Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by burner
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by KFWA
....keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

I don't think they envisioned "straight" being translated as it applies to homosexuality but its pretty much intended that way in the broader picture.

However I don't believe a homosexual is any more likely to victimize a scout as a heterosexual would - unless they are Catholic priests or Penn St football coaches.

Therein lies the problem.

You might have felt a lot safer letting your son hang out with Jerry Sandusky because he was "married, had kids, a family man, etc," than letting them hang out with a homosexual person.

Which would have been wrong?

Jerry may have been married but I'm sorry you do a real poor job of painting him as a heterosexual.

Nobody thought he wasn't until all this stuff blew up.

I'm not defending gays or pedophiles, here. Just pointing out that someone who most people would think of as a great role model for their kids was actually not, and was harmful on top of it.

Just like the hundreds or thousands of a-holes trying to pry their way into the BSA would be. The other thing is the boys in the Scouts are much younger and much more susceptible to this crap. Anyone one trying to sell the heterosexuals abusing boys BS must think we're to dumb to be breathing air on earth.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/07/12.

NRA Lifetime Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Burner, thank you for the links..... Goes along with my position of not having the ultimate "right" answer but knowing that statements like homosexuals no more likely to exploit others or the often parroted one about 10% of the Worlds population are homosexuals are the result of PC indoctrination not honest research methods.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
all they gotta do is remember Jerry Sandusky.

He was and IS a pedophile...

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not all boy scouts are 7. What about the troubled 15 or 16 year old "kid"?

If you're boinking a 7 year old you're a pedophile. If you're boinking a 16 year old you're a predator, or possibly just have little self control.

I guarantee a homosexual is more likely to boink a 16 year old boy than a heterosexual.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Burner, thank you for the links..... Goes along with my position of not having the ultimate "right" answer but knowing that statements like homosexuals no more likely to exploit others or the often parroted one about 10% of the Worlds population are homosexuals are the result of PC indoctrination not honest research methods.

No problem. I am pretty sure the 1-3% term is much more accurate than the 10% estimate of homosexuals, but to be honest, that 1-3% certainly get enough airtime to make you FEEL like it's 10% of the population.

My gut feeling is that the studies that pedophilia is a brain disorder are right. Think about it this way -- if you as a normal heterosexual male saw ANY naked child, would you be aroused? NO. So, people that are aroused by naked children are obviously organically different than you and I, and therefore, it's something quantifiable that could be tested for and possibly even medicated or surgically corrected.

As a parent, I hate pedophiles like I hate cancer. But I also hate rhetoric and faulty logic. smile

Thanks for being interested in having a reasonable discussion and being open to factual research on a highly-charged topic.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

If you're boinking a 7 year old you're a pedophile. If you're boinking a 16 year old you're a predator, or possibly just have little self control.

I guarantee a homosexual is more likely to boink a 16 year old boy than a heterosexual.

I'm a straight male. I work at a college. Doesn't mean I am likely to try and sleep with my students.

Not all straight men want to screw every female, young or old.

Not all gay men want to screw every male, young or old.

Why not tell ALL straight women that they can't be Boy Scout Leaders. If that is the argument, then that is perfectly acceptable; right?

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Look at all of the female teachers lately doing their male students in that age group. Again, I'm not defending homosexuals -- but wounded people with mental/sexual issues are going to do things regardless of our beliefs of what they will or won't do. People who seek positions of leadership around kids, period, are often interested in more than just community service. It has made it almost impossible for honestly good people to find work around kids, which thus perpetuates the cycle - organizations thankfully take whoever they can get, because not many people want the hassle, which is often someone who is there for the wrong reasons.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Criminals are criminal.

NRA Lifetime Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

For the generally much respected posters who wrote that homosexuals are no more likely to exploit children than heterosexuals are, I ask the same question....

It sadens me to see the BSA consider this path.....

Couple of points on that:

1. A study that claims that homosexuals ARE NOT more likely to molest kids:

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

2. A Study that claims the opposite

http://www.familyresearchinst.org/2009/02/pro-gay-bias-in-study-of-pedophilia/
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1331584/posts
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=is02e3

That study claims 3% of the population as homosexual.

3. MRI study that shows brain differences in images viewed by homosexuals and pedophiles:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2186373/

4. Related research

http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/Articles/000,002.htm

The articles from the UC Davis blog and the Family Research Institute you've quoted are review articles rather than primary research articles, which means there's a lot more opinion in them than there is basic fact. But they both show pretty well that while there is controversy, nobody's research has provent that homosexual adult males are more likely to molest boys than heterosexual adult males.

The key point to focus on is this, gentlemen and ladies: if you want to protect your kid(s) from pedophiles, you have to be involved in their lives and activities. You need to meet their coaches and other adult mentors, look them in the eye, and make sure your spidey-sense isn't tingling... if it is, you need to be really vigilant. Teach your kids what to watch out for so they're less likely to become prey to a pedophile.

You can't legislate your kids safe, either in society, or in the BSA.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
New Boy Scout Badges:

Doily-making

Skipping

Fashion Sense

How to set a Tea Party

Knitting

Handless bananna peeling

Say the scout pledge with mouth full three times

Hot Dog Hiding

Walk an Efiminate male across the street

Knit your own tighty-whitey undies

Last edited by iambrb; 06/07/12.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DocRocket
In terms of being a sexual threat to boys, adult homosexual men are no more of a threat than adult heterosexual men. They're adults who have sex with other adults, and kids don't appeal to them. Pedophilia is a pschosexual disorder separate from homosexual orientation, and if you look at the statistics, more pedophiles are professed heterosexuals than homosexuals.

