Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If you have never owned a pit than I could see why you might ask that question. But, I can tell you that this dog is a once in a lifetime type dog. And I never liked poodles.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That's probably it, TRH.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
male.

People are entitled to their opinions, your not going to change them, I'll respect them.

all i can do is be responsible for my dogs and raise them right. Petey is the mildest mannered dog I've ever owned the pup only time will tell.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've seen Labs that were calm and rock solid, and I've sen Labs that were so wound up and squirrely that they hardly ever touched the ground.
After the 101 Dalmatians movie, the breed became spectacularly popular and I heard that indiscriminate breeding flooded the market with mentally deficient Dalmatians.
Unlicensed breeders get busted mass-producing pits around here from time to time.
The difference must be in the bloodline. Seems that like any other breed, there's some whats OK, and there's some whats unfit. Trouble is, how do you know before it's too late?
Just asking...

"The catfish is a plenty good enough fish for anyone"
-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Why not just stay away from strange dogs? I would take any pit I didn't know that much more seriously, especially in my neighborhood.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Some poor little innocent person pays a horrific price for this delusional crap.

Then everyone is soooooooooooooooo sorry.

oldundertaker

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good girl Shaka! wink

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worse is readily available, this beagle pit attack victim seemed more than ample.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

My dog is no stranger to children. My girl has a 4 year old daughter and Penny and Lilly absolutely love eachother. Having said that, I'm smart enough and proactive enough to supervise them when they are together. The problem with kids and any dog is that children can often become to assertive/aggressive/etc with the dog and not know when a dog is getting aggitated. I have never seen Lilly abuse Penny and her mother and I have been very conscious of making sure that we teach Lilly how to treat and handle dogs.

In short, children require their own special attention from their parents. If you're a lousy parent, there is an endless list of things that can harm your child and the chances of your kid getting hurt are much higher if you don't take care that it doesn't.

Well I'm a good parent and I have a decent resume when it comes to knowing how to train a dog. And I shot the [bleep] out of him.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by sourmash
I've seen Labs that were calm and rock solid, and I've sen Labs that were so wound up and squirrely that they hardly ever touched the ground.
After the 101 Dalmatians movie, the breed became spectacularly popular and I heard that indiscriminate breeding flooded the market with mentally deficient Dalmatians.
Unlicensed breeders get busted mass-producing pits around here from time to time.
The difference must be in the bloodline. Seems that like any other breed, there's some whats OK, and there's some whats unfit. Trouble is, how do you know before it's too late?
Just asking...

Pointers point. Pitbulls fight.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by sourmash
Just asking...

Pointers point. Pitbulls fight.

Travis
Same could be said for lots of dog breeds, e.g., wolfhounds.

I love Pitbulls because of their happy go lucky, never met a stranger, personalities, combined with their deterrence factor when viewed from the other side of a fence with a locked gate. They're the poor man's estate mastiff.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Same could be said for lots of dog breeds, e.g., wolfhounds.

I love Pitbulls because of their happy go lucky, never met a stranger, personalities, combined with their deterrence factor when viewed from the other side of a fence with a locked gate. They're the poor man's estate mastiff.

You should think first, type second.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Travis
Did I misspell something?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

No. You're typing out your ass. More so than usual.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Travis

No. You're typing out your ass. More so than usual.

Travis
Oh, you mean there's something in my post you don't agree with?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Roscoe is 15 years old half pit, half boxer. He only wants to bite a biscuit, or a cookie if my wife is baking them.I will say that out of his litter, he is the only one still alive. his brothers were mean and raised to be that way, All died at very young ages from lead poisoning or road rash. He has been treated like one of the kids and will be missed when he passes. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by amax155
Roscoe is 15 years old half pit, half boxer. He only wants to bite a biscuit, or a cookie if my wife is baking them.I will say that out of his litter, he is the only one still alive. his brothers were mean and raised to be that way, All died at very young ages from lead poisoning or road rash. He has been treated like one of the kids and will be missed when he passes. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Great looking fella. Just goes to show it's all how they're raised.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We don't need ANY laws regulating these infernal animals,,,or laws preventing us from shooting them on sight either...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poisoning a pitbull is an honorable undertaking, providing that shooting is not an option.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

My dog is no stranger to children. My girl has a 4 year old daughter and Penny and Lilly absolutely love eachother. Having said that, I'm smart enough and proactive enough to supervise them when they are together. The problem with kids and any dog is that children can often become to assertive/aggressive/etc with the dog and not know when a dog is getting aggitated. I have never seen Lilly abuse Penny and her mother and I have been very conscious of making sure that we teach Lilly how to treat and handle dogs.

In short, children require their own special attention from their parents. If you're a lousy parent, there is an endless list of things that can harm your child and the chances of your kid getting hurt are much higher if you don't take care that it doesn't.

Well I'm a good parent and I have a decent resume when it comes to knowing how to train a dog. And I shot the [bleep] out of him.

Travis

Spot! Lay Down! BANG!!! Good Boy.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

728 members (10Glocks, 12savage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 79 invisible), 3,014 guests, and 1,515 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,737
Posts18,475,993
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.