Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
"Greek to me", but, I can take these old photos to the London Drugs just down Kingsway from it's junction with our street and get that done.

I have or had some others, a deer and some fish, but, far more important, the pix taken of me when we set up the lookout on Bell L/O above "First Bell-Irving Crossing" in 1972, I really treasure the very few L/O pix. I have from my four BCFS and three AFS seasons,especially the 1960's BCFS ones. I lost most of them in basement floods and wish I had put the negatives in a "safe deposit box" when I had them.

Fuzzy, I did not forget to look for the MR Load Cell-large and found it in my gear room. I am usually very organized and know where stuff is, but, the renos here have made some mess and I need to get that dealt with. So, call me tomorrow and you can come by then or Friday or whenever and pick it up.

I will show you whatever guns of mine you may want to look at based on our phone conversation the other day. "brno284"who posts here sometimes, has seven of my rifles for work in Kamloops, but, the others are here if you want to see them.

If, you have a small camera, maybe bring it and give me some lessons as I will buy one in the near future and am not very motivated to learn all of these "digital age" gizmos.

GB1

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Holly smokes Vigil!!!!! Those brookies look like they're going to explode.

Sucess only comes before work in the dictionary.
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Thanks! We had fun. Going up there again this Fall. Lots of scuds/plankton in the lake and the Brookies gorge themselves. They are real pigs.

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Vigil, did you have these pix burned on a disc and if so, please PM me EXACTLY how you got them from there to this thread?

Also, do you have a camera, that will take and transfer photos to the site,what it it and how do you do it?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Nice Brookies Vigil. They look like they should be oink'n...

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kute, you may want to consider having someone from the techy generation just come over to your house and show you. It is a bit confusing (especially taking verbal directions for this process)but once you see it done, then it becomes very easy to duplicate the process. Most teenagers could probably show you in a matter of 5 minutes or less. Dunno your situation, but if you have a grand kid or a younger person around...just ask em. I'm sure most would help you. I hope you figure it out.

What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I think that you are right and "Fuzzy" will likely be by later this week and my large, muscular and rather truculent nephew, his rugby name is "Mad Dawg" and for GOOD reason will be by to help me with yard work.

Yup, I will get some photos put on a disc and then have one of them do as you suggest.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Vigilguy
[Linked Image]

Hey, now that I know how to post pix with ease, this is kinda fun!

(Brookies from Lake ______ in Wyoming, from our goatpacking trip two years ago.)

WOW! Brookies don't get that big back east even if you feed 'em in a pond.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Originally Posted by kutenay
Vigil, did you have these pix burned on a disc and if so, please PM me EXACTLY how you got them from there to this thread?

Also, do you have a camera, that will take and transfer photos to the site,what it it and how do you do it?

No, I just plugged my digital camera into my computer via the USB port and downloaded them. A younger generation techy could show you in just a few minutes. Your snapshots should be scanned in and put on a thumb drive or a CD. Your visitors this week will know what to do. Too tough to explain it to anyone over the Internet.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Yeah, they are big fat pigs. And I used to hear that fish don't grow big in mountain lakes! Hahaha!

IC B3

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yup, I think that is how I will go and it will probably take a few days to get my surviving old pix put on a CD and then I can post pix as I see fit.

I cannot find some really neat photos of various fire lookouts, showing a younger(much)me, against some of the most gorgeous country in North America. But, maybe, they will turn up and I can post them here.

Then, I guess I had better carefully photo-document EACH step of EVERY hike, hunt, fishing trip or nature study trek I go on and keep them at hand to,well, you know......

So, next year, when, God willing, you come to visit and we go to a few places I don't talk about, you should bring a video-camera and make a "feature film" so we can "prove".........

wink smile smile

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Here are a few pix of me, hiking-climbing, on Bell L/O and Ballenas Island Lightstation, with an Elk I shot some years ago and so forth. There are more photos in my photobucket account, but, although I have never been much of a photographer, I do have a few from over the years....and about as many, mostly hunting and "lookout" photos were lost in basement flooding in 1993, in Maple Ridge, BC and several years ago in the East Vancouver house I now live in.

