-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 38 of 54 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 53 54
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wasn't pondering a pending build,but was musing an existing,that would be easy to feed.

Brown one in the middle of the pack.................

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lil Fish you truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

Your fanboys have to looking at your choice of shooting iron and just start crying.

A 12lb sniperwannabe rig with a 10x optic shooting HPBT bullets. Why not a Rem Ti in 223AI with the old trusty straight 6X and AMAXs?

I wonder when the fanboys will start to ask �Hey, how many animals has Lil Fish actually taken at long range or is he just running his mouth with absolutely no actual field experience?�

I already know the answer. laugh laugh

VAnimrod,

Would an unbiased review of my system by a campfire member make you happy?

That might have already happened. smile

I won�t drag him into my little pizzing match here but it won�t be too hard to find the thread.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../4500646/Had_Lotsa_Fun_Today#Post4500646

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've schitt on loan constantly,but shipping ammo is a bitch due to locale/logistics.

I'm thinking S/S 700 s/a 308Winny,wearing a Mike Rock #6 contoured 23 inch 1-11.25 5R spout,chambered M852. A5 stocked,dab lug bedded,Badger M4 bottom,Badger 20MOA Rail,Badger Standards and a Mk4 M1 10x Duplex.

Reckon I prolly dote on 155 Scenars,but it don't hardly give a schitt whatcha throw down it's throat.

But it ain't like someone else is gonna do sumptin' to a rifle,that I haven't.....................

That sounds like a winner. You ever fast twisted and throated a 308 real long to shoot the 208s while still having some case capacity? I was pretty amazed how fast a 308 will push em when you throat em thusly. No real world application but I have a windy day FTR f-class rifle that will send em pretty well. I can't post numbers or the pressure police will bust me. It is just a way to cheat without cheating, but is pretty fun to play with. I like tinkering with em a bit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

John, I am sure your rifle is good, probably as good as most out there. And I am pretty sure your system works great, with limitations. I just cannot fathom the cost, but am sure there are guys out there happy and satisfied shooting them. I doubt that anyone is going to be satisfied with an independant review, unless that review can show about 2 grand worth of "better than the next guys." I do not have a thing against capitalism, you have picked your target market and I hope it works out for ya. But as someone stated," those that know, know better."

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Your fanboys have to looking at your choice of shooting iron and just start crying.

A 12lb sniperwannabe rig with a 10x optic shooting HPBT bullets. Why not a Rem Ti in 223AI with the old trusty straight 6X and AMAXs?

I wonder when the fanboys will start to ask �Hey, how many animals has Lil Fish actually taken at long range or is he just running his mouth with absolutely no actual field experience?�

VAnimrod,

I won�t drag him into my little pizzing match here but it won�t be too hard to find the thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'bout the only thing your thread posting did was show that 'Stick is really quite capable of holding a civil conversation .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Dude...stupid just doesn't do justice to that little pearl.

Do yourself a favor & continue to count the counter...

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

VAnimrod,

Far from "unbiased", when you were there coaching and as he admits, he had no point of reference.

You have a qualified shooter, with credentials and experience, with an offer on the table to run yours and anyone else's by himself and with other qualified shooters doing the same... no influence from the owner/maker.

THAT, is an unbiased review.

What say you to that offer?

BTW - good to see you "not drag" someone into this, by directly linking their comments to this.

As for the PM you sent last night, yeah, I was easily wrong then and don't mind admitting it.

You're continuing to prove a ton of points, though not exactly the ones that you think you're proving.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
shades of arguing with Lee24 here.

Send me the fuggin rifle, and halt this thread for a month.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A .242 BC at the 515yd line,do tax wind reading. In fairness,I missed the call on a sub .3MOA width target,by about 1/3 of a MPH.

Such things connect alotta dots,to the astute..................(grin)

Oh come on! Everyone knows that missing an egg by an inch or so, at 515yrds from a pack rest, in the wind.... is complete "faildozer"
grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
We are in total agreement here. I am saying that my scopes and rifles are best understood by those that value performance.

Hey Burns,
I posed this question awhile back in the custom rifles forum, but must have missed it.
If you rifles/set-ups are the t!ts as they stand now, best there is as you have said... Then why are you having McMillan get set up to start molding you stocks?
Just a question.

