Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
W
W
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
For you Mr President of Water Station,
I would like to see you put out of business.

I would like to be put out of business as well (although "business" is probably the wrong term for work for which no one gets paid). We would be happy to stop doing the work we do, as that would mean there would no longer be great numbers of people dying in the desert.

I am a lifelong progressive activist, but the founder of our organization is a libertarian Republican, an outdoorsman and hunter, and the brother of one of the most conservative men ever to serve in the U.S. Congress. As birdwatcher said, "It's only water [and] this situation is much bigger than poor folks stumbling around in the desert."

We do a simple thing -- going where there we think thirsty people will pass by and leaving water for them. But of course, it isn't always easy to do a simple thing.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What Idaho Shooter and T Lee said.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I ain't sure that many of these people have a choice as to where and when they cross (ya I know, they had the choice not to come at all).

Consider that for many, just getting across/out of Mexico is an accomplishment, so brutally can they be victimized down there. Add to that exorbitant fees paid to their coyotes... such that when they set foot on US soil, turning around and going back prob'ly just ain't a realistic option.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I ain't sure that many of these people have a choice as to where and when they cross (ya I know, they had the choice not to come at all).

Consider that for many, just getting across/out of Mexico is an accomplishment, so brutally can they be victimized down there. Add to that exorbitant fees paid to their coyotes... such that when they set foot on US soil, turning around and going back prob'ly just ain't a realistic option.

Birdwatcher

forgive me, but you make it sound like they're all entreprenuers, betting everything on a better quality of life for them and their children?

what about the interlopers who prey upon the American social system, as a goal?

are Nationalistic laws breaking down, and the Law of the Jungle is beginning to manifest?

we're pretty crowded in my corner of the world, but we could shift diets, layoff workers, and redirect entire economies. is that what is wanted, or not?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Very astute Birdwatcher; you pretty much nailed it. No fence will stop them, lack of water will not stop them, BP agents runnin' around on quads won't stop them, old men with to much time on their hands, wearing camo, peering endlessly across the border won't stop them. The only thing that will stop the invasion....is the only reason they come here; to make money to feed their families back home. Stop the reason they come, and they will stop coming here....pretty simple fix really.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
what's it going to take to provide productive jobs back home for all the Seekers of Wealth and Fame, in the USA?

why not plant trees, and pay the folks for their work, well done?

how about minimizing the risks associated with reforestation, such as overgrazing of goats and sheep?

money made in one's own backyard, and not have to migrate to the English world, to rob, steal, and deal in drugs. what a concept.

if Marijuana was legalized, would that help or hurt the overall dilemma that starving children face??

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Good idea gus...while we are at it; we could have half of them dig holes, and the other half fill them up!! I think your "idea" has real merit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the troll is back on tonight I see.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yeah; like the elkhunter that never has anything to say is....ain't the internet something!
Come on now buddy; Im contributing tonight, play nice, or you'll get wacked.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Good idea gus...while we are at it; we could have half of them dig holes, and the other half fill them up!! I think your "idea" has real merit.

yeah, yeah. grin

but, please remember, there's a third guy, the one in the middle.

one guy dig's the hole, one guy plants the tree, and the third guy fills the whole.

if the second guy is out sick that day, it's just like you suggest. paying people to dig holes, and paying others to follow along to fill the holes. Make work doesn't work oh so well.

but the Middle Guy, who places the tree in the hole, now his help and assistance is crucial. if he's out sick or didn't show up that day, the rest is bureacracy at it's finest. grin

connecting the dots, what does the pattern presented by the connected dots look like?

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ahhhh; pretty cryptic chit gus.....dots, connection,holes, trees,in,out,first guy, last guy, middlemen....whew. Lets just make it impossible for them to be employeed here in the US, and they can sort out their own mess over there, a good revolution comes to mind!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ahhhh; pretty cryptic chit gus.....dots, connection,holes, trees,in,out,first guy, last guy, middlemen....whew. Lets just make it impossible for them to be employeed here in the US, and they can sort out their own mess over there, a good revolution comes to mind!

heh, Bro., i'm more of a technology guy than anything. the more technology available, (given a constant food source and supply), the better.

South American food air-freighted in the winter, and Northern Hemisphere food available in the summer. what a concept.

let's remember, lest we forget, we are our Brothers Keeper. but, to be overrun by barbarians is not such a good idea. it's been tried in the past, and we can see what that got for all of us.

why can't we reach out and help the "migrants" to find gainful employment at home in their own villages? if it's going to be a global village, we'd be on the right track, wouldn't we?

i can easily understand both greed and fear; but, at some point we really ought to talk about the problems and challenges we face, shouldn't we??

