-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 38 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 37 38
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll say one thing about the 24CF, you guys know how to take care of each other in the Classifieds. I had a problem a few years back with a scope I had purchased and a member, who I'd never met or interacted with, helped me out tremendously. Eventually I got what I had paid for and all ended well. But I seriously doubt that would have happened without some pressure from a fellow member here. It was great and I am still appreciative of what he did.

Looks like EHG has experienced the same, and kudos to the group of individuals who have helped him out. "We Band of Brothers" can make an very formidable force. Best of luck in getting this settled.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Perhaps because it got the guy off the street for a time and he couldn't do it to other forum members?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crimson Mister
Originally Posted by Bricktop
You have a lot of people pontificating obvious BULLSHIT and they KNOW it's BULLSHIT, but it makes them feel important to participate. It bugs the hell out of these same GASBAGS if someone takes them to task. What was it Abe Lincoln said about keeping your mouth shut and being thought a fool or opening your mouth and removing all doubt? Learn it, little man.
You must have missed the part where I wasn't talking to you, dummy.
You must've missed the part where I was posting in generalities. Dummy.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
You have a whole bunch of people offering what they think, right or wrong, is helpful information to a guy that has been wronged by a thief and one individual that offers absolutely nothing but personal attacks.
You have a lot of people pontificating obvious BULLSHIT and they KNOW it's BULLSHIT, but it makes them feel important to participate. It bugs the hell out of these same GASBAGS if someone takes them to task. What was it Abe Lincoln said about keeping your mouth shut and being thought a fool or opening your mouth and removing all doubt? Learn it, little man.

I'm still trying to 'cipher logger's "logic," if that term is even appropriate. He posts the same tired, old BULLSHIT about CALL THE COPS, THEY CAN FIX ANYTHING!!!

He states seven -- SEVEN -- people from this board were scammed by one Paul Webster of Fort Myers, Florida, did he not? And yet Mr. Webster was convicted of ONE -- NOT SEVEN -- felony count. Is that correct? Does anyone want to verify that? But logger is dumb enough to believe -- or feels we're all dumb enough to believe -- that it was HIS case that made the conviction. Jesus Christ, give me a f*cking break.

Then -- THEN -- logger goes on to state he DIDN'T GET A DAMNED THING IN RETURN. NO MONEY, NO GOODS, NO NOTHING. And yet logger is also dumb enough to suggest EHG -- and anyone else wronged on an internet-based transaction -- should follow his example.

WHY IN THE HELL WOULD ANYONE FOLLOW YOUR FAILED PATH TO NOWHERE, BONEHEAD?!!

Nice to find logical thinking-pretty rare these days

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ringworm
Never trust a guy with bigger titts than his wife.
TFF ringworm!

IC B2

Q
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Q
You have a whole bunch of people offering what they think, right or wrong, is helpful information to a guy that has been wronged by a thief and one individual that offers absolutely nothing but personal attacks.

I'm still trying to 'cipher logger's "logic," if that term is even appropriate. He posts the same tired, old BULLSHIT about CALL THE COPS, THEY CAN FIX ANYTHING!!!

He states seven -- SEVEN -- people from this board were scammed by one Paul Webster of Fort Myers, Florida, did he not? And yet Mr. Webster was convicted of ONE -- NOT SEVEN -- felony count. Is that correct? Does anyone want to verify that? But logger is dumb enough to believe -- or feels we're all dumb enough to believe -- that it was HIS case that made the conviction. Jesus Christ, give me a f*cking break.

Then -- THEN -- logger goes on to state he DIDN'T GET A DAMNED THING IN RETURN. NO MONEY, NO GOODS, NO NOTHING. And yet logger is also dumb enough to suggest EHG -- and anyone else wronged on an internet-based transaction -- should follow his example.

And you're accusing someone else of PONTIFICATING? Its obvious you're just an attention-seeking gasbag who knows it all and has to be right.

You ask for proof of a case, he gives it to you and you move the goal line to where you want it. You said prove it happened, and he did. Now you want to change the rules to be right. Typing louder won't make that happen.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Damn hate to hear this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by quadzilla

And you're accusing someone else of PONTIFICATING? Its obvious you're just an attention-seeking gasbag who knows it all and has to be right.

You ask for proof of a case, he gives it to you and you move the goal line to where you want it. You said prove it happened, and he did. Now you want to change the rules to be right. Typing louder won't make that happen.
Think hard, little man. Logger's allegation WAS NEVER PROSECUTED. Savvy? He never received any goods or money. Is it getting through? Does someone need to explain it to you? Are you up to speed?

