Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have seen children suffer from lack of medical care when changing financial conditions resulted in long waits for govt clearance to pay. when informed they can pay for their kids medical care if govt fails to do so they are often incredulous to the concept, even though their child may have been suffering miserably.

The concept of most to vote republican is inconceivable, unless they are white collar, professional or semi-professional. Even then, those educated hispanics in education and medicine (and there are many) would feel like traitors to do so.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/12/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yeah....being responsible for your own medical care....who'd have guessed you could do that?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
"I see the kids on welfare on a yearly basis and they wear nice clothes, Nikes, and I phones. It is rare for any of them to pay for ANY (from before birth until grown) medical expenses as living on welfare is a way of life."

as the point is well made by Eyeball... these folks are smart enough to figure out the welfare system and how to milk it...

you'd think they would put those efforts into something positive, and contribute to our economy....if the Feds didn't make it so easy for them to milk taxpayers money... becoming a drain on the economy, instead of contributors...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
"I see the kids on welfare on a yearly basis and they wear nice clothes, Nikes, and I phones. It is rare for any of them to pay for ANY (from before birth until grown) medical expenses as living on welfare is a way of life."

as the point is well made by Eyeball... these folks are smart enough to figure out the welfare system and how to milk it...

you'd think they would put those efforts into something positive, and contribute to our economy....if the Feds didn't make it so easy for them to milk taxpayers money... becoming a drain on the economy, instead of contributors...
Which is why charitable endeavors should be exclusively within the domain of the private sector. Private charitable foundations are innately motivated to maximize their limited resources so as to benefit only those most in immediate need, thus they would quickly identify and eliminate from their rolls those who are milking them in order to make their lives more leisurely. Government, on the contrary, is motivated in the reverse, i.e., to constantly increase the number of people they are extending services too, because resources for them are unlimited in potential, and increasing them increases their job security.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As calculating and safe as Romney is, I'm sure he had his reasons for going with Ryan. It says "look, I'm serious about this deficit and growing spending".

The question is - will Romney attempt to implement Ryan's plan?

Otherwise Ryan has a 10 year plan and won't be able to implement it until 2020 assuming American's don't turn on Romney during that time.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The mexicans don't have to "figure out the welfare system" as they are openly recruited by the system both here and in Mexico. It's all spelled out and you would be a fool not to use it.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
it's amazing how many nice cars you can have when you get free food, school, medicine, and medical care. It sure stimulates the economy too.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
it's like putting out cat food every night and then acting surprised when you've got an army of stray cats around your house...d'uh

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is silly and simplistic to think a Spanish sounding name makes voters peculiarly stupid or subject to childish influences

Have you spoken to many voters?

IME "silly and simplistic" reasons are usually pretty high on the list.

....else this election wouldn't be turning into the horse race that it is.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If this is there country then why do must of them say that when they retire they are going back to THERE country to live.

Do not confuse Cali with Texas.

The only Texans I know of who retired in Mexico are Anglos, typically educated types going to trendy places like San Miguel de Allende. Seriously, in thirty years I haven't met a Tex-Mexican who retired down there, I'd guess at least half around here have never even been to visit.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
particularly now, when you can literally lose your head by moving to Mexico

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
He'll. They don't have welfare.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by eyeball
He'll. They don't have welfare.

They don't need welfare. With the help of the Dept. of Ag. the Mexican gov. is telling mexicans to get their welfare in the USA and showing them on mexican tv how to do it!

I think they called it "collaboration".

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
496 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Well, the DEMOCRATS at least have been listening to Buchanan, 'Bammy hisself alluded to Texas becoming a swing state last time he was here.

This here is the present Mayor of San Antonio; Julian Castro, Democrat.

[Linked Image]

Local kid, from the South Side, but NOT a typical one.

You can draw a LOT of parallels between him and Obama. Like Obama, the Castro twins (the other one currently holds office in the Texas House IIRC) did not have a father growing up.

Like Obama, Julian Castro has carefully downplayed his radical roots. Rosie Castro, his mom, was an unmarried mother and Seventies practitioner of race-based politics, being a leader in the Raza Unida party at the time.

Like Obama, Castro is a graduate of Harvard Law School.

Since he took office, his most notable achievement has been to revive racial politics by having a fine old historic street downtown renamed after Caesar Chavez (who yer average Tex-Mexican could GAS about).

Guess who is going to be the keynote speaker at the 2012 Democratic National Convention?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/31/democrats-julian-castro-keynote-address

Democrats pick San Antonio mayor Julian Castro to give keynote address

Castro becomes first Hispanic to give the address in move seen as part of Obama's campaign to bring more Latinos into fold

The DNC, looking to the future, clearly has a jones on for Tex-Mexicans, even as the RNC ignores the issue.

Birdwatcher

If Obama keeps pulling stunts like that Romney is going to have a hard time.

AN OATH IS NOT SOMETHING YOU GIVE BACK UNLESS YOUR A POLITICIAN!

RACISM ALWAYS EQUALS FEAR!

THE WANTS OF THE FEW SHOULD NOT OUTWEIGH THE RIGHT OF THE MANY!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Romney will carry Texas by a million votes, and he will win Arizona. The Mexican vote is not going to decide this election.

We know Obama wins California. The only two battleground states where Mexican votes will matter are NM and Colo. Doubt they will be dispositive of the result there, either.

Fortunately, non-citizens can't vote, although Obama will try his hardest to get them to.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I hope you are right. Maybe the elite rinos didn't like rubios illegal alien plan and feltnthey could squeak by this time. IMO they aren't sharp enough to bet on after Bush1 and McClame.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by eyeball
I hope you are right. Maybe the elite rinos didn't like rubios illegal alien plan and feltnthey could squeak by this time. IMO they aren't sharp enough to bet on after Bush1 and McClame.

Rubio said himself that as a Jr. Congressman, he had a lot to learn about Washington.

Have you ever thought that Rubio may have said NO to the Romney camp?

Why would Rubio taint himself with a Ronbama association? He has too much going for him.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
He sure wasn't on tv today applauding the decision, unless I missed it.

Cant wait till he debates brain dead Joe Biden.

Scratch a liberal and you'll find a communist
Originally Posted by mar21457
Cant wait till he debates brain dead Joe Biden.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (AnthonyB, alwaysoutdoors, 160user, 35, 10ring1, 7887mm08, 13 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,888
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.