-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Same with the P11 and I have tried a bit of everything 9mm in it.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T LEE
Same with the P11 and I have tried a bit of everything 9mm in it.
I've been wanting to try a Seecamp for quite some time now, but the only one I've seen was a 25 auto up in Kansas City, Kansas at a gunshow. With the .25 being the exact same size as the .32 and .380, it is hard to go with that caliber. Hard to go with anything but a .380 in that case. The .380's seem to be significantly higher though.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Has anyone tried the Kimber Solo?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had and P11 and P32 since the 90's, but now I carry a PF9 or P3AT.

I can tell you anything you want to know about overloading those 4 pistols for more power.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Just got back from gun show yesterday (Sat). I looked hard at the P11 and there were only a few around...probably 4 or 5. I also saw the KT P9 and it was quite small as I wanted to get something that my wife could shoot and get the hang of semis.

Then I came upon Ruger LC9...and it felt alot better in my hand. Not sure why that is but probably because the KT P11 had rough marks on the slides or at least looked like it is going to be hard to work the slide.

Overall I liked them both but did not buy any mini 9's as I wanted to see what the Ruger LC9 reviews and found out it looked like many folks like them. I looked at the manual and found the LC9 cannot handle the P+ loads on a consistent basis. But this is okay with me as having a 9 is better than having a .380 or worse...no pistol on me. Definitely the LC9 was slimmer and light and felt like it can be carried easily for hours on end in the summer days!

I read someone said these mini's are not for shooting on days end as they were not designed for that. Has anyone put thousands of 9mm thru a LC9 or P11? And how does the PF9 handle the recoil? Definitely the PF9 and/or P11 is cheaper but I can find it cheaper by about $75.

Still thinking this through...thanks for the comments guys!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have around a thousand through my P11 and it has always worked, never a bobble. I like the wider grip frame as it spreads the recoil better and is more comfortable for me to shoot. The single stacks do seem more "snappy" to me.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
bodyguard

I held one of these the other day. Pretty sweet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Valad - K-T states that the PF9 has a life-expectancy of about 6000 rounds. It's not a "range gun". You won't choose it to shoot for fun. It's all business, and you will likely only shoot it enough to maintain proficiency with it. Some might say it has sharp recoil. I am not particularly recoil-sensitive, and it doesn't bother me - but I don't get excited about range tie with it. I much prefer shooting my 1911. My K9 was way more comfortable than the PF9, but the PF9 is way easier to carry. It's truly a "shoot little but carry often" gun.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are OK but still suffering a few "teething" problems, have sent a couple in for feeding problems. And I find them a bit "over controlled" for a pocket gun, too many switches & levers for me.

Old cat turd!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
valad, I had a LC9 for a short while. Accurate, controllable, no hiccups or burps with 11 types of ammo fired through it. Will probably replace it with another. I made the mistake of letting a good friend shoot it, then he took it home and paid me for it. Told me to go get my own. I kept the pocket holster.
I'm sure you'd find it suitable.
I did have some trouble sleeping well knowing that it had a dreaded magazine disconnect.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I bought 3 Kel-Tec P11s last year for my family. We tried a PF-9 and my wife found the feel of the gun and the recoil a bit uncomfortable for her, so we bought the P11s. No problems to date with any of them.

A friend has a PF-9 and it had some problems, so it went back to Kel-Tec. The fixed it up and sent it back at no cost to him. He carries it daily.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have carried a P11 for some years...have never had any problems with it....have shot several different brands of ammo and all of them worked just fine....it fits my hands much better than the P9....guess that is just a personal preference...

Live so that it matters that you have lived at all....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (219DW, 1234, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 1,980 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,462
Posts18,508,236
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.