Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Ready Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Man, you guys have been busy.

First off, thanks for the kind words. Much of the credit it due to hatari - he dreamt up PETT and PETA.

I was definitly NOT nominating Rancho for the list; but asking for his take on "funshooter", whom he quarreled with.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by byc
ingwe---your first order of business should be a fund raiser for Greg's new piggly wiggly. I mean seriously the guy is really hurtin.' I feel his pain all the way in VA. Maybe you can send Tom or John.

Actually Ive been organizing a fund raiser to replace Dan Adairs inflatable sheep...... whistle

Ingwe

Its called a Love Ewe for the 10th time... Inflatable sheep just sounds so slutty frown

[Linked Image]

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Ready Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The board call your attention to the current listings under PETA legislation:

Appendix 1: Entertaining trolls

JBurner Prime Example

funshooter - pended listing

Appendix 2: Nuisance trolls

Mocassin Joe

The Board has been petitioned to create a category for the group of known "$hit stires".

The notion died in sub commitee.

While everyone knows a �hitstirer; recognizing said category would pretty much mean a quarantine on the 'optics forum' so this has been filed for now.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by djpaintless
Scott, You must see a completely different side to him. I think I remember a couple posts about something good he's done. But every post of mine or thread I've seen is where he's spouting obscenity's at me and other people. It finally just got old.

Maybe I should for the first time just use the ignore button and move on. I prefer to find the good in people but if you'll check back to any post of mine that he's responded to in the last long while it's either been sarcasm or obscenity. I think you'll see where I'm coming from. He might be a great guy to you and others but he certainly hasn't been to me.

But no use getting upset about anything on the internet and on this forum there's a lot more great folks than bad. Nice chattin with ya.................................DJ

Dang DJ, I'm truly sorry for anything I might have said to hurt your feelings. It was rude of me to ever say anything negative to some of your stupid posts. Please forgive me and go have a great mother and kid, oops I meant dad and kid day.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cmg
Nomination:
Funshooter.

Opinion still out.

A review of his posts show a propensity to not acknowledge a mistake and thus he keeps digging. That's not necessarily troll-like behavior but it's not something to be admired. His rudeness is growing and while again not troll-like itself, it shows an immaturity that is telling.

So, a wait and see approach is recommended. Will he stay and become a valuable member contributing when he knows the answer and learning when others know? Or will he head off to follow the route of JasonB, 1234567, Ringworm, oldman1942 and brooksrange to attempt to become the most formally ignored person on the fire?

It's up to him.

For me, I'm off to take the dog out and get coffee (the coffees for me!)and then a toss-up to either trout fish the Patuxent or head to the range to sight in the S&B on Mr. Bob and my brothers .270 I refinished the stock on.

Allen

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why Pugs is upset with JasonB:

Originally Posted By: Pugs
Tom,

I'm not upset with any of the drivers. I just don't think the cars are at fault and I think that the cars are in all likelihood behaving exactly as designed. Step on go pedal and car goes. If you stepped on brake it will stop, or at least slow down a lot if they are undersized.

The idea that two to four independent systems simultaneously failed is so unlikely, given their simplicity, that it does not bear inspection.

I do not believe there is a software glitch.

Originally Posted By: Pugs
Originally Posted By: acesandeights
"Off-duty CHP Officer Mark Saylor was killed along with his wife, her brother and the couple's daughter after their Lexus' accelerator got stuck in La Mesa."

"Their Lexus" as I understand it was a service loaner and it had the wrong floormats for the vehicle and the mats were upside down and installed backwards and jammed the accelerator.

The dealer is at fault IMO.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Amazing how hitting the brake, shifting to neutral, shutting off the car via the key, or simply jerking the floor mat off the accelerator is within the grasp of everyone else, but when one of the infallibles is in that situation it is someone else's fault.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
May I propose some useful avatar we should make mandatory for members known as trolls from this thread ?

[Linked Image]

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Thank Christ on the some level of credibility, else I would have had to stick my big toe in the trigger guard of a shotgun.

Not credibility Scott, incredibility at times. But I like ya anyway guy.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by grand_veneur
May I propose some useful avatar we should make mandatory for members known as trolls from this thread ?

That would be good. Might also be good to have a file of a trolls lines that made them move to that category. As an example, here's the thread that moved JasonB to my ignore file and branded him as a social retard who is only here to stir..

