Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
You've got to realize, my Dad died in a bar fight when I was 3. My Mom was 45 when I was born and her aging family took care of my Brother and me. They bought our food, clothes, paid our bills, and sent both of us to college, and me to grad school. My aunt with all the gas, moved in with us after my Dad died and lived with us until I went away to college. I've taken them out to eat every Saturday night since I got my driver's license and taken care of their cars, lawns, houses... Now they're old (real old) and have more needs. There were 11 of them. Now there's 5 and I've got them all in the same house so it's not bad. I do what I do because it's a Son's responsibility and they all have done a lot for me. I still like to make light of it though. It seems less arduous.

Case in point. Two of them are always cold, and sleep all day. I bought them both bright sweaters from Peru with all the sequins and bead work for Christmas complete with the little hats with the ear flaps. They're old and have dementia and don't really do much other than sit there, so I brighten them up a little bit. The nurses come to draw their blood and give them long stares! I love stuff like that.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Like I said God bless you for what you are doing!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rob p
You've got to realize, my Dad died in a bar fight when I was 3. My Mom was 45 when I was born and her aging family took care of my Brother and me. They bought our food, clothes, paid our bills, and sent both of us to college, and me to grad school. My aunt with all the gas, moved in with us after my Dad died and lived with us until I went away to college. I've taken them out to eat every Saturday night since I got my driver's license and taken care of their cars, lawns, houses... Now they're old (real old) and have more needs. There were 11 of them. Now there's 5 and I've got them all in the same house so it's not bad. I do what I do because it's a Son's responsibility and they all have done a lot for me. I still like to make light of it though. It seems less arduous.

Case in point. Two of them are always cold, and sleep all day. I bought them both bright sweaters from Peru with all the sequins and bead work for Christmas complete with the little hats with the ear flaps. They're old and have dementia and don't really do much other than sit there, so I brighten them up a little bit. The nurses come to draw their blood and give them long stares! I love stuff like that.

not many MEN would take on what you do man ,i doubt that i could blessings on you.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
God will bless you for doing the hard stuff. I took care of my in - laws (who were absolutely wonderful people) for 3 years, through dementia and physical decline, and it is a difficult, though rewarding endeavor. My wife's aunt (who was never married)also needed some help due to dementia and finances. She was alone, and living on cat food when we moved her to our house. Though odd, she was frugal with her own needs, and generous with others, What goes around, comes around.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Stop it! laugh my ribs and stomach muscles can't take any more! laugh

You got stomach muscles? smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if our trails ever cross Rob the beer is on me (I mean I'll pay for it, don't want you to hurl it on me if I pass a lil gas)

kudos to you man

no one ever said doing the right thing would be the easy thing

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rob, yer one helluva a guy!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
rob,

God bless you for taking care of your family! He blessed you with them to take care of you when you needed it, and you are blessing them with your care.

You have my deepest respect! And you can laugh about it!

I'd like to shake your hand someday.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I missed this the first time around but wanted to give it a BTT because it made me laugh so hard I had tears poppin' outta my eyes like 9mm cases out of a Glock.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not sure Rob P, but I think you can see some of those things.

Sort of a shimmering haze that just hangs in the air, sick!

3-D glasses might help to see them better, wink. Would give one the possibility of an end run around it, when vacating the area.

IC B3

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
if our trails ever cross Rob the beer is on me (I mean I'll pay for it, don't want you to hurl it on me if I pass a lil gas)

kudos to you man

no one ever said doing the right thing would be the easy thing

Yeah, that.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LongRanger280
I married the most beautiful woman...and she is a real true lady...first class all the way. She's been great to me for 31 years of wedded bliss.

But man, can she ever fog the windows with green smudge sometimes.

I have concluded that the more gorgeous a woman is...the more rotten their emissions are.

I just put up with it,out of love.

About a year in to our life togeather, we were ling in bed watching the weather channel she had dozed off and let one go that woke her up she looks over at me and say that was rude you need to go to the other room, to this day she still denies blaiming me fore her noxious emission.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I knew guys when I was in the USArmy that could release
the worst gas when in formation of a PT run. About knock
you down.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Jericho
I knew guys when I was in the USArmy that could release
the worst gas when in formation of a PT run. About knock
you down.

Running formation behind the guy who spent the night before choking down kimchee and beer was pretty rough.........

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Oh yeah, I spent a year in the ROK.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good Man !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
My brother in law would complain about some ofthe accidents his Father in Law had in his later years. One day I told him if he is lucky enough to live long enough he may have some of the same problems. I agree with all who have complimented anyone who takes the time and has the expense of careing for them. My Mom would say take csre of your parents and family and God will bless you. She lived by that and got to be 94. My two cents. Kotzy

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (1minute, 7mm_Loco, 673, 1_deuce, 29aholic, 22 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,088
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.