So what did he "prove?" He stated that his continued persistence resulted in one Paul Webster being prosecuted. It did not. Go back and read, dickhead.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"Any jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one." � Lyndon Johnson

I thought this quote was attributed to the late, great Sam Rayburn...??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chas05
"Any jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one." � Lyndon Johnson

I thought this quote was attributed to the late, great Sam Rayburn...??
I've seen both. Since Mr. Sam was pretty tight with LBJ, it's likely Johnson co-opted it from him.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Everyone should write down that info and sign Mr. Marx up for every Bahamas vactation contest in every gas station they visit.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was surprised that it took 20+ pages before this thread became the Bricktop show.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
I was surprised that it took 20+ pages before this thread became the Bricktop show.

+1...same reruns..over and over and over

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+2...
Worse than a f**king 15 y/o on the rag...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fellas, you have to take BT with a jar of salt. The dude loves the reactions he gets, that's why he does it. Some of the members here love stroking his junk, so I guess there's something to be said about having a fan club.

EHG, keep us posted on whether your scope arrives. And, thanks for starting what turned out to be a fairly entertaining thread.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by broomd
+2...
Worse than a f**king 15 y/o on the rag...
You're into that sort of thing? crazy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by logger
As the story you quoted said, "Webster is accused of advertising items for sale on the Internet, many of which were firearms and electronics and collected money from numerous victims but provided nothing in return." We didn't make a few phone calls, we made many and also sent in signed affidavits. We had personal phone calls with the sheriff detectives and with the investigators from the US Postal Inspection Service. It took several years, but we never gave up. We all knew that it was unlikely that we would get our money back, but it became our goal to see if we couldn't aid in helping to bring Webster to justice. Were we the only one involved, probably not, but you never know how these things are going to turn out. Again, it never hurts to make the phone call. I'm glad we did. The guy was convicted of a felony.
And it netted you what? Great effort. And the point still escapes you: it took a BIG case to get the authorities involved. And you still didn't get [bleep], because they don't collect your debts.

Let me see if I can break this down for you BT: If someone gets scammed on here and they know an alias and an address, they should file a report with both the FBI internet fraud division and local authorities. Are they going to run out and knock on his door? No. BUT- If this is real scammer, then chances are he's scammed hundreds of people and when they call and report it to those same agencies, then what started as a simple ignored case turns into a big internet fraud case. That get's there attention and when they nail him he goes to jail for a long time...

Or, they can do as you suggest and take it up the ass and allow the scammer to get away with it.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You must have missed the part where I wasn't talking to you, dummy.
You must've missed the part where I was posting in generalities. Dummy.

No, you weren't. You quoted me so I guess not even you understand your posts. You're a sad, strange little man.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ICOT
Your f*cking bullshit fairy tales were called out in a previous thread, you f*cking idiot. If you pulled your head out of your ass long enough to take a breath, you'd read -- or rather, someone would read it to you [/url]

Reading comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong point either.

FORUM RULES

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire.

IT amazes me that the owner and/or moderators of this site don't do something about this guy. Over 90% of his posts violate the first rule of this site and he's been reported probably 100's or thousands of times and he's still on here.

Now he will come back with some smart assed (to him at least) comment about how I'm whining or something but I won't know because I just put the guy on ignore as I would suggest everyone else do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by logger
As the story you quoted said, "Webster is accused of advertising items for sale on the Internet, many of which were firearms and electronics and collected money from numerous victims but provided nothing in return." We didn't make a few phone calls, we made many and also sent in signed affidavits. We had personal phone calls with the sheriff detectives and with the investigators from the US Postal Inspection Service. It took several years, but we never gave up. We all knew that it was unlikely that we would get our money back, but it became our goal to see if we couldn't aid in helping to bring Webster to justice. Were we the only one involved, probably not, but you never know how these things are going to turn out. Again, it never hurts to make the phone call. I'm glad we did. The guy was convicted of a felony.
And it netted you what? Great effort. And the point still escapes you: it took a BIG case to get the authorities involved. And you still didn't get [bleep], because they don't collect your debts.
Let me see if I can break this down for you BT: If someone gets scammed on here and they know an alias and an address, they should file a report with both the FBI internet fraud division and local authorities. Are they going to run out and knock on his door? No. BUT- If this is real scammer, then chances are he's scammed hundreds of people and when they call and report it to those same agencies, then what started as a simple ignored case turns into a big internet fraud case. That get's there attention and when they nail him he goes to jail for a long time...

Or, they can do as you suggest and take it up the ass and allow the scammer to get away with it.
Let me see if I can cut through the cloud of BULLSHIT you're creating: WHAT F*CKING GOOD HAS IT DONE TO RUN AND CRY TO THE AUTHORITIES? WHAT TANGIBLE RESULTS ARE THERE? Can you understand any of that? Anything at all?

Logger's case wasn't prosecuted. Logger never received any recompense. Great f*cking plan, dumbass. Let's all follow the same f*cking failed philosophy and expect different results.

Page 27 of 38 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 37 38

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

287 members (10Glocks, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 25 invisible), 1,822 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,770
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.