-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Facts is far more soothing..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
HBB;

Why are you even bothering to ask questions, since you've already made up your mind about what, why, and how, before you started?

Just curious too see if anybody else had experiences with a similar rifle.

What if everyone who had experience with a 22" 7mmRM recommended against it?

Would you then change your mind?

Possibly

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by GF1
Read fine, think fine, dumb idea. Knock yourself out, my bet is you've not shot one like it.

Maybe he hasn't, but I have. There is really no difference in blast or kick. Velocity is 100fps or less below the velocities listed in the reloading manuals.

The questions is, have you shot a 21 or 22" 7RM?

I doubt he has ever shot a 7 Mag of any flavor but I bet he read about it in Field & Stream wink

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It'd be akin to everyone who's been laid saying "you'll not like it",which reiterates the reason to consider the source(s).

I'm hip on getting laid and a 22" 7Remmie...in no particular order....................(grin)

grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just send it up here. I'll treat her right with a diet of 162s and a proper handle wink

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Can't believe I read this whole thread. I've had a 24" 7mm RM for the last 40 years shoots great, its my hot rod, would never do anything to it to lower its performance envelope... Cut my barrel length down ? Never happen,not while own it. Can't carry the weight of the extra 4" of barrel? Don't bother to start up the ridge with anything, maybe you can find a lighter weight keyboard to use also. Yeah, all BS aside HBB its your gun . But think on this, if a 22" 7mm RM is such a great idea why don't they make them that way from the factory? Can't really remember anybody sending them out to the public with a 22" tube, why is that do you suppose? Like I said it's your gun. Magnum_Man

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Just send it up here. I'll treat her right with a diet of 162s and a proper handle wink

Quit coveting my 7Mag your 7x57 is going to get jealous grin

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
While a short barreled 7mm Mag is no .264 WM, in a pinch you can still find your way home at night by touching off a round every 1/4 mile or so.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
While a short barreled 7mm Mag is no .264 WM, in a pinch you can still find your way home at night by touching off a round every 1/4 mile or so.

<laughing>

Like calling for your own illumination flares...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

<laughing>

Like calling for your own illumination flares...

Just load a little powdered magnesium in the cases along with the powder. Home made Starburst shells grin

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have (3) 7mmRM rifles with 26" barrels and (1) 7mmRM with a 23.375" barrel.

I have shot (8) deer with a 22" 270.

If shorter barrels are lighter and more accurate, but longer barrels have more velocity, I would take shorter. Still, I have never cut length off a barrel yet to make it shorter and more accurate. Enough get short cutting off shot out throats or the wrong chamber or the wrong threads.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
But think on this, if a 22" 7mm RM is such a great idea why don't they make them that way from the factory? Can't really remember anybody sending them out to the public with a 22" tube, why is that do you suppose? Like I said it's your gun. Magnum_Man

i'm pretty sure the Winchester FeatherWeight was made in 7mm RM with 22" bbl...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toad
But think on this, if a 22" 7mm RM is such a great idea why don't they make them that way from the factory? Can't really remember anybody sending them out to the public with a 22" tube, why is that do you suppose? Like I said it's your gun. Magnum_Man

They did and also offered it in .300 Winchester.

I briefly owned one in .300 and like a big dummy traded it off.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Husqvarna also made a factory 21.5" 7RM. When I was younger I thought that they had made a mistake, and wished that it had been produced with a longer barrel. Now I value the rifle for it's handling and balance, with minimal velocity loss, and it turns out that Husqvarna knew what they were doing, after all wink

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Huskies are GREAT Rifles.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by GF1
Read fine, think fine, dumb idea. Knock yourself out, my bet is you've not shot one like it.

Maybe he hasn't, but I have. There is really no difference in blast or kick. Velocity is 100fps or less below the velocities listed in the reloading manuals.

The questions is, have you shot a 21 or 22" 7RM?

Sure did, a .280 w/ same barrel length was only slightly slower. Blast was big too...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A 7mmremmag with a 22" barrel would be a total waste.I don't see the point in putting up with all the noise and muzzle blast for 280 velocities.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Originally Posted by toad

More impressively, the made the fwt in .264 with a 22" barrel as well.

They did and also offered it in .300 Winchester.

I briefly owned one in .300 and like a big dummy traded it off.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wanted to build my Sons 7 Mag at 22" but he insisted on 24"
My stainless/Synthetic 338 is 22" and just about perfect for me.
I don't get all the complaints about muzzle blast. I can't tell any difference between my 22" and my Ruger 26"

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks

I don't get all the complaints about muzzle blast. I can't tell any difference between my 22" and my Ruger 26"

This is one thing that has really puzzled me about some of the comments. As far as my ears can tell all centerfire rifles are loud.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 46 invisible), 2,120 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,247
Posts18,504,646
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.