-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i keep some but throw most back, unless its going on the wall i usually toss the bigger ones back cause more often than not they are the breeding females....well unless i havent caught anything else all day and feel like fish for supper....but in all reality i prefer beef to fish so i catch way more fish than im ever going to eat so 90% get tossed back regardless....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
I quit the hunting channel after about two shows, and that was a long time ago. miles

yeah, I never even got started...

'here I am... sneaking up on this deer... with my 5 man camera team.... and it doesn't seem to hear us..'

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Simple [bleep] really.... Next?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Every time a fishing show comes on it is always catch and release.

Quit being a [bleep] Nance and keep what you catch.

Sincerely,

A concerned and avid fisherman

I don't have my television set hooked-up to any pay-service, it's just for playing movies. I think that I've eliminated a lot of stress from my life by doing that. YMMV.

I do cheat, though: when I visit my Mother I set her DVR to record Formula 1 races and watch them a week or two later the next time I visit smile

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't see the point in pulling the damn things in if you're not going to eat them. Some of them pull pretty hard.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm going to cancel my outdoor package. Most of the hunting shows suck,the fishing shows suck,i don't even watch them anymore so i'm going ditch them.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm sick of all the FISHING on the hunting channel. I could care less about fishing. Then there's the guys that sit in the same old tree on the same old food plot and shoot the same deer which is always standing in the same place after the guy goes "urrp" to make him stop walking. Then the deer is shot with the same compound bow and then we get the heavy breathing and a five minute orgasm with a fist pump.

If it was not for a couple of the African hunts they show, I would quit it cold. Hell, even most of the African shows suck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I release all that live.
If I want to eat fish, I prefer fur burger.
Just sayin.

To the original op.
Most outdoor shows suck, not just fishing ones.
They are really just infomercials.
But if you can't sleep or it's 20 below with a 40 mph norther' it beats chess.

Have Dog

Will Travel

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love to fish but hardly ever eat them. 99.99% of my fishing is catch and release. It doesn't bother me to see a show that does that same.

In simple economics, it is better for me to buy my fish at the store. But I just like catching them.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I release 99% of them too. I'm not a fan of most freshwater species and I'm not prone to keep more than I can eat in a meal or 3. Prefer fish fresh, not frozen.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RAS
I love to fish but hardly ever eat them. 99.99% of my fishing is catch and release. It doesn't bother me to see a show that does that same.

In simple economics, it is better for me to buy my fish at the store. But I just like catching them.

RAS

^^^^^^^^

That.

I used to like fish, and as a poor college student didnt have much choice but to keep them. I finally ate my share and frankly hope to never see a fish on a plate again!

However, my wife likes them once in awhile, so they dont always live to fight another day.... whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They had "colleges" back in the caveman era?
How did you throw back a beached whale, then?
I'd keep it.

Have Dog

Will Travel

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Liked Pigman for awhile.

I did too. He doesn't do much pig whacking. I'm done with it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
FNG Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Keep salmon during the fall run (for winter consumption) and occasionally a lake trout or two. Everything else is catch and release.

I guess the op misses the "good 'ol days", like when the Cuyahoga River caught fire...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1. Well-done outdoors TV programming, hell, any programming, is rare. You've my empathy (said f-it and disconnected directTV last month, don't miss it), but this is not news.

2. What's wrong with catch/release for fun if you're not going to eat them all, and the fish is in good health?

3. We all need to vent at times, but your bitch-dial is pegged at "11", isn't it? Turn off the TV, go do something. You'll feel better, pretty much guaranteed.

4. grin

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Every time a fishing show comes on it is always catch and release.

Quit being a [bleep] Nance and keep what you catch.

Sincerely,

A concerned and avid fisherman

Apparantly you're an imbecile and have no clue what it takes to produce a trophy pike or walleye.

Some fish should be kept such as salmon....but for trophy game fish on inland lakes, catch and release is becoming the law......and for damn good reason!

Go ahead and score me a capital 'I' there VD, trophy fish go next to the trophy taters and hush puppies, they screw, they'll fertilize more.

OP, I can't/won't watch any of that dramatized horsechit.

Gunner

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I got rid of both of my TVs a month ago. My cable bill dropped from $123/month to $39/month.

I get all of my news from the 24HC.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
OP, I can't/won't watch any of that dramatized horsechit.
Gunner

Then, why, pray tell, are you on 24hrcampfire?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Knowledge.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate all fishing shows period and don't watch much of the hunting any longer , all these people who hunt nothing but high priced ranch and game farm who really believe they are experts, especially the 20 years old's so called experts , make me laugh .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 21, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,663
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.