Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Diesel Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I don't own any AR's or such (yet) but do own semi auto shotguns. How likely is it that the government could take someone's semi's.

How were semis ("assault rifles") handled under the last ban? Could you transfer ownership?

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Diesel
I don't own any AR's or such (yet) but do own semi auto shotguns. How likely is it that the government could take someone's semi's.

How were semis ("assault rifles") handled under the last ban? Could you transfer ownership?
If it was preban, you could buy and sell it. You just couldn't buy the new ones, or mags for them, which were reserved exclusively for cops, agents, and soldiers, and marked as such at the factory.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No, I do not.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I don't think it would even be possible.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
No gov. in there right mind would go about confiscating millions of weapons. That would pretty much trigger the response that many of those gun owners purchased them for in the first place. As protection from a oppresive gov. that has far exceeded whatever tiny amount of power given to it by the Constitution.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Who said they'll even have luck reinstating the "assault weapons" ban?

One step at a time.

Though if they do, I hope the confiscate every last semi in the USA. Will create a backlash AND show the IGNORANT ones that don't care for ARs, but want to keep their 1100s what the real goal was.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wouldn't have to confiscate them. Just declare their possession a felony.

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Lets see...
350,000,000 fireams divided by 5000 employees of the ATF.
Uh my calculator says there aint enough hours in the day to get it done by the end of the century...SOOOOOOOO... Im gonna say NOPE!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Paul39
Wouldn't have to confiscate them. Just declare their possession a felony.

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"

Paul

I think they would go after ammunition first. Look what they have done to cigarettes because they think people shouldn't smoke.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoiler

I think they would go after ammunition first.

I'm betting that's the route they'll take.

With the EPA running around doing whatever it pleases,..they'll try to classify lead and copper as dangerous substances and ban its use.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Limiting the amount of ammo one purchase's will be the 1st step if anything changes imo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the cat is already out of the bag. Pandora's box opened long ago. There are probably better than 100 million firarms in America.
No freaking way they can be 'rounded up'.........

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the cat is already out of the bag. Pandora's box opened long ago. There are probably better than 100 million firarms in America.

Exactly. As I told my wife, confiscating even an unrealisticly high 95% of the guns in existance wouldn't stop the rampages by the crazy and demented. If a $500 gun today would cost $5,000 on the black market then, that's not even a speed bump for a lunatic who plans to not even be alive tomorrow. Those guys aren't exactly known for worrying about blowing the monthly budget when locating supplies for committing horrible crimes against humanity. That all assumes that such an individual would still be interested in using a firearm for such a thing, as opposed to a high-speed automobile or a 5 gallon can of gasoline. Man could never pass enough laws or ban enough items to keep true wack-jobs from trying to take out lots of people. It's just not feasible.

Now with even more aplomb
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yes I do and more then so AMMO..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How do they know who has what, and stock up on reloading components.
I just bought LOTS of powders and primers yesterday.
Enough to reload for the rest of my days. No need to worry about feeding my toys now.

Last edited by splattermatic; 12/16/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another thing they'll try is to get the Treasury Sec. to reclassify everything as a "destructive weapons".

Remember what Lloyd Bentsen did in 1994 when he successfully changed the classification of the Street Sweeper shotgun.

He did it all with the stroke of his pen and totally circumvented Congress.!

There was no argument, no dissent. It was sign and done, just what the Dems want.

And since they were [b][color:#3333FF]successful at it once[/color][/b], there's precedence for them to try again...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by splattermatic
How do they know who has what, and stock up on reading components.
I just bought LOTS of powders and primers yesterday.
Enough to reload for the rest of my days. No need to worry about feeding my toys now.

Remember what you are doing though.. basically you are saying in so many words, screw everyone else, I'm gonna protect myself.

And like I've told others if things get banned and then told to turn in but you refuse like many will.. what real good will it do you because you can't make noise or get caught at that point, you'll be a felon in jail. The only thing they can be used for is an attempt to overthrow.

What should be done is keep the pressure on. No bans, no taxes, no limits, just enforce the laws you have out there RE murder and such. Damn novel idea, but I kinda suspect it might work.

And I"m not singling you out, just saying too many think, hey if I buy it before the "ban" I"m good. All you have to do is look at history and other countries to know that may not be the case at all.

And I feel for those in panic buys right now.... market rules and that sucks. Me.. i"mt rying to build a suppressed 300 whisper.. it'll suck for me too, cept I have some of the major parts.... but I'll even get hammered trying to buy an M4 stripped upper I bet....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

There are a lot more than 100 million firearms in this country. And of course, that decreases the feasibility of any confiscation plan. It decreases the feasibility of any plan given the large public outcry (and subsequent voting at the next election).

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I seriously doubt the Democrats will be satisfied with the previous ban. It really didn't take anything off the street. Maybe the Street Sweeper I suppose. On the other hand, it's not a certainty they have enough votes just to pass the previous ban again.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
But that large an amount of weapons could be taxed out of existance, and or ammo priced so high with "safety" taxes like cigarettes taht you could never afford to own or shoot....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 907brass, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,477 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,076
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.