Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
And NEVER hit a guy who is down.

What's with the Marquess of Queensberry rules? This isn't a sporting event.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1096here
Do the right thing and fight fair and for the right reason.

Fighting under the presumption of "fairness" damn near got me killed as a child and physically damaged me for life. I have to take around $2000 a month in meds because of it.

Protect yourself at all times, while being as aggressive as possible. If you knock the guy down, jump on top of him and keep wailing on him until he goes out or someone pulls you off him. If you want to put the boots to him instead, that's fine too. If he knocks you down, you better get back on your feet ASAP or he's going to do the same to you.

If you don't fight like it's life and death, you're going to get hurt and hurt bad. Take that from someone who learned the hard way.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
First of, kudos to your boy for asking permission....

Second, let him unload on the bully. Will be good and teach then both valuable life lessons!!

Edited to add:
I am not a fighter, I have been punched once (laughed at the guy who punched me) and I have thrown one punch (shattered his nose).

My dad always knew if I was to thrown down, there was a good reason for it. He only taught me one rule, and I will always follow this and pass it on.... He said if I'm ever in a fight, I keep throwing blows until I can no longer throw, or the dude is out cold, or until someone pulls me off. He told me 'last thing you want is to leave someone half conscious so they can get up with a weapon and return the favor!"

Last edited by firstcoueswas80; 05/19/11.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Give me 15 bucks and a Dr Pepper I can have that kid gone.

gringringrin

I don't know why, but this really cracked me up. Hey bud. Not just a Dr. Pepper. It has to be a Dublin Dr. Pepper. This needs to be done properly. grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
X2 on the Dublin D.P. - I'm pretty sure it only comes in bottles. We always fought under the bridge away from school, everybody knew that.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by xverminator
Originally Posted by okok
Tell your Kid to pound him off school property. smile

The boys have another baseball game Friday night. I thought about confronting bully dad and bully son after the game. With Tyler in tow..... ask bully dad if he wants to take the boys around back and let them fight 'till somebody quits.

I don't think bully dad would go for it though, and I'd probably just end up getting thrown in jail.....Still thinking about it 'cause the dad needs punched out anyway just for raising such a turd!

X-VERMINATOR
I think that's a great idea. Or ask them to come to meet on remote neutral territory to settle it.

I dealt with bullies wherever it happened after I found that was best in 4th grade. That was in the 60's and times have unfortunately changed, but the need to resolve this kind of thing has not.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't like it. That's going to turn into some halfway "boxing match" with rules.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Totally agree WB....

If you go in half ass, you'll come out with half of one left.

Tell your son that you don't condone fighting, but to defend yourself at all costs. I drill that into my boys all the time.

Life is too short to squabble - mend the past, live today, and dream of tomorrow
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tell him to hit first,hit hard and first punch to the nose, his eyes will water and then kick the chitt out of the punk.

[Linked Image]
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Give me 15 bucks and a Dr Pepper I can have that kid gone.

gringringrin

grin

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Make sure the fight is out of camera sight and no witnesses. Kid must have fallen down while bike riding.

Last edited by DayPacker; 05/19/11.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Do not make contact with the other parent to let the boys settle it, it could be used against you in Child in need of Protective Services (CHIPS) case for endangerment or abuse. Watch what you say pre and post incident if it ever develops especially between yourself and the school staff, medical personnel, etc. as they are mandated reporters.

I have seen it happen.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

The boys have another baseball game Friday night. I thought about confronting bully dad and bully son after the game. With Tyler in tow..... ask bully dad if he wants to take the boys around back and let them fight 'till somebody quits.

I don't think bully dad would go for it though, and I'd probably just end up getting thrown in jail.....Still thinking about it 'cause the dad needs punched out anyway just for raising such a turd!

X-VERMINATOR

Bad idea.

Boys will be boys and will settle it out one way or another. Either your boy gets his ass whooped or he whoops some himself.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mathman
And NEVER hit a guy who is down.

What's with the Marquess of Queensberry rules? This isn't a sporting event.