Again since John Burns seems to keep missing this when I ask.
Simple question right?

And again since you still somehow keep missing my question.
I think is the 4th or 5th time I have asked you this.
It wouldn't be because you compromised using a lesser component when initially setting up to "build" your rifles would it?...
I mean after all they the best out there, top of the heap, best schitt running as you have said right?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

VAnimrod,

I'm more than a bunch gifted in many areas and that's hardly secreted.

Most my stuff is non-SAAMI chambered and most don't have those dies setting atop their shelves and I figure if one is weighing all attributes and logistics/locale precludes my sending ammo along,that the lowly 308Win is a fair shake...even though I hate 'em. I never was into Safe Queens,so have zero qualm sourcing componetry of repute,that'll take abuse happily. I've long weighed zero retention and an innate ability to fend inclement weather,as more than a whole bunch important. I savvy that them things is Greek to you.

It is well beyond obvious,that you are a whole bunch more than a whole lot stupid,but I find it curious someone so "in the know" as you and who uses 700 receivers herself,isn't of the 1st Grade tutelage to know that Big Green never pumped .378" Ti's...though I'd assuredly have some,if they did. It'd wear a 6x42 and certainly squirt 75A-Max to boot.

In fairness...I can pull sumptin' outta the larder,to make any weight................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well, there goes the whole "aluminum bedding block" heat dissipation/mitigation theory...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EddyBo
I've schitt on loan constantly,but shipping ammo is a bitch due to locale/logistics.

I'm thinking S/S 700 s/a 308Winny,wearing a Mike Rock #6 contoured 23 inch 1-11.25 5R spout,chambered M852. A5 stocked,dab lug bedded,Badger M4 bottom,Badger 20MOA Rail,Badger Standards and a Mk4 M1 10x Duplex.

Reckon I prolly dote on 155 Scenars,but it don't hardly give a schitt whatcha throw down it's throat.

But it ain't like someone else is gonna do sumptin' to a rifle,that I haven't.....................

That sounds like a winner. You ever fast twisted and throated a 308 real long to shoot the 208s while still having some case capacity? I was pretty amazed how fast a 308 will push em when you throat em thusly. No real world application but I have a windy day FTR f-class rifle that will send em pretty well. I can't post numbers or the pressure police will bust me. It is just a way to cheat without cheating, but is pretty fun to play with. I like tinkering with em a bit.

Noone hates 308's more than me.(grin)

I cheat ala 7-08....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Time for Burns to either put up or shut up, though i'm guessing he will do neither.........

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Time for Burns to either put up or shut up, though i'm guessing he will do neither.........

I am sure beginning to wonder about the guy.
I can't see how such antics help sell, let alone prove the 'superiority' of his wares?
???

Last edited by 340boy; 12/16/10.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yea but that 7/08 wont work in FTR neither will the 223AI only straight 308 or 223 mad I have been considering a 7/08 for f-class open but can find no advantage over the 6x47 or .284 other than my affinity. I peddled my last 7/08 off but am going to get in the shop and crank a lite weight version very soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The big chitty just keeps on rolling.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Burns should just go down to RiflesOnly and shoot some longrange with Frankie and the boys. All bullshit jacking aside its obvious the he can shoot decent enough but his concoction of a �rifle� would be lagging like a one legged man at an ass kicking contest by the end of day 1.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by twisted8
Burns should just go down to RiflesOnly and shoot some longrange with Frankie and the boys. All bullshit jacking aside its obvious the he can shoot decent enough but his concoction of a �rifle� would be lagging like a one legged man at an ass kicking contest by the end of day 1.

I think he abandoned LRH with less abuse. His sticktuitiveness here has impressed me, although maybe he should have cut his losses earlier. I mean what does he have to win versus what does he have to lose even if he gets what he wants, which I assume is a shooting match with big Stick.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Yea but that 7/08 wont work in FTR neither will the 223AI only straight 308 or 223 mad I have been considering a 7/08 for f-class open but can find no advantage over the 6x47 or .284 other than my affinity. I peddled my last 7/08 off but am going to get in the shop and crank a lite weight version very soon.

I'd be the last guy to slight a 3" COAL 284Win tossing 162's...............

Page 38 of 54 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,571
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.