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It's right there in front of them; ripe for the taking. Vast natural resources, abundant farm land, abundant oil reserves, all of which is nationalized at this particular time.
Im constantly scratching my head, wondering why in the hell, with education standards being what they are in this modern age, when the young of their country are going to wake up and take the reins?
We can't "give" them, anything they don't all ready have access to, they have to stand up and take it....it's called cultural revolution, and they need to have a good one to get squared away.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah; like the elkhunter that never has anything to say is....ain't the internet something!
Come on now buddy; Im contributing tonight, play nice, or you'll get wacked.

Oh I am so scared................get a life, tell you what I'll give you 25 centavos so you can buy one better than you have now...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
forgive me, but you make it sound like they're all entreprenuers, betting everything on a better quality of life for them and their children?

what about the interlopers who prey upon the American social system, as a goal?

are Nationalistic laws breaking down, and the Law of the Jungle is beginning to manifest?

we're pretty crowded in my corner of the world, but we could shift diets, layoff workers, and redirect entire economies. is that what is wanted, or not?

The fact that they voluntarily subject themselves to the appalling risks they run is evidence of their quality of life in the places where they come from.

They can come here and AMERICANS WILL HIRE THEM, by the millions. Illegals are many, persistent and hard to spot, the Americans who hire them are much easier to identify. Even mild measures in Arizona against these employers resulted in many illegals leaving the State.

I'm in disagreement with Jefe; seriously crimping the flow of illegals IS NOT impossible, or even all that difficult. Just look at how even half-measures have redirected the flow of illegal drugs and people across our Border, accounting in part for the problems Arizona has been suffering in recent decades.

2,000 miles of Border, four pairs of boots on the ground per mile = 8,000 people. Times four shifts = 32,000 people.

The Houston Independent School District alone employs that many people. The New York Police Department alone employs more than 34,000 Cops.

The whole country couldn't finance an equivalent increase in force on the Border? Likely nothing close to that would be needed to augment the Border Patrol Agents already there. Especially given the technology and force-mulitiplyers we have available today

The fact that whole US Border Patrol currently employs only about 20,000 agents (according to Wiki) to cover both Borders can only elict a big WTF given the magnitude of the threats we face.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You tight-wad:)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WaterStationPrez
[quote=ColsPaul]

I am a lifelong progressive activist,

That's very noble. Although odds are quite high I disagree with most of your political beliefs, I salute your efforts.

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I feel for them, too.
My ancestors came for the same reason and under some of the same circumstances. They traveled much further too, and on less money I'd wager.
But they came here to build. There's a difference. And they DID build. Another difference. There were no handouts and no liberals back then, but they survived.

In other words, my pity only goes so far. The people of Mexico could have long ago emulated the American spirit. For crying out loud we were right next door.... with them looking on the whole time....
End of pity party.

Originally Posted by lame brained wetback
No fence will stop them, lack of water will not stop them, BP agents runnin' around on quads won't stop them, old men with to much time on their hands, wearing camo, peering endlessly across the border won't stop them.

You're full of beans. Any idiot can build a fence to keep any critter, including the human kind, in or out. A few might seep through the cracks but not enough to worry about and certainly not 30 to 40 million.

Originally Posted by full of beans wetback
The only thing that will stop the invasion....is the only reason they come here; to make money to feed their families back home

See above.
If people wanted change in their lives they would take the necessary steps. It's been done before and it'll be done again. Will the Mexican people do it? I dunno. Can they? Well, of course they can. They, as we, outnumber the dipsh!t government and the dipsh!t criminal element many dozens to one. Watch, I'll prove it. America is being taken back from the dipshits as we speak. They may have to go about it differently but the Mexican people are no less capable. It all boils down to human spirit. Muster some up and see what you got. What have you (they/we/etc) got to loose?

Can't remember where this quote comes from but it applies.
"Get busy living or get busy dying."

Last edited by Archerhunter; 11/20/10. Reason: outsmart the dipsh!t censor program

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
See below....it was above, but you didn't read it:)

It's right there in front of them; ripe for the taking. Vast natural resources, abundant farm land, abundant oil reserves, all of which is nationalized at this particular time.
Im constantly scratching my head, wondering why in the hell, with education standards being what they are in this modern age, when the young of their country are going to wake up and take the reins?
We can't "give" them, anything they don't all ready have access to, they have to stand up and take it....it's called cultural revolution, and they need to have a good one to get squared away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See below....it was above, but you didn't read it:)

Who are you and what have you done with JefeMohado?

smile

Now you're talking sense.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If only we'd a had folks like H2Oprez during the Potato famine....there'd be a bridge from Ireland to Boston....with Soda bread and Banger carts alongst the way.

My GGG Grandma wouldn't of had to die during child birth on the boat crossing.

I oughta' be seekin' reparations............

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 47 invisible), 3,420 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,573
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.