Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RobertS13
I was looking forward to attending this years show as I have for the past 25 years or so. Not sure I will be attending this year.

I look forward to attending this show with my dad and brother every year.

My Heart's a Breaking....

$1 dollar bet says this is the latest incarnation of Raisuli.!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When we lived south of Harrisburg, I went there every week or so, and would be sure to haunt any big gun show.

But if I still lived there, no gun show for me! And I'm not even a fan of those nasty, evil ol' black guns! laugh

Kinda half-wish that I still lived there, just so I could stay home instead of spending money, drooling, etc.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are you really that simple?

The point is, as you put it, that the show organizer was trampling all over the rights of the exhibitors and they chose to make a united stand.

By all means, please go to the show. There'll be plenty of people there to commiserate with, I am sure.

Stush
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The point is that I look forward to attending this show with my dad and brother every year. A few other friends as well. It is their right to boycott, but it hurts me as well. Why should I support the people that hurt me? and no I am not Reed. LOL The easy way out is to not show is my point.

So you support magazine restrictions and an AWB?

Those vendors are loosing out on a hell of a lot of money and business to make a stand and protect YOUR rights.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The point is that I look forward to attending this show with my dad and brother every year. A few other friends as well. It is their right to boycott, but it hurts me as well. Why should I support the people that hurt me? and no I am not Reed. LOL The easy way out is to not show is my point.

Make sure and wear your mad bomber hat, Filson red plaid Mac Cruiser, and your LL Bean boots, when you go. You can blend in with all the other Fudds...

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I was looking forward to attending this years show as I have for the past 25 years or so. Not sure I will be attending this year. Thanks to all the vendors that pulled out and are just hurting us the sports enthusiast and consumer. I support your rights to disagree with Reed Exhibitions decision, but once again taking the easy way out. Why not take a stand and protest at the show. Educate the public and inform us of what you are fighting for. I will keep a list of vendors that pull out and be sure to never support you again. Hey you not only are boycotting Reed Exhibiions, but you are also boycotting the consumer. Thanks Again!!!!!

Hoping to vote for Obama a third time are ya comrade?

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Yeah I am sure all those companies will go bankrupt by not going to the show. Some of the smaller vendors will be hurt by people not showing and supporting their legit business. I feel for those vendors in the end. No I don't support restrictions of any kind. I support the right for someone to protest. It is after all their right. I just think not showing is the easy way out. I understand that they want to make a big point. I am just glad my brother contacted me this morning to let me know and we did not purchase tickets yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So those who opt-out really owe it to you to attend?

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Comcast just pulled out as one of the major sponsors!!!! Never thought that they would cave! Only progressive is left (no pun intended)!!

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
You forgot to mention my false teeth. LOL

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is truly remarkable, all these companies taking a stand on principle over money. Maybe there is hope for this country yet.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pa_gus
Comcast just pulled out as one of the major sponsors!!!! Never thought that they would cave! Only progressive is left (no pun intended)!!

I am really shocked by that one. Pleasantly so, but still shocked.

Stush
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ticket Holders � Wanting Refunds ! Please Look Here

There are hundreds of people emailing us and posting on our Face Book page asking what they should do with tickets they already bought for the show.

Unfortunately there is no short answer for a refund. REED Exhibitors has taken the stand that they will not refund any money spent on tickets prior to the show. They are also still selling tickets to unwary show goers, and advertising like crazy all over PA.

Unfortunately there will be no easy way to fight for your money back, and no guarantees you will ever see it again, if you don�t go to the show, you are simply out your hard earned money, and REED Exhibitors exec�s will stand by and thank you for your support.

One option you may have is to contact your credit card company and dispute the charges with them and demand a refund for false advertising on REEDS part. Most credit card companies will remove the charges from your bill and disputed the charge with the Payee (REED Exhibitors)

Another option is to please check with the Firearms Industry Consulting Group, (click the picture for their Face Book page) they may have some more answers for you, and possibly be organizing a class action suit against the REED Exhibitors

Contact Firearms Industry Cons. Group
Joshua Prince
646 Lenape Road
Bechtelsville, PA 19505
Phone: (610) 845-3803
Email: infoprincelaw.com
Website http://www.firearmsindustryconsultinggroup.com
Blog: http://blog.princelaw.com

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
progressive is left

Boy howdy grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Easy way out?

Exhibitors had paid deposits on space long ago; Made reservations for 9 days lodging; In many cases, stocked up on inventory specifically for the show; Made arrangements for show help and materials; And dozens of other expenses and efforts, just for the show.

They are now also out a lot of money and in many cases, it is not refundable money. Then there are any funds they would've generated at the show, now lost.

So which part of that was "easy"?

Your first clue should've been that many early defectors were archery shops and other vendors that don'e even sell firearms, let alone ARs.

An odd concept these days, but some folks still operate on a basis of having principles and standards that rise above money or making someone else feel good.

We now know who several hundred of them are, by their actions in walking away from a two faced weasel like Reed Exhibitions.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm curious to know how people make out with CC charge disputes.

Stush
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Nice next time use spell check.

Yes, easy way out. Easy to not show. What is money to them. They will make it back on the virtual show that is being set up at Mynortheastoutdoors.com and by consumers supporting them. LOL We the counsumer are losing out more. Look at all the people that have purchsed advanced tickets and possibly non refundable room reservations.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nice next time use spell check.

Yes, easy way out. Easy to not show. What is money to them. They will make it back on the virtual show that is being set up at Mynortheastoutdoors.com and by consumers supporting them. LOL We the counsumer are losing out more. Look at all the people that have purchsed advanced tickets and possibly non refundable room reservations.

I hope the hotels [bleep] you rough when you cancel.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
The "easy" way out would have been for Reed to simply tell the one retailer they claim was offended by modern sporting rifles to take a hike, and apologized for offending gun owners. Instead, they've managed to tick off thousands of gun owners and close to a hundred other retailers by trying to be "politically correct".

I hope the NSSF has the good sense to not use Reed for future SHOT Shows.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
The "easy" way out would have been for Reed to simply tell the one retailer they claim was offended by modern sporting rifles to take a hike, and apologized for offending gun owners. Instead, they've managed to tick off thousands of gun owners and close to a hundred other retailers by trying to be "politically correct".

I hope the NSSF has the good sense to not use Reed for future SHOT Shows.

I'm betting by the time this is over with, that number will be in the hundreds of thousands, maybe even more!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,801
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.