Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Rule 1) You can't help anybody else if you're dead.

You can't help the innocent neighbor if he's dead, either. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by isaac
Isn't self preservation the natural human condition?

Tragic? Of course. Understandable? Yes.

Nope some of these fools think we should let the bad guys shoot atbusbfirst then ask them if its ok to return fire

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
He could have helped himself,considering normal circumstances. If not normal circumstances, tragedies happen with no real fault.

Last edited by isaac; 05/30/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'm not LEO baiting, but more and more it seems that...

Protect = protect my own ass first

Serve = Serve the self-serving government animal first

This has become the prevalent perception, for whatever reason.

Prevalent perception in some circles, no doubt. But perception ain't always reality. Just saying.

Nope, not always for sure. I have to say that in my lifetime I've been seeing a lot more innocent people shot by LE. Maybe we're seeing more due to the internet and a much smaller world, where word about anything/everything gets out immediately, everywhere. That could lead to the perception.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I agree but to the failed cadets and beanie wienies here that jist isnt possible. Hollywood says so

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Cops respond to a burglary across the street and the old guy responds too...carrying his pistol. Word is, he refused to drop it and waved it around with two rookie cops drawn down on him.

The article does not say that........where did you get that info?

Is it fact or are you you stating a possible scenario?

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Nope some of these fools think we should let the bad guys shoot atbusbfirst then ask them if its ok to return fire

Like this 72 year old street thug? smirk

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Judging from the confines of a protected environment is the normal human condition, as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That wasn't an article, that was a blog.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
What the cops need to learn to do is back away and figure things out -not start shooting .

Except its OUR job to be there not his, he should have put his weapon down. He placed himself in a bad situation. Its a trajic trajic situation all around for ALL concerned. But until YOU have walked in our ahoes the best thing to do is STFU

By that reasoning, YOU have no right to make an observation that the donuts are greasy unless you have cooked in a donut shop. And cops should only be tried by a jury made up of cops.

THAT ridiculous assertion- that the taxpaying citizens have no right to criticize cops - loses LE more support on this forum than any other one thing.

The rookie cops got scared and shot the old man.

They had to be STUPID before they could be scared enough to start shooting. Our troops, involved in a war, are held to higher standard than THAT.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

Only if we assume that the general public has the same right to shoot the police..

30 years ago 73 year old guys didn't get gunned down by the police and police weren't being shot at by 73 year old armed guys just checking stuff out.

Last edited by HawkI; 05/30/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So cops can shoot anyone with a firearm? Hell, I've been in combat zones with more strict ROE.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Like this 72 year old street thug? smirk

No. I feel terrible for that mannand his family. As well as those officers
I am talkingbdirectlybabout persons here such as TRH and others who i seriously doubt have ever had tonpoint a loaded weapon at another human being, yet think taking a life is some decision as easy as deciding what to put in your coffee. The first time i had to draw on a person i was left with a deep gut wrenching sick feeling afterwards. I couldnt imagine and hope to hell i never have to experience the aftermath of actually shooting someone. But hey. The campfire commandos inbthis thread seem to think its a walk in the park and all cops wanna do is shoot people

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by KR13
So cops can shoot anyone with a firearm? Hell, I've been in combat zones with more strict ROE.

If someone accosts you and is holding a firearm and you draw and tell them to drop it and they dont what will YOU do

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think many believe LE is too quick to shoot. I wonder this myself a lot anymore.

I doubt that the old man accosted anyone. He might not hear well or got confused. I know at 66 my reactions to things like this are not nearly as quick as when I was in my 20's/30's.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hand them a Tootsie Roll. Nobody can resist a Tootsie Roll and then we would be friends forever.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Also, I feel awfully bad for these young men. It will be with them forever and might ruin lives...theirs and those of the people who are close to them.

It's sad for everyone...tragic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KR13

If someone accosts you and is holding a firearm and you draw and tell them to drop it and they dont what will YOU do

So he "Accosted" them now..?

I can see 95% of the folks on this forum doing exactly what this old man did, being neighborly.

More than likely, he was trying to tell the cops he lived in the house behind the driveway in which he was standing when the cops felt "threatened" and ended his life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
That wasn't an article, that was a blog.

OK, but nonetheless, where did LT get his info?

From the officers? Witness report? Conjecture?

I would surely not expect the officers to say anything less as there would have to be some justification......would you?

MM

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I can see 95% of the folks on this forum doing exactly what this old man did
==========

Really? I see less than one-half of one percent doing such a thing.

William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

443 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 32 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,453
Posts18,529,031
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.