Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
yes, I think they are......it feels like 1980.

More like 1984.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
well, yeah.....that too, unfortunately

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rrroae
I want to believe so badly that people are waking up but I can't help thinking this is just an anomaly.

Are the tides really turning??

No, of course not; but chances are the Republicans will win big.

With minor and insignificant cosmetic changes, they'll keep going the same direction the Democrats before them have gone (which is the same direction the Republicans before them went, which is the same direction the Democrats before them went, which...etc.).

When the tides really turn, they will turn away from government, rather than switching from one party to the other. Until that happens, it'll just be more of the same.

Look for the Republicans to come up with another "Contract With America" scam like they did in the 80s. There are nearly two generations of new voters who haven't heard that one yet. Last I heard, Sean Hannity had one all ready for them.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by krp
Good for him, vote the incumbents out.

Kent

It's an open seat, Jim Bunning's chair. Bunning was a good man, but McConnell and he don't get along. Mitch pretty much blacklisted Bunning, so Bunning decided to retire. That's gonna bite old Mitch dead on the azz...........

If you can believe the gossip...
Old Mitch would like it...

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by rrroae
I want to believe so badly that people are waking up but I can't help thinking this is just an anomaly.

It's true that many people are still asleep,...but the alarm clock is ticking down.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chadwimc

If you can believe the gossip...
Old Mitch would like it...

I thought that was Lindsey Graham?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That ain't all that's popular in Kentucky grin

[Linked Image]

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Just got back from voting for a "Paul"

,..a satisfying way to spend 10 minutes, I have to say.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Just got back from voting for a "Paul"

,..a satisfying way to spend 10 minutes, I have to say.
The most conservative estimation based on the polls is that he'll win by 15%. If it turns out he doesn't win, there's serious hanky panky going on.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
must have made your day, B.

what's the morning line? Rand by ten points or so?

I am torn on the Specter primary about whether I'd rather see him humiliated in the democrat primary, or have him barely squeak in because he would be the weaker candidate in November, and it would be fun to watch him crushed by a Republican.

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
The most interesting aspect of voting today was the uncharacteristically low turnout in my heavily democrat precinct,..one of the volunteers said it was at about 30%,..and it usually goes about 60%.

It seems that my democrat neighbors aren't particularly inspired with their field of candidates.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

An Army of Two?

I'm sure they'll be just as successful as Rand's daddy has been in the house.

Darn tootin'.......Two Senators can have a significant influence in a body of 100 members.

And RP has been laying the groundwork for these kind of changes--as small as they may be. From McCain's struggles in Arizona to even a liberal Red Teamer like Scott Brown, Ron Paul's presidential campaign, his consistent philosphy of small government/big freedoms, and the press coverage that continues to follow him has made a difference in my semi-humble opinion..... wink

But I ain't griping as long as the seat doesn't go D.

We really need a eye-roll icon.............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
It ain't over until the fat lady sings,..and many people in very, very lofty national political positions don't want to see Rand Paul win.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
====================

Can you provide just 2 examples of success RP has accomplished in his 40 years of politics? How about 1?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
====================

Can you provide just 2 examples of success RP has accomplished in his 40 years of politics? How about 1?
There ain't no stinking Liberal Democrat in his seat. How dat?

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
====================

Can you provide just 2 examples of success RP has accomplished in his 40 years of politics? .

Ron Paul has completely altered the debate and focused the people on the role of the Federal Reserve.

He's also pointed out the advantages of Austrian economics as opposed to the Keynesian model,..which has resulted in a run away national debt and debasement of America's currency.

He has placed *real* issues before the public,..instead of the nonsense that the people are supposed to consider the issues.

He's identified the crooks.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
And RP has been laying the groundwork for these kind of changes--as small as they may be. From McCain's struggles in Arizona to even a liberal Red Teamer like Scott Brown, Ron Paul's presidential campaign, his consistent philosphy of small government/big freedoms, and the press coverage that continues to follow him has made a difference in my semi-humble opinion..... wink
Yeah, but that's not the kind of difference Steve and company want to see or give credit for.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Still waiting!!

Certainly you don't really feel RP has suggested or proposed anything not already proposed by earlier conservatives,like Goldwater.

You boys thinking your boy has single handedly set the stage and debate is ..well,silly.

I have my settings on "alert" for when I receive a real, authentic example of that success you speak of!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Still waiting!!

Certainly you don't really feel RP has suggested or proposed anything not already proposed by earlier conservatives,like Goldwater.

You boys thinking your boy has single handedly set the stage and debate is ..well,silly.

I have my settings on "alert" for when I receive a real, authentic example of that success you speak of!
"Ron Paul has completely altered the debate and focused the people on the role of the Federal Reserve.

He's also pointed out the advantages of Austrian economics as opposed to the Keynesian model,..which has resulted in a run away national debt and debasement of America's currency.

He has placed *real* issues before the public,..instead of the nonsense that the people are supposed to consider the issues.

He's identified the crooks." - Bristoe

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Very good,Hawkeye.

Still waiting!!

William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,132
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.