Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Originally Posted by eyeball
Naw, he's just building jaw muscles. wink grin

HER jaw muskles are perty dagone strong. And I aint gonna lie, she knows it. But, thankfully she is a sweetheart as anyone who has met her will attest.

Just a couple days ago I was with some friends playing football and celebrating spring break. We keep a chewed up football as a toy for her. You can swing her around by her mouth, no problem. Have you ever seen a dog wag its tail while at the same time not touching the ground. Pretty cool. smile

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
But will a great white win over a silverback gorilla?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gmsemel
My neighbor has two, while I don't particularly like the breed, I don't care that he has them. The only time I see them around is when I am grilling steak, like most dogs they want a piece of the action! I grill some sausage at the same time, Its cheap and the dogs like it.

This is called "Classical Conditioning", as in the famous Pavlov's Dogs experiment. You're training dogs to expect a treat when they smell a steak on a grill. I really hope they don't expect a sausage in my back yard and get PO'ed when they don't get one... and I hope it doesn't happen to any of your neighbors, either.

And as far as comparing dogs and guns, nobody ever had to chase their gun down the street to keep it from doing something on its own.

Just My .02

"The catfish is a plenty good enough fish for anyone"
-Mark Twain
"Democracy is the worst form of government except for all those others that have been tried."
~ Winston Churchill

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
a wolf will kill a pitbull first everytime

So will a bad hog. The pitbull makes it so easy.

The bastard just grabs an ear - which is expendable as far as the hog is concerned - and goes to sleep. His last thought is likely to be:

"This sumbitch has teeth on the OUTSIDE....... that ain't fair."

If a pitbull could catch up to a group of javalinas, he would end up as a paraplegic. Most dogs disengage as soon as they lose the first hind leg.

Anything a pitbull can do can be done better bt another breed............. 'cept killing his own kind and maiming little kids and old folks.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My grandad had a big old cur like old yeller when I was a little kid. The east Texas piney woods were mostly un fenced timber company lands and cattle roamed at will in the 'open range'. Once when Bugger was at the farm house instead of out killing hogs or or something, we saw a big dog coming down the white sand country road on another foray for one of our chickens. Grandad stood up, pointed down the road and sicced Bugger who took off like greased lightening. The two dogs closed as fast as they could, crashing into each other. The other dog seemed to just fall at the brief encounter and died there in the road. The coup de grace having been accomplished faster than the eye could see.

Last edited by eyeball; 03/17/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ol' Yeller in the book was a Blackmouth Cur.

The dog in the movie was a pound pickup.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The only problem I see with equating a dislike of any particular breed of dog with the anti-gun arguments is that I don't recall ever reading of anyone's rifle escaping from the safe and killing or maiming anyone.

NRA Endowment Member, Life since 1978
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 1234, 64 invisible), 3,282 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,750
Posts18,476,179
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.