Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by logcutter
His experience will be missed by those with way more experience than those against him,hunting Elk in Idaho and Montana..

Jayco

Cool.. so you'll take the whining over to the elk forum? No need to reply, I know you said you were finished with this thread about 10 posts ago and I'd hate for anybody to think that you're less than truthful, or one that exaggerates unnecessarily.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Dr Howell

Are you an Aquarius... no wonder you are so well respected....

Happy 80'th early, Sir.

My thought is, if I post enough, one day I will make an intelligent comment, not by skill, but by the odds.

I have to get some bedtime, I have to go blow up some expensive Gov't targets tomorrow, it's supposed to rain here tomorrow afternoon, and it's much colder than home....

Allen

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Once again..No experience and from back east..Not Montana or Idaho just pay for view hunts....

Try growing up in the hills just doing it....Not paying for it..

Absurd..Maybe, but why is just you little guys posting against Ray rather than the real Elk hunters?????????

The only real name that chimed in..Again......Was Phil Shoemaker in Rays defenses,yet you ignore Phil and his post.Know one else with his stature has said a bad word about Ray.

Who are you?

Geez.....................

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Me, I'm not an elk hunter at all and I don't have the hots for any specific elk hunters. But the gunwriters forum is one I like to read for content, not for people carrtying a torch or crying over their beers about a personal friend who screwed himself.

Why did you think this was a question for gunwriters? Why not the elk forum, or the Hunter's Campfire?

Just let it go.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Just let it go.

I will if the rest of you will especially those that don't no a damned thing about Elk hunting.

Jayco

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Theirs alot of experienced Elk hunters on this forum and I have not seen "ONE" chime in on this post...Just the little guys.. �

Now I know � I'm a deaf-mute cretin � don't "no" a damn thing about hunting elk.

Probably because there were few real hills and no elk where I grew-up �

� exacerbated by the deleterious effects of education �

Oh, woe! What'll I ever be worth?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Theirs alot of experienced Elk hunters on this forum and I have not seen "ONE" chime in on this post...Just the little guys..

Phil Shoemaker even came to Ray's defense on deaf ears saying he really does have the knowledge and experience,yet the yuppies keep chiming in.

Have one of the 100 big time Elk hunters here chime in saying ray is full of it.......They know better as I do....

His experience will be missed by those with way more experience than those against him,hunting Elk in Idaho and Montana..

Jayco

Wow

I have a headache trying to understand that.....

Who is against Ray? I see people who said he made some very unbeleivable statements, unfortunately promoted a possible illegal hunt in Africa, and read his replies on the other website, and his replies did not leave me with the impression this guy admits any fault, even when backed against a corner with apparent proof. That skillset is not enviable, even though you seem to dismiss it.

So may I suggest you actually go see your idol, since I believe you said earlier he doesn't live that far from you. I think you did say you never met the man.

I suspect he would love to talk to you mano y mano, being his best ally here.

You are really hung up on " people with a name" and "old hunters" and trying to prove Ray is "somebody to respect". I judge a man by his words, and fail to ask his age unless his replies obviously are not correct or sensible.

I am sorry you lost your only information person for Elk hunting. I suspect, though, if you open your mind you will, as I said before, be amazed at the wealth of knowledge here... and I am not part of that skillset.

Good luck

Allen

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Once again..No experience and from back east..Not Montana or Idaho just pay for view hunts....

Try growing up in the hills just doing it....Not paying for it..

Absurd..Maybe, but why is just you little guys posting against Ray rather than the real Elk hunters?????????

The only real name that chimed in..Again......Was Phil Shoemaker in Rays defenses,yet you ignore Phil and his post.Know one else with his stature has said a bad word about Ray.

Who are you?

Geez.....................

LOL

I take back the nice tone I had

May I suggest you need to go somewhere else to fill your needs, especially since you don't seem to like the posters here. How did you get so many posts with such an attitude? Have a cold one or two, and relax.

Ray who? This seems to be all about you and your need for a replacement mentor, since you think we ran him off ( he left on his own) and he apparently is the only person to fill your needs.

Again, contact RAY, I am sure he will open his home to you......

NOT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
as for posters that have alot of elk hunting experience.....thinking Dober, Greenhorn and scenarshooter have plenty......pretty sure there are plenty of others aswell.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At the risk of repeating myself..........

I have never met Ray nor ever had PM's or e-mails with the man,let alone phone calls or anything else....

Jayco

Let me get this straight........you claim we have missed out because Ray "has so much to offer in his actual hunting experience"........then you tell us you " have never met Ray nor ever had PM's or e-mails with the man,let alone phone calls or anything else...."

Excuse me, but how would you know all about Ray's hunting experience?? I guess you believe everything you read??

Maybe you haven't read all the BS many of us have seen Ray post??

Ray is a liar, plain and simple.......you have been given MANY examples of the lies he has told yet you continue to tell us how much we are missing because he took his toys and went home.........maybe you like liars.......most of us don't.

I seem to remember you posting:

This thread has run it's course and I am not going to say anymore..If you want to wrestle with me on the net...
Jayco

Thought you were through!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jayco,

It should be abundantly obvious by now that you're not going to change anyone's opinion, nor anyone yours.

Probably best to let sleeping dogs lay as nothing worthwhile and constructive has nor will come from this thread.... aside from scantily clad blondes. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to have a thankfully very distant cousin who hadn't invented weird but was gold-medal world-class in extrapolating it.

He loved to go to funerals, quite irrespective of whether he'd ever known the late guest of honor �

� just loved to sob over dead folks.

"Good enough" isn't.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Jayco,

It should be abundantly obvious by now that you're not going to change anyone's opinion, nor anyone yours.

Probably best to let sleeping dogs lay as nothing worthwhile and constructive has nor will come from this thread.... aside from scantily clad blondes. grin

Here I am agreeing with FO,and I do........

Jayco

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Ken

Your a Wiley old critter.Last time you addressed me a year or so back,I was an Idaho poaching logger...

A golden tongue doesn't solve everything..But as you said..I have forgot it all but see..............Things...

Best of luck to you sir..

Jayco

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Ken

There is no way I can match you wit at writing and getting my thoughts on the keyboard as you can..

So e-mail me at

jaycocreek@levergunlovers.com

I will send my phone number and we can talk..Man to Man....

Rick bin did....

Jayco

Last edited by logcutter; 11/15/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The telephone is an instrument of frustration and torture for me, my friend. Especially long-distance.

Otherwise, I'd love to chat with you � by the hour, face-to-face across the fire, watching the sun go down, listening to the loons.

"Good enough" isn't.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
My dime if your interested..

Jayco

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you for posting Porch Girl. You saved me from saying something I might regret later.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
That is my pleasure Brian....she is a good bullsh!t stopper and really grabs the attention, albeit briefly.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (3333vl, 450yukon, 264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 25 invisible), 2,113 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,886
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.