-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the M1920 ever were to be reintroduced, I'd like to see the action trimmed down. A slightly redesigned, more aesthetically pleasing action as opposed to that full round military style action Savage is using today as all that bulk isn't warranted by the a lean round like the 250, not with the good quality steels we have today.

I also agree that mechanically, the M1920 trigger is a flawed. An Accutrigger would be nice improvement. And I still believe Savage would sell a ton of rifles if they choose to develop a proprietary 250 cartridge based on the 250 Ackley. The 1-10 rifling of course.

But in the mean time the M14 250 American Classic and the M1920 are still my go to rifles if I just want to enjoy shooting critters. smile

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The trigger is flawed only in the sense that it doubles as the bolt release. The 2-stage pull I can live with, as I've been living with it for about 45 years when shooting Springfields, Mausers, Enfields, etc. I'm just used to it, and don't even think about it.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve99
Steve,

Are all the 1920's you pictured above Model 1920's or is the last one in the second pic a 20/26?

Steve
Yes you are correct a 20/26 pictured there
Steve

Originally Posted by gnoahhh
The trigger is flawed only in the sense that it doubles as the bolt release. The 2-stage pull I can live with, as I've been living with it for about 45 years when shooting Springfields, Mausers, Enfields, etc. I'm just used to it, and don't even think about it.

Gary
The two-stage as you refer to, or as i call it trigger creep,can be removed with little effort for a clean crisp trigger pull. i have done already 4 of them.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What did that do to the full sear engagement? The first stage of the pull drops the sear down most of the way out of engagement then the last pull-the second stage- drops it the rest of the way. Also, does eliminating the "creep" effect the overall safety issue of carrying the gun cocked, safety on? Also, would constant battering by the bolt (in it's function as a bolt stop) effect the fine/close engagement of the sear after it is fine-tuned?

One of the reasons the armies went with the two-stage pull a century ago was the huge benefit from having a lot of sear engagement. Think rough usage: running, dropping into firing positions and breaking your fall with the rifle, using it as a club, etc. Less chance for accidental discharge in field use, in other words.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You planning to take your 1920 to war soon Gary??? laugh laugh laugh

Andrew
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
What did that do to the full sear engagement? The first stage of the pull drops the sear down most of the way out of engagement then the last pull-the second stage- drops it the rest of the way. Also, does eliminating the "creep" effect the overall safety issue of carrying the gun cocked, safety on? Also, would constant battering by the bolt (in it's function as a bolt stop) effect the fine/close engagement of the sear after it is fine-tuned?

One of the reasons the armies went with the two-stage pull a century ago was the huge benefit from having a lot of sear engagement. Think rough usage: running, dropping into firing positions and breaking your fall with the rifle, using it as a club, etc. Less chance for accidental discharge in field use, in other words.

Gary
No Effect on the sear engagment and Safty is still there.
It' works, Better yet I'll bring a few for you to Shoot at savage Fest, and then ya can carefully study the adjustment.
\Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by lovemy99
You planning to take your 1920 to war soon Gary??? laugh laugh laugh

Yep! Think Marx Brothers in "Duck Soup".

Steve, looking forward to it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,993 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,832
Posts18,517,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.