-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup.Neither has Rick, Matt ect.Food for thought.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This isn't just about rifles, it's also about personalities and egos.

Shipping rifles to some third party won't settle this......this needs to be a face to face deal........

Question on the table is, who has the stones to actually show up????

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
Screw the third party stuff. Cause this is just as much about the owner as it is the operator.

Disagree.

John is selling a system and not HIS shooting ability.

I don't give a damn about whether John or BS or anyone else is a better shot. It's about the equipment pure and simple.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the whole thing started when Burns said his rifle would "out perform" any other LR hunting system ...

so it IS squarely about the performance of the rifle, and NOT about egos and/or pitting one shooter's ability against another ...

not saying ego's haven't entered into this thread ... just simply that the 'test' is about nothing other than rifle system performance ...

-WGM-
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I lived in Alaska for almost 9 years and the only reason I ever left was when my sister was murdered. I can't imagine leaving Alaska to go to the other 49, much less to do something I could do in my backyard. YMMV

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Thanks Steelie - hours of fun in this one...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WGM
the whole thing started when Burns said his rifle would "out perform" any other LR hunting system ...

so it IS squarely about the performance of the rifle, and NOT about egos and/or pitting one shooter's ability against another ...

not saying ego's haven't entered into this thread ... just simply that the 'test' is about nothing other than rifle system performance ...

So, let HIM prove it.......

and let those who say their system is better prove him wrong.......

I don't see this as purely an equipment question.......if it was, we could just lock each one down in a vice and use a remote trigger.......but where is the fun in that??

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I lived in Alaska for almost 9 years and the only reason I ever left was when my sister was murdered. I can't imagine leaving Alaska to go to the other 49, much less to do something I could do in my backyard. YMMV

Regardless, larry's nothing but a coward if he doesnt shoot. You know it, I know it, and so does larry.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't know it. What I do know is he has helped countless folks on here, he's never been on here beating a drum to make money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am way ahead of you boys on letting the MT contingent shoot my rifles. My big concern is how to get it done as soon as is reasonable for all concerned.

I think Scenarshooter and I are going to have a few day of fun shootin this spring when hunting seasons quit and then when the weather cooperates and I think you can expect a fair evaul from him, and he might just be a pretty hard guy to BS.

Mule Deer would be a great guy to have shoot the system but I would hesitate to volunteer him as his schedule and interest are his own.

The big deal is Little Fish and his total lack of confidence in himself. I have seen him be the total jackass and now that he can put up or shut up he hides. Money is not a problem and time off is not a problem so what is the problem????

Whether or not any of you are a potential customer of me or not I think Little Fish has shown his true colors tonight and for me that is good enough.

I build a quality setup that delivers as all can see from the videos, if that is not for you great, but if someone wants a finished rifle that will hunt right out of the box I think I do a pretty good job.

Steelhead,

You had your chance to shut me up and you hid so what�s up now???

Let�s play with the best you got buddy.

It so easy when you goof balls think those toys you carry will run with the big boys.

My jackass attitude is not intended to pizz anyone else off but the few who are named here.

I know it comes off strong but sometimes you have to put up or shut up and I hope the sane will give me some slack here as I call these punks out.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by WGM

So, let HIM prove it.......

and let those who say their system is better prove him wrong.......

I don't see this as purely an equipment question.......if it was, we could just lock each one down in a vice and use a remote trigger.......but where is the fun in that??

That's part of it.

Hell, why not push for BOTH?

Get the 3rd party eval of the systems AND have each of the "players" together to go head-to-head with their system.

Cake, and eat it, too.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You'll do that all by yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand.......a challenge was made and now we are waiting to see if this is all just big talk.......so far John Burns is the only one willing to back up his claims......

Cancer Sucks
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That has absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand.......a challenge was made and now we are waiting to see if this is all just big talk.......so far John Burns is the only one willing to back up his claims......

Then get John to fly himself and his rifle system up to Alaska and go at it ...

-WGM-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick and John shooting against each other proves exactly nothing to the guy looking to spend their money on a quality shooting/hunting system which performs.

Unless of course you're hiring either one to pull the trigger for you.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Stick and John shooting against each other proves exactly nothing to the guy looking to spend their money on a quality shooting/hunting system which performs.

Unless of course you're hiring either one to pull the trigger for you.

Stop making sense ...

-WGM-
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Come on. Do you really expect someone to travel from AK to MT to settle and internet dispute? Is Burns willing to travel to AK? That would be interesting..(grin)

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Ditto having either one or both there with the rifle to coach.

A "turn key system", ready to go, ought not need someone to teach you to use it, regardless of whether Burns builds it, or Larry specs it, or Remington produces it.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
John;

Still curious as to your earlier comment about load development.

Are you saying that the "system" that you build doesn't have load development nor a drop chart done for the rifle? How, then, is the ammunition you provide with it as part of the package done up, if it's not load developed for that rifle?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Ditto having either one or both there with the rifle to coach.

A "turn key system", ready to go, ought not need someone to teach you to use it, regardless of whether Burns builds it, or Larry specs it, or Remington produces it.

Right. Here is one of Stick's 'turn key' rifles (secondhand rose).

He handed it to me, I dialed what his chart read, chambered a round and center punched the steel at @750 yards MPJA. First time I ever touched the rifle.

[Linked Image]

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,077
Posts18,521,776
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.