So, anyone can check Photobucket for the others I posted there.

http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r540/Kutenay1946/

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks for posting those Kute, I really enjoy the "vintage" photos.

C'mon guys I need to see some "proof" of your adventures. smile

Last edited by bluffview; 06/15/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great pics Kute, I bet some of the guys that "tried" calling you out can only dream about some of the adventures you have been on in your lifetime!

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well, I posted these here and might be able to find a few more because I thought that some here might find it interesting. The pix cover about 40 years and I "seem"to have "grown" a little between age 26 and age 66...... wink

Anyway, to me, this is not about competition, who has done or not done whatever or anything other than friendly enjoyment.

To me, the various lookouts, lightstation, wilderness treks and hunting-fishing are just what we did as a part of our lives in BC. As my buddy, "free_miner" said, again today,when over at my place teaching me how to post these; most of the more experienced bush guys he knows and has known for his 25ish years in the bush, never bothered with a camera, because this was normal daily life to us and not something unusual or special.

But, I am going to buy one of those little cameras and take photos of my up-coming trips and post them here as I do get into some spectacular places and I would enjoy sharing this with others.

BTW, did your McHale come yet? I am getting pretty "pumped"about getting one, but, I "owe"my long-suffering wife a new couch first.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My McHale is just getting finished up in sewing and should be here in the next week or two. I am already planning for another!

Did you happen to see Wolfgang's West coast trail report over at trail space? The "other" big guy is me by the way. Wolfgang said you sent him a pm thinking that he was actually me. Thanks for the advise for that trip. I was the only one that brought micro spikes and everyone else wished they did. If we would of got any rain we would of been a day late getting out because they would not of had them. That Vancouver coast sure is rugged, in some parts of the trail we were only doing about 1 km a hour hiking, but others were faster and a lot faster when on the beach. That makes for a long day when your doing 16 km!

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yep, I did read the first reports on that trek and I am sorry to see that some decided against "Microspikes", but, "live and learn",eh.

I dammed near broke my neck a few times on BC coastal deadfall before learning to wear spikes whenever I was traversing such terrain and I now carry the Kahtoola alloy crampons on any trek I go on. My wife is,FINALLY, going to retire at month's end and I will then be out in the "North Shore"mountains here at least every second day.

That will wear the gut off me and get me ready for West Kootenay Elk this Sept., I can hardly wait, after two years of being cooped up here with an invalid wife. I know a spot where one of the above photos was taken about 1973 and the Elk have moved in there bigtime....and one is mine! smile

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
kutenay, it looks like you already got it figured out. I posted this explanation up a long time ago to someone named koot for what it's worth. There are two ways to put a pic up. One is to upload the file via the file manager, and the other is to use a photo sharing account. Both ways are explained below, with the upload method first. I should add though, that if you upload the files it won't accept large files. I believe the limit is 100K, so for high resolution images, use a photosharing account.

Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
koot, if you want to make a link to a jpg file, click 'Reply' (not Quick Reply) and you will see a hyperlink at the bottom of the Reply screen which says 'File Manager'. Click 'File Manager' and then click the 'Browse' button. You can then browse your computer's file tree, find and select the pic you want to upload. Then click the 'Add file' button and it will upload. You can repeat browsing and adding files for several pics, or just one if you like. When you have finished adding all the files you want to, click the 'Done adding files' button. That will make a hyperlink to the pic(s).

The other way to do it is to open a photo sharing account with a service like photobucket and link it with the [img][/img] tags to your reply. For instance, lets say your photo in photobucket has a web address of http://www.photobucket.com/koot's_pic.jpg
then you just insert or copy that address into the image tags like so:

[img]http://www.photobucket.com/koot's_pic.jpg[/img]

Since this isn't a true valid web address, you don't actually see an image, but you do see the proper syntax that would show an image if the address were valid.

Hope this helps.

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
"Koot"is not me and he is a gentleman from one of the small towns in the West Kootenays, actually, where I was living in 1981-82,when I decided to move to Vancouver. So, I would not have seen your instructions, however, thank you very kindly for your post as I can use all the info. on this that I can get. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 204guy, 219DW, 12344mag, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,227
Posts18,504,323
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.