Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Looks like a very nice .22. Wish it came with a synthetic stock, but I might still get one. Just wondering opinions from people that own them. Will it shoot as accurate as my NULA?

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
it a annie 64 action in a weatherby style stock had one all i ahve seen have been very good looking the trigger can be adjust to ok levels (a nice 2 lbs is doable) but accuraccy for me was abit short hate to say it but the cz's i have would out shoot it i hated that i really wanted to shoot it for my hunter class gun for nra silhoutte

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I like mine a lot.
Very good accuracy and functions perfect.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fit and accuracy are decent (should be better on a rifle of this price). Function leaves some to be desired. Not all eject spent casings reliably. Do a search over @ RFC. But there is a remedy someone has come up with for the ejection issues. I need to work on mine. Even though accuracy isn't GREAT ... it is very good though. I use mine to replicate my hunting & varmint rifles. so I shoot it a bit offhand and field positions ... Good Lord knows I need the practice.

here with my 7-08 & 22-250AI

[Linked Image]

Last edited by avagadro; 03/14/11.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
They are finished well. They have a trim petite feel to them and (mine) shoot to boot. As for ammo, mine will shoot the cheap stuff up there with the target stuff. Worth every nickel.

Joseph

Joseph
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by avagadro
Do a search over @ RFC.

After doing my search on RFC, I have decided to buy something else instead. Accuracy does not appear to be great in these rifles. Thanks

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Actually, the accuracy is just fine.

The thing is- Weatherby builds the stocks with a bedding pad at the tip,which is not how Anschutz beds their m64 based sporters. Some guns shoot better with that pad relieved.

No big deal to tweek it. Same as with any Centerfire rifle.

I would not put too much stock in the crap the dingbats at Rimfire central post about much of anything.

Pretty much a collection of nitwits that can barely figure out which end the bullet shoots out of.

Last edited by jim62; 03/15/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine will shoot in the .4's with std vel cci. Accuracy is decent, a lot of the issues stem from quite a few rifles not the reliably eject spent casings from the receiver. Its not just a XXII issue, but there is also a bit written on this Anschutz action also.

This has been covered at WeathbyNation also. Brad from Weatherby offered to buy the rifle back ... whilst not high on my list I do need to get the ejection issues resloved.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a Weatherby MK XX11 that I'm happy with.

It shoots CCI sub sonic HP's into 1/4 to 3/8" at 30 yards.

Good enough for close range "Varmits" in my bird feeders!

I like my Cooper 17 HMR better, but it's a whole different gun, with other uses.

Virgil B.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't own a Weatherby, but do have an Anschutz. Very accurate out of the box with the right ammo. Like all rifles, it has its favorite brands of cartridges. If lost, I would replace it.

1Minute
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jim62

The thing is- Weatherby builds the stocks with a bedding pad at the tip,which is not how Anschutz beds their m64 based sporters. Some guns shoot better with that pad relieved.

I would not put too much stock in the crap the dingbats at Rimfire central post about much of anything.

Pretty much a collection of nitwits that can barely figure out which end the bullet shoots out of.

please grace us with your expertice on rimfires what should this annie 64 remake should shoot like?? and what are all those rimfire bench shooters missing out on not having you knowalege on rimfire central ?? i am thinking you have not ever owned one confused

Last edited by ldholton; 03/15/11.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ldholton

please grace us with your expertice on rimfires what should this annie 64 remake should shoot like?? and what are all those rimfire bench shooters missing out on not having you knowalege on rimfire central ?? i am thinking you have not ever owned one confused

Well,my post is pretty much self explanatory to anyone who has any broad based rifle experience.

But your first problem, is to expect an $850 6.5LB factory SPORTER to shoot like a Benchrest rifle.

Right off the bat, your comment tells me you have your head WAY up your dumb ass.

As I said, not every individual barrel likes pressure points at the tip of the forend(hint). Not every gun is accurate with just any brand of ammo(big hint). Some rifles really respond to having their actions perfectly glass bedded, certain action screw torque pressure etc.(more hints).

That goes for anything from a $200 Marlin 880 to a $1,500+ Annie 1720..

Folks who refuse to believe rifles are pretty much unique individuals in terms of accuracy from gun to gun would rather whine and pout to others on 'net forums rather than deal in reality.

Which is why you don't see me basing rifle buying decisions on what the losers on RimfireCentral think.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Well,my post is pretty much self explanatory to anyone who has any broad based rifle experince.

But your first problem, is to expect a 6.5LB factory SPORTER to shoot like a Benchrest rifle.

Right off the bat, your comment tells me you have your head WAY up your ass.

As I said, not every individual barrel likes pressure points at the tip of the forend(hint). Not every gun is accurate with just any brand of ammo(big hint).

I am sure that folks like yourself who refuse to believe rifles are pretty much unique individuals in terms of accuracy from gun to gun would rather whine and pout to others on 'net forums like Rimfire central...