That's the standard gay talking point, but the truth is that only gays are a sexual threat to boys. It's like letting an adult heterosexual men lead a group of girl scouts.

The other thing is that the boy scouts includes teenage boys not just young children and gay men are definitely attracted to teenage boys. How do I know, well here's a photo of a well known professional gay who's made a living by being attractive to gay men. Seems the teenage boy look turns on a lot of gay men.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket

For the generally much respected posters who wrote that homosexuals are no more likely to exploit children than heterosexuals are, I ask the same question....

It sadens me to see the BSA consider this path.....

Couple of points on that:

1. A study that claims that homosexuals ARE NOT more likely to molest kids:

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

2. A Study that claims the opposite

http://www.familyresearchinst.org/2009/02/pro-gay-bias-in-study-of-pedophilia/
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1331584/posts
http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=is02e3

That study claims 3% of the population as homosexual.

3. MRI study that shows brain differences in images viewed by homosexuals and pedophiles:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2186373/

4. Related research

http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/Articles/000,002.htm

The articles from the UC Davis blog and the Family Research Institute you've quoted are review articles rather than primary research articles, which means there's a lot more opinion in them than there is basic fact. But they both show pretty well that while there is controversy, nobody's research has provent that homosexual adult males are more likely to molest boys than heterosexual adult males.

The key point to focus on is this, gentlemen and ladies: if you want to protect your kid(s) from pedophiles, you have to be involved in their lives and activities. You need to meet their coaches and other adult mentors, look them in the eye, and make sure your spidey-sense isn't tingling... if it is, you need to be really vigilant. Teach your kids what to watch out for so they're less likely to become prey to a pedophile.

You can't legislate your kids safe, either in society, or in the BSA.

Doc,

Sorry about that. I didn't have access to the articles I was thinking of right off the top of my head, so I pulled some links that were familiar, but were not the specific ones I was remembering.

You are absolutely right in your statement - The best antidote to predators in any case is an involved parent.

Too many people look on sports, BSA, etc., as free babysitting. Send the kids off and see you in an hour, or a couple days, or whatever. Involvement is key.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As posted by someone: "....our core values are different from those accepted by the homosexual community and as such we choose not to have homosexual scout leaders."

They will "study", but it is NOT going to happen.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CCCC
As posted by someone: "....our core values are different from those accepted by the homosexual community and as such we choose not to have homosexual scout leaders."

They will "study", but it is NOT going to happen.

I hope it doesn't! I respect the BSA for standing up to the homosexual agenda as long as they have. They are one of the few agencies in the USA that has.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MacLorry

That's the standard gay talking point, but the truth is that only gays are a sexual threat to boys. It's like letting an adult heterosexual men lead a group of girl scouts.

The other thing is that the boy scouts includes teenage boys not just young children and gays are definitely attracted to teenage boys. How do I know, well here's a photo of a well known professional gay who's made a living by being attractive to gay men. Seems the teenage boy look turns on a lot of gay men.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Right on as soon as you read heterosexual molesting youth of their own sex the PC BS is past the top of your waders. It's pretty hard to believe that anyone with a mind would buy into this gay agenda driven [bleep].

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stand strong and firm, boy scouts of America! This cannot be allowed to happen.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by MacLorry

Are you saying that adult heterosexual men should not be involved in girl scouts? How about coaching girls sports teams? How about adult heterosexual men teaching adolescent girls in school? Are THEY all sexual threats to girls?

Come on. Adults of the opposite sex have been teaching and mentoring kids of all ages since time immemorial, and the vast majority of them have not been sexually predacious on those kids.

Like I said before, if you want to ban gay scout leaders because it's a moral affront to the BSA, that's justifiable. But if you want to ban them to "protect the children" you're talking through your hat.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So if I wanted to take a bunch of 16 year old girls camping for the weekend that wouldn't raise any eyebrows? Yeah, sure.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, I did not want my kids exposed to homosexual persons o f ANY stripe any more than I wanted them to have a strip club, whore house or crack house next to their school. There is right, there is wrong, there is such a thing as sin and reproachable, reprehensable and just plain wrong behaviour and children as well as teens should not be exposed to it any more than can be helped. A BSA leader should be, as much as can be possible with us mere mortal and sinsick men, an example of good and moreal behaviour. Becase we live in a fallen and sinful world there will be lapses and failures but to INVITE morally reprehensable and sinful behaviour into a troop and allow such a person to be a leader and held up as an example to follow? Nope, it is NOT right to do such a thing any more than it would be to allow a know whore or crack dealer to be the BSA leader. Being 'GAY' is a choice, and a wrong, sinful one period.

Last edited by safariman; 06/07/12.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And before the "H" card is played, like the liberal weenies use the Race card, neither God nor I or any other true Christian
"Hate" any homosexual person or persons.

To the contrary, I long for opportunites to demonstrate Christs love to them and have done so including hosting known HIV positive men into my home for dinner, fellowship, and even a Godly embrace of love and acceptance at the end of an evening. Would do so again in heartbeat if given the opportunity.

I long, ever so deeply, to share with the homosexual community about the HEALING from their past, and the forgiveness, and POWER OVER thier addictions and sin that God is offering to them! It is real, it is true , it is powerful it is REAL love like they so seek and long for and it can be thiers. NO, I do not hate them, I love them with the love of Christ through me. The same way I love the drug addicts, and prostitutes, and drunkards, and murderers, and other sinners. Although I might have a little more understanding of and love for the gay them community having a gay and HIV positive Brother in Law living in my home for quite a few years and having many of his freinds and such over to our home, thus giving me more opportunity to understand along with MUCH reading and research into the issue(s) at hand.

Last edited by safariman; 06/07/12.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 72 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,514
Posts18,509,439
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.