Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by krp
....What the heck is it with liberals and arguing with lies. It's not so bad that you are mistaken, it's you have to argue that your lies are true, complete with detailed (fantacies) examples... puts into perspective all your other ramblings... nuff said.
Ahhh, now we get to the truth. I'm a Democrat so everything I say is a lie, huh? Go forth to public land and pick up all the rocks, fossils and arrowheads you want. Just show them to the first ranger or game warden you see, ok?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Amazing what the question "ID this rock" can provoke.

Steve

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you have the difficult to find "mano" of a "mano y metate".

IMHO, just my $.02, YMMV, Hope i didn't offend anyone, yadda yadda, yadda.

-tom

Wag More. Bark Less.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I pick up everything that looks like an artifact. What good does leaving it on the ground do? It's called civil disobedience. It's not friggin murder.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Junior1942
Ahhh, now we get to the truth. I'm a Democrat so everything I say is a lie, huh? Go forth to public land and pick up all the rocks, fossils and arrowheads you want. Just show them to the first ranger or game warden you see, ok?

Should be OK to show it to the Game Warden, unless of course you didn't tag it, or its not within the "slot limit", or you werent wearing your orange when you picked it up...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Amazing what the question "ID this rock" can provoke.

Steve

Unfortunately artifacts are a hot button topic for greenies and especially archaeologists, as exhibited here. There is always someone say'n you broke a law just picking up a stick for firewood, or rock for a fire ring.

JuniorLee24, called you out in his first post inferring you broke the law with the excavating... for picking up a rock... You will lose your gun rights... idiot.

I've dealt with greenie archaeologists before and knew where he was going, I can't abide someone that straight up lies to propagandize their views... this isn't opinion.

I will bet he isn't a professional arch and just belongs to a club.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
....What the heck is it with liberals and arguing with lies. It's not so bad that you are mistaken, it's you have to argue that your lies are true, complete with detailed (fantacies) examples... puts into perspective all your other ramblings... nuff said.

I called you a liberal, have no idea if you were a democrat, you could be a republican liberal for all I know... Lie, propagandize, greenie tendencies = LIBERAL.

I have seen a few of your other posts somewhere, mostly you attacked me on a political thread before, but hey that's your opinion and I really don't remember much but that you had a LIBERAL slant. LIBERAL = lies to propagandize their view and control others, Al Gore comes to mind.

This isn't opinion and you categorically state it's a felony to pick up a rock on public land, punishable by physical arrest and imprisonment and loss of 2A rights.

I simply ask again that since you brought up the subject of criminal action concerning the OP, you prove statute. Duck and dive all you want, change the subject to me, whatever... The onus is on you to prove your statements.

Try again.... just answer the foooking question.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn't matter if it is an "Indian sex rock".

Indians had no problem using naturally-formed rocks that suited their momentary purpose.

If you like it and think it is interesting, keep it.

I've found some perfectly round stones that I seriously doubt an Indian ever laid eyes on, but are indistinguishable from grinding stones dug out of burial mounds. Unless a stone has tool marks on it, it is impossible to prove/disprove Indian use.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Artifacts found on private land in Missouri are not subject to state laws. If human remains are encountered you are required to notify law enforcement or natural resources. Unlawful to dig on federal or private land. Make sure all surface finds of stone artifacts occurs on private land where you have the owners permission. grin GW

Against the law to dig on private land. How in the flying hell do you guys put in a foundation for a home? You just pour a basement on the surface and pound it in when it dries?

blush I am either sober today or my old timers has cleared with the help of Scotts proof reading abilities. Thanks Scott grinGW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

One of the many Government geeks who had to approve my application to build a road across my land was the Government Archeologist.

If he had found any significant chips or shards The bulldozer would not now be moving dirt on my land.

Your tax dollars at work.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
4. If you don't want to do that, show a ranger the pretty rock you found in his or her forest.

It's OUR forest, not "their's".

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I feel a ... SC 375 H&H coming on...

Willie C. jr " I 'never' had sex with that rock"

Lee Sr would have been so proud.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Guess he's a liberal government worker... if he ignores it, maybe no one remembers his lies.

Probably has me on ignore now, the most hateful sound to a liar's ears is the truth... totally vile.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You guys that say it's not lawful to dig a mound or camp on your private land TALK too much... wink I was taught by my grandfather that this was OUR ranch, and we'd do whatever we were big enough to do on it.

As far as 'artifacts' on federal land. Well, they see "differences" in artifacts, and the way they are possesed. If you are a "Pothunter" and dig especially for some of the cermonial type pots that are in and around burial grounds, then you are looking at pen time. smirk

If you are out on BLM hunting deer and you pick up a pottery shard or a point and put it in your pocket, then you may be looking at getting it taken away from you....But, then again, if they KNOW about it, you TALK TOO MUCH. grin

i don't think I would make it a practice to be digging in caves, rock shelters, or mounds on federal lands though. They may make an example of you.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just take the damn thing.
If anybody complains, throw it at 'em

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They both look like 'pet rocks' to me.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by krp
Guess he's a liberal government worker... if he ignores it, maybe no one remembers his lies.

Probably has me on ignore now, the most hateful sound to a liar's ears is the truth... totally vile.

Kent
Nope, not on ignore. Not a government worker. Retired. Waiting on word from an Arizona horse's mouth. Is the other end of the horse at Kent R Powell; 2530 N. 62nd Street; Mesa, Arizona?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a "Pigeon" rock to me!

Run for your life,surrender or stand up and fight!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent
Nope, not on ignore. Not a government worker. Retired. Waiting on word from an Arizona horse's mouth. Is the other end of the horse at Kent R Powell; 2530 N. 62nd Street; Mesa, Arizona?

Nope, close but nice try... county has my info all messed up. anywho, my info has been all over the net with the different donations I've run. Big deal....

You know they charge like 40 bucks to run a search at man-on-mansearch.com

Sending me a donation?

Seems like you could have gotten a answer quick like, sounds like you are waiting because the answer you got was not what you wanted.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Oh... post my social security # and I'll be impressed... just say'n.

Kent

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.