas) that there is no native American criminal class... except Texans. Oddly, she fails to see the humor in the statement.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BLOW ME.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I got here the kindling wood was still just starting to burn , and it seems the place has really changed - and not for the better .

The reality is this is Rick's site and he moderates it to his standards.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (673, 444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 27 invisible), 1,601 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,070
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.