Military leadership

You will see many classic troll-like characteristics including topic shifting and not actually providing any factual basis for their answers but instead shifting to an immediate attack on the person. People can change and their are folks who were on my ignore list that came off it and have proven to be useful members. JasonB might have done that in that thread if he could have provided straight answer to what rights he's given up but he followed the classic troll of both topic shifting and attacking so there he resides in perpetuity.

Off to the range!

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by grand_veneur

That would be good. Might also be good to have a file of a trolls lines that made them move to that category. As an example, here's the thread that moved JasonB to my ignore file and branded him as a social retard who is only here to stir..

Military leadership

You will see many classic troll-like characteristics including topic shifting and not actually providing any factual basis for their answers but instead shifting to an immediate attack on the person. People can change and their are folks who were on my ignore list that came off it and have proven to be useful members. JasonB might have done that in that thread if he could have provided straight answer to what rights he's given up but he followed the classic troll of both topic shifting and attacking so there he resides in perpetuity.

Off to the range!

You said you were putting me on ignore, I figured you were lying, I posted something that you would feel the need to correct me on *if you were able to read it*, you read it, you corrected me, you didn't have me on ignore, hence you were lying. Kind of like the private citizen drivers being able stop the Toyotas and any accidents are solely their faults, but a member of a group you have an affinity for placed in an identical situation and also wrecking can't be in the wrong.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK...what am I missing here..you just re-posted Pugs' post...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thirded..Turded...

Ingwe

Fixed for free. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tanx!...I tink..... wink

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK...what am I missing here..you just re-posted Pugs' post...

Ingwe

Thanks, fixed it. For some reason the reply was dowloading an ad while I was responding and I got the cursor in to the quoted section.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JasonB that type of response above is exactly why you are in the hotseat.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lacking entertainment value. Slipping towards Appendix II.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

I know. Once someone claims to be a conservative, they are free to make all the hypocritical statements they wish and no one is supposed to notice, or if they do they are supposed to sing their praises for it. Private citizen in a car they claim is faulty? Nope, anything bad that happens is their fault. Cop in a similar vehicle? All on the dealer who somehow prevented the cop from hitting the brakes, turning off the car, shifting in to neutral or just lifting the floor mat off the accelerator that was supposed to work for the private citizen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another note for trollhunting 101 is look at their posting records and compare them with known bad agents.

This for example.

Lee24 - last post 01/21/10 03:31 PM
JBurner's - first post 01/21/10 04:31 AM

In just looking at JBurner's fanciful claims that lack things like photographs, details about PH's and such it's clear to me that he is simply Lee24 come back and living out some Walter Mitty fantasy from his mothers basement.

Another good clue is when there's a campfire get together near a troll they won't show. Now I regard this as a good thing since I regard most not too well put together. Hunter1960 is a very good example of that.

I have been lucky enough to meet a fair amount of Campfire members face to face. The DC Grill and Chill, the TN pig hunt and the get together at the Whittington Facility in NM provided opportunities to meet some great folks and put some faces to names. There's a not a one I wouldn't be happy to share a real fire with again.

Look at a person's profile and posts for troll clues as well. While most don't use there real name here most of the good ones will have a location or at least reference there or two to locations in their posts. Barak is one exception to that and while I don't agree with his anarchist philosophy he is courteous and honest in his dealing on the fire and we would be lessoned without him.

VANimrod is very good at putting clues together and his hints on troll ID would be very useful if he's like to post some. If we had access from Rick's end or could view post headers like on Usenet it would be trivial. That's OK though as the hunt is often the best part of the game. grin

Ready Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hatari
Lacking entertainment value. Slipping towards Appendix II.

I noted that.

I petition the board to move Burner onto appendix II .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JasonB
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

I know. Once someone claims to be a conservative, they are free to make all the hypocritical statements they wish and no one is supposed to notice, or if they do they are supposed to sing their praises for it. Private citizen in a car they claim is faulty? Nope, anything bad that happens is their fault. Cop in a similar vehicle? All on the dealer who somehow prevented the cop from hitting the brakes, turning off the car, shifting in to neutral or just lifting the floor mat off the accelerator that was supposed to work for the private citizen.

Nope it is just your tone, tact and attitude period.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,971
Posts18,519,772
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.