-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Mr. Coffee mug warmer keeps my coffee hot.

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One, maybe two cups every morning. If working that day, the coffee goes with me in an insulated mug.
I use coffee from StrongTree Organic Coffee . The folks that run it, Chris and Nora, used to live here, and roasted coffee under the brand name "Sweetwater".
They were from NY, and wanted to go home. At least they do internet sales.
They are, without a doubt in the absolute top tier of roasters, and Chris probably is currently the best in America at sourcing.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I drink mine stong and black. Carry a small thermos to school with me so I dont have to pay for the super expensive crap on campus. I have the timer set on my pot so its about done brewing when I get up in the morning. While at home, my girlfriend usually has a pot made all the time.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The Wife buys it, always good stuff. I never ask her how much she pays because I don't want to know. I suspect more the Maxwell and Yuban.

She buys it, I brew it in the french press each morning and bring it to her in bed along with her laptop. That first hour in the bedroom with the fireplace glowing sets the pace of the day.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I drink it black, brand doesn't matter. I like it strong not weak. I enjoyed coffee in Germany, they like it strong also. I have a coffee pot in my office.

There's always coffee brewing in the S.O. somewhere, 24/7 365. I usually have a mug of coffee or iced tea, with me when i'm driving.

Years ago, the Alladin brand thermos's were made in Nashville, TN. The company that bought the Stanley and Alladin brands, are based in Seattle now. They moved their manufacturing to China, from the US. Who would guess?

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
I carry a thermos and drink my coffee black.

+1.

same here, Maxwell House, in a cup ( usually dirty one )

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love coffee! I use a burr grinder. The best coffee I've had lately was Costco's Ruwandan beans. A small shipment and they ran out before I could get back to buy more. If you're really a coffee 'freak', check out this place: http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/ They have fabulous stuff, albeit $.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Was carrying a thermos until today. We put in a small coffee maker at the office that is adequate. Coffee is black only for me. Favorite is Caribou Daybreak blend, freshly ground. Not a fan of the real strong blends like you often find at Starbucks. Not a SB fan in general.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Coffee black. Anything flavored or with cream/sugar is gay.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Coffee black. Anything flavored or with cream/sugar is gay.

Pretty well sums it up for me. Anything unblack and/or sweet is girly man junk. Make mine stong and black and early in the morning.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will drink any brand you are serving, the darker the better (I buy what's on sale), drink it black. Now as to the best I ever drank; it was in Jamaica, coffee was a local bean known as Blue Mountain.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Coffee, black. Tim Hortons brand, just the right blend.

Lynn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Black, dark, and plentiful, my motto 'bout coffee.

My Thermos is over thirty-years old, but doesn't see the daily use it did for most of those years.

I do carrry some bottled water, and Folgers instant for instances where the coffee I have access to is awful, or absent. I can always find a microwave, and in just over a minute, have a passable cup of joe.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
odessa, that blend is available in the states, but it's $40 a pound lol

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by mike762
I thought that was cold and bitter, how you like your women I mean.

I like mine hot, sweet, and creamy! Both!
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Coffee, black. Tim Hortons brand, just the right blend.

Lynn

Tim Horton's coffee is just about the only thing I miss about Canada.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While we are on the subject, I find that these thermos' work better for me. Mine will keep coffee hot for over 24 hours if never opened. Sometime I will fill mine up on Monday morning before I leave home on a trip and then will have coffee available and not use it that day. Next morning it will be hot enough that you can't hold your finger in it. miles

thermos

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
odessa, that blend is available in the states, but it's $40 a pound lol

I don't believe I will be buying any at that price - maybe my wife and I will get back to Jamaica again one day and have another cup.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i guess it's something about the fact that THAT BEAN only grows at THAT SPOT in the world and they say it's that much better than everything else.

i had a cup, it was good but not amazing. i have had other cups i thought were as good. maybe it was the way it was prepared or something.

however you had it fresh, in country. bet it was awesome.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HEB dark french roast bean, burr ground and a Freedom Press for 3 1/2 mins and poured into a thermos.......black. A pot every morning.

All American

All the time
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (222Sako, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,526
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.