Which is why you don't see me basing Rifle buying decisions on what the losers on RimfireCentral think.
folks like me? you dont even know me but i guess a lot of those bench rest shooters are dumb as me too ?? you never said what a rifle such as this should shoot i do know mine did not shoot as good as either of my cz's with about 20 diff. types of ammo tested but yes i am very picky my normal hunter gun is not benchrest but hunter class silhoutte ......40x schilen barrel jewel trigger (2 lbs) very light woodstock pillered & bedded 6-18 leupold (for squirrel class reasons ) and weight resoans so yes i expect my .22 to preform if that makes me a dumbass so be it but the cz's i have got get much closer to the level of accurcy i like than did the weatherby!! dont get me wrong i aint knocking weatherby i carry one alot for deer (an ultralite .308) oh yea by the way i am just a dumbass master class nra silhoutte shooter but you dont even know what that is do you ??

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Well,my post is pretty much self explanatory to anyone who has any broad based rifle experince.

But your first problem, is to expect a 6.5LB factory SPORTER to shoot like a Benchrest rifle.

Right off the bat, your comment tells me you have your head WAY up your ass.

As I said, not every individual barrel likes pressure points at the tip of the forend(hint). Not every gun is accurate with just any brand of ammo(big hint).

I am sure that folks like yourself who refuse to believe rifles are pretty much unique individuals in terms of accuracy from gun to gun would rather whine and pout to others on 'net forums like Rimfire central...

Which is why you don't see me basing Rifle buying decisions on what the losers on RimfireCentral think.
folks like me? you dont even know me but i guess a lot of those bench rest shooters are dumb as me too ?? you never said what a rifle such as this should shoot i do know mine did not shoot as good as either of my cz's with about 20 diff. types of ammo tested but yes i am very picky my normal hunter gun is not benchrest but hunter class silhoutte ......40x schilen barrel jewel trigger (2 lbs) very light woodstock pillered & bedded 6-18 leupold (for squirrel class reasons ) and weight resoans so yes i expect my .22 to preform if that makes me a dumbass so be it but the cz's i have got get much closer to the level of accurcy i like than did the weatherby!! dont get me wrong i aint knocking weatherby i carry one alot for deer (an ultralite .308) oh yea by the way i am just a dumbass master class nra silhoutte shooter but you dont even know what that is do you ??

If you are so stupid that you could not sort out one of the Weatherby XXII rifles, I sincerely doubt you are "master class" in anything but internet bullschit.

And, if you had shot enough m64 Anschutz sporters in your life(or even 54 Annie sporters) the fact that your individual CZ m452 outshot the Annie barreled action in the Weatherby would not shock you.

Like I said, anyone who expects an untuned factory Sporter weight rifle to shoot like a BR gun is complete idiot anyway.

And BTW- Rimfire central is NOT populated by "champion" rifle shots- In ANY discipline. Those folks pretty much left that silly schithole 5+ years ago. All that are left are posers and mod hawkers to prey on idiots like you who cannot sort out the accuracy on a simple .22 Sporter. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
LoL you are truly a [bleep] dumbass tried to give you the doudt you blew it do you even know what nra silhoutte is ? i am a longggggggggg way over 5 even got grandkids gring close to 5 yes have shot both annie 64's and 54's shot a 1422 for along time for a hunter class gun but i dought if you even know what that means so get off your internet ass ang go find a silhoutte match and try it you [bleep] mean man you go impress some one with your skill at shooting instead of typing mad

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dummy.

I ranked NRA Master Class in BPCR Silhouette years ago. Also won my division at the Nationals twice.

Much tougher game than playing with 22 rifles out to 100 yards.

Too much recoil, and too much shooting and handloading skill is required for the smokeless weenies to hang.

Kathy Winstead gave up after a few matches.

As to your Weatherby- I know this is hard for you to understand, but they actually SERVICE the rifles they sell!

Call their CS number and cry on their shoulder. I bet they would even send you a replacement gun if yours truly will not shoot under 1/2 at 50 yards for five shots with SOMETHING..

http://www.weatherby.com/company/contactus

To all gunmaker critics-
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
well if you know cathy you know she lives very close to me and no weatherby dont service that .22 they send it to anchuze never shot BP before but do shoot the HP silhoutte game ant thing eles yopu wopul like to inform me of ? i do need to go to bed bed with the wife and not my stuffed bunny like you

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
and oh yea cathy is widstead-serving and got a baby about a year old now . and for the record she dont really like shooting HP either aint the recoil just a like to do thing!! next i bet you are better than her ?????

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Have fun with your wife ID.

Tell her I said she is a brave woman to live with a whiner like yourself.

I bet she has to change the oil in YOUR vehicle.

To all gunmaker critics-
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
nope but she will out shot your sorry ass MF yea if you knew it is not yrds it is meters

Last edited by ldholton; 03/15/11.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,349 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,081
Posts18,521,825
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.