Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
my wife said it would keep hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold

How do it know?

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't drink it all day...but I drink a half a pot in the morning. On the weekends I make it in a french press.

I have a grinder but not a good burr grinder. I usually grind my 8'oclock beans at the store then store them air tight.

Community Coffee is good too. For the drip maker, I buy Maxwell House, or Folgers, whichever is on sale...the darkest I can find.

Drink ONLY black.

Recently my old Braun maker gave up the ghost. It was old, and actually ran hot water over the gounds...today's don't heat it enough to make good coffee. My district judge had one like mine, though he's not a coffee freak...I begged, and he gave me his out of his office. Happy day! I actually offered to buy or replace, but he just gave it to me.

Last edited by .280Rem; 11/08/10.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Costco Seattle Colombian. They roast it in the store and I grind it every morning. At home Sugar and Cream. Away in a thermos, Hot black and STRONG!. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
This may be flame time, but I like Walmart arabica(sp)
instant,big over full table spoon full for 8 oz cup.
No sugar or creamer. About 8 or 10 a day.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Still carry a thermos, but I've gotten a lot more picky about what I put in it...got a burr grinder, fresh ground beans (currently Sulawesi Toraja Peaberry)and a French Press, made strong. I like just a little turbinado sugar to take the edge off, 'bout half a teaspoon per 8 oz cup.

Life is too short for bad coffee.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Regular ol' medium roast Folger's.

Have a Bunn at the house for a 3 minute pot in the morning, and another pot at the office. Four of us in the office that keep the pot pretty fresh.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yup,I'm a coffee drinker too,and a thermos carrier.A 30 yr old stainless Stanley.I leave the house in the morning and drink at the local gathering place for a couple of hours before work.I leave about 0715 to begin my day,and stop by a few more times for a cup during the morning.I carry my thermos when huntng,traveling,or working out of town.At home,we drink folgers,but I love community when we can find it.Starbucks has some good stuff too,and I hit them when traveling.Usually switch over to beer afer lunch! Lightman

lightman
RAS2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have had Yuban and it's a good coffee. Don't know how many remember Chase Bros. but we can still get it, not as good as t used to be.

Tried off brand at Aldi's once called "coffee". Purtiy sure I drank dirt!! sick

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Two pounds of Folgers Gormet Supreme Dark roast mixed with one pound of French Market. I drink a 12 cup pot in the morning (with a spot of milk), piss like a racehorse till 10:00 and have a cup of whatever there is at work. If I get to draggin in the afternoon I'll hit another cup. I can do without it during the day but if I don't get my morning fix, there's going to be a problem, then the police are gonna come, and somebody is going to have to clean up all the blood, .......

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Carry the same thermos for 32years and dark roast yuban the sronger the better. foe a good coffee maker try a Bunn mine has been a favorite.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Black coffee, thermos when I need to and I like Hill Brothers. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cageycat
Fill my thermos everyday and also drink it black.Yuban for me.

Same here. Made in a french press every morning. Best bang of good coffee for the buck IMO.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we used to grind and it is good, but have gone back to Folgers and Yuban, my wife likes the latter, me the former.

just drink it black, maybe some real cream in the evening if available.

I'd bout rather have a good cup of coffee with half and half than any other type dessert.

have an old Stanley thermos that goes hunting or on camping trips, but in town I've a pot on at home and at work so no need for a thermos

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like my coffee black and my bourbon neat.

I like light roast coffee. OK and dark roast too.

Had some Cuban coffee once that was really good. Cafe Cubano. I don't know if it's the unobtainium aspect of it or what, but it just seemed like such damn good coffee.

Last edited by BarryC; 11/08/10.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Folgers 100% Columbian medium dark roast 'cause I can't get my "bean fix" anywhere near where I live.
Five or six cups before noon, then no more caffeine for the day.
Own a real Thermos and a Thermos coffee cup that holds about 32oz. so it's good for a drive.
Drink it black, maybe a bit of Sweet n' Low if it's somebody elses idea of dark roast.
Can't stand most Starbucks coffee. I like a dark roast, can't stand burnt coffee.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fleet average black...jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BarryC
I like my coffee black and my bourbon neat.

I like light roast coffee. OK and dark roast too.

Had some Cuban coffee once that was really good. Cafe Cubano. I don't know if it's the unobtainium aspect of it or what, but it just seemed like such damn good coffee.

+1 on black coffee. Our local Costco has Cafe Cubano most of the time. We drink it daily. Maybe not the same stuff you mentioned but it has the same name. It's brewed by Mayorga.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RAS2
I was just realizing I'm the last of the old thermos carriers at work. Thought I'd see if anyone still drinks this beverage and what you like.

I have a grinder and I lve fresh ground in the morning. Tried 8'oclock & when I was in Montana they had a brand at Costco called Seattle Mt. very good.

I'm not for flavored coffee. If ypu want hot chocalate then have it but I like plain coffee sometimes with coffeemate, NO sugar. sick

I also drink Maxwell house when I can't grind and instant can also serve well. So let's hear it, anyone drink coffee and what do you like or am I the last of a dying breed?
I brew it fresh twice a day, once in the morning and once when I get home from work. Otherwise I'm a zombie. I use Eight O'clock 100% Colombian, with milk and sugar. To me, Starbucks Coffee tastes like crap.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Drink hot and black. My pot starts brewing at 4:30 am and I drink nearly a pot before wifey gets up. Secretary has a pot waiting on me at work. No frufru crap but have been know to put a big dose of whiskrey in at night...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Folgers through the Bunn here at home before work, straight black and hot. At work we've got one of the restaurant style Bunns with the top warmer, plumed into the water supply it pretty much runs all day. They've started using bundled Folgers filter packs and kind of weak now.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.