I'm gettin' too old for that crap. When they go down, they're gettin' 250# of ragin' russian right on top.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It's easier to step on things like hands, collarbones and such that it is to wait for them to get up so you can try to knock them down again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone

X-VERMINATOR

Bad idea.
Yeah, I don't see that ending well.
I have an 8 year old that will enter public school (third grade) for the first time next year. He's about the least aggressive kid in the world (and slightly built) and I absolutely dread the thought of him having to deal with a bully!
I only got suspended once in school and it was for a fight. 3 days. Since I followed the 'don't start it but finish it' rule my father also taught me, it was no problem at home. ONE teacher (he didn't care for the fact I beat up his football player I guess) who was also a coach didn't let me make up a missed test (he was a coach and Algebra teacher). That actually hurt.
I've told my son the same thing about never start it but make sure you end it. He just doesn't get it (why you'd EVER have to fight under ANY circumstances) but he is just 8. I pray he doesn't have to find out the hard way. frown
Good luck to the OP's son!

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The dad will cost five more dollars and a Pepsi. But no one could find them.

grin

Nah, if someone was fronting([bleep] with, I am learning street talk) my son, I would buy two pairs of UFC gloves and have them duke it out. Winner is the one that stays in the longest.
damn, wish i knew that trick

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 1096here
I was lucky to have a dad who was 6'4 and weighed 280 pounds. Pure muscle and a face that would stop anyone from challenging him. Plus he was a police officer-retired as a lietenant. He had one talk with my about fighting after I had a squabble in grade school. He told me to never start a fight, always walk away when possible. If the other guy throws a punch, hit back and finish the fight as quick as possible. And NEVER hit a guy who is down. I followed these rules throughout the rest of my life. Got called chicken for walking away but mostly talked the other person into seeing reason.
I only had one incident as an adult. My sister, who lived four houses away, had an abusive boy friend who hated my niece because she stood up to him and let him know what she thought of him.
One night my nephew came up to the house to tell me that this jerk was beating up my niece (who was probably 12 or so). I called the cops. They arrested him and hauled his butt to jail. My sister followed the cop car and bailed him out. She chewed my niece out for upsetting the jerk.
A few nights later same thing happened. I told my nephew to wait ten minutes and then call the cops. I went down to the house and there was the jerk on the front porch kicking my niece with his cowboy boots. I did a little attitude correction right then and there. Never saw a guy get on a motorcycle and take off so fast in my life. When the cops got there I explained what happened. They knew this jerk -he had a looooong history of beating women-and basically laughed about what happened,
Dude never came back to my sister's house. Went looking for easier pickins I suppose.
I still smile when I think about what I did. Could have been in trouble but would have been worth it.
Sorry for the long personal story but I have a point. Do the right thing and fight fair and for the right reason.
any guy kicking a 12 yr old girl wouldnt go any where but morgue by gun or club i figure. i woulda thought he was murdering her.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I was a small kid and got picked on quite a bit. I was in about 1st grade and I made it pretty clear at that point if you were going to pick on me, you're going to get a bloody nose or a busted lip.

Happened every time I changed schools, moving or changing grades...whatever.

Sometimes I won, sometimes I lost but it was clear that I wasn't going to take the bullying.

In Jr. High a kid was a year ahead of me was doing the bully deal, and I whooped him pretty good and busted his arm. His buddies were always trying to get me to fight them, but none of them would throw a punch so nothing ever came of it.

In high school they thought they could try it again. Had a little pushing and shoving one day after lunch that got broke up by teachers. They next day a couple of them did it again and I came totally unglued on the both of them. I mean, I issued an ass whipping right there in the hallway that neither of them will ever forget I'm sure. I was banging heads on lockers, throwing elbows, knees, hit one with a back pack full of books. Girls were screaming, teachers were yelling...it was a grand old time.

Point is, none of them ever said another word to me...EVER. Nuttin. So I guess it worked. I did get a few days at home for that one though.

Last edited by tzone; 05/19/11.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
i just hope you taught your son how to wupazz

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 2500HD, 34 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,614
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.