[Linked Image]

grin grin

I noticed it as well.. frown

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
As was said, it's an affliction, I have a dead nuts Mathews Black Max 2 that does most anything a man could with archery tackle, saw that beautiful Montana Whip Longbow and went to rubber-legged chit.

It was on the brown truck headed for Okleehoma in short order. crazy

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
As was said, it's an affliction, I have a dead nuts Mathews Black Max 2 that does most anything a man could with archery tackle, saw that beautiful Montana Whip Longbow and went to rubber-legged chit.

Gunner

To be fair.. one has wheels on it.

To me that is a difference.. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was trying to keep from drooling over that beautiful rack LMAO. Im a professional bow tuner and cant help but notice those things. Comes with the territory I guess

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner

To be fair.. one has wheels on it.

To me that is a difference.. grin

Enough of a difference to roll ink, eh? smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
I was trying to keep from drooling over that beautiful rack LMAO. Im a professional bow tuner and cant help but notice those things. Comes with the territory I guess

After the initial thoughts crossed mind I heard "Her nose is touching the string, DL is to long" Stupid little voices in my head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont get all bent outta shape over a nose not touching the string. That becomes less common with todays short ATA bows. Long as there is a repeatable anchor point, and form and posture are correct, and DL is correct, sling em down range

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a beautiful Matthews Heli M with drop away rest, 8 point truglo sights but I too pick up another one from time to time, just because! LOL. I do get mine off E-bay or second hand. Why pay retail? Check out this 2013 Bowtech, CPX, insanity! Cheaper then buying the one you saw for $1,000.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Bowtec..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4610beb2dc

Last edited by slideaction; 07/06/13.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
That's a great deal if someone gets it for under 600.

I made my mind up to buy a new-to-me bow. I'm looking at another Mathews or Bowtech like the Insanity.

I'm gonna try a one pin sight this time, something like HHA OL-5519

[Linked Image]

I don't like the damage my Whisker Biscuit was doing to my fletching, so I may go with a Octane--

[Linked Image]

Anyone have any feedback on these - good or bad? Thanks

Last edited by RogueHunter; 07/07/13.

- Rogue
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Check out the Matthews Chill. Not as powerful as their older monster bows, but at 3.5 pounds with double smooth cams, it's a smokin hot bow. I'd like to get that one pin sight myself but as far as rests go, I will only use a drop away. I like the QAD ultra rest!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks Slide.

I've had my Outback since 05. I find it interesting that all of the technology Mathews shunned back in the day (split limbs, dual cams) is now front and center. I wanted to try something different, and really like the feel of the BT Experience.

I shot the Experience and Insanity side by side the other day, and both are sweet shooting bows. My groups opened up at 40 yards more with the Insanity, most likely due to the 6" brace height. Speed really wasn't an issue, since the Experience tends to shoot faster than advertised. Pro said there is only about 10 fps difference between the 2. Both throw arrows like laser beams.

I'm gonna go the shop this afternoon and shoot one more time. I will give the Chill a look.

I do like the drop away rest, altho I do not like anything tethered to the string. I have a TrapDoor rest that is motion activated dropaway - I love that rest, but not practical for hunting - hence the Hostage Pro.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, so I will probably go with the HHA, with the 4x lens insert. Pricey, but buy once and done.

- Rogue
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
Thanks Slide.

I've had my Outback since 05. I find it interesting that all of the technology Mathews shunned back in the day (split limbs, dual cams) is now front and center. I wanted to try something different, and really like the feel of the BT Experience.

I just sold my Outback and elected for a new Creed. I have to say I'm loving it (also my first drop away rest QAD) wow I should have switched long ago.

West Kentucky Boy
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

I'm gonna try a one pin sight this time, something like HHA OL-5519

[Linked Image]

I don't like the damage my Whisker Biscuit was doing to my fletching, so I may go with a Octane--

[Linked Image]

Anyone have any feedback on these - good or bad? Thanks

HHA sight - great sight, love it on the range, not so much in the stand. The adjustments are solid and repeatable, the pin is bright. BUT, I see myself as the guy "who forgot to adjust the range" in the stand when the basket buck is coming in...seen it happen on the archery 3-D enough to make me think it's a problem.

Octane rest - used one for two years, like the idea, saves the fletchings, very easy to adjust and center...but starts going out of adjustment as soon as you shoot the first arrow through it. The arrow weight/wear is on the bottom brushes, so the first arrow is wearing them down from the first shot. I was getting about 100-150 shots before I needed to make minor adjustments, but by 450-500 shots, I really needed to look at a new bottom brush. At the time, the brushes were a BE-AT-ACH to find anywhere.

I still keep one in the tackle box as a backup arrow rest for hunting as I know I can set it up, it's foregiving enough to field swap, and I'll be able to continue hunting in about 30 minutes.

I went to a VaporTrail Limbdriver Pro-V, and haven't looked back. Tried the QADs, Drop-Zone, NAP Apache, and have a AAE DOA mounted on a Mathews Z-7. When the DOA fails, it will get replaced with another Pro-V.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm gonna go the shop this afternoon and shoot one more time. I will give the Chill a look.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, so I will probably go with the HHA, with the 4x lens insert. Pricey, but buy once and done.

If you are looking at the Chill and the price tag, take a look at the Mission Ballistic.

http://missionarchery.com/product/ballistic/

http://mathewsinc.com/product/chill/#specs

Per my Mathews dealer, same bow design, the Mission is a few ounces heavier and similiar speeds at substantial savings. Just a thought...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't mess with any of those bristles that "hang on to the arrow" ....you go to an effective zero brace height. That is just wrong and will mess with your head when you get flyers or other weird stuff that you cannot explain begins to happen.

Stop fooling with the "stuff" that is just barely getting you there. Buy a QAD or similar competitive brand. I'm not a brand specific guy so choose the company that trips your trigger. Just use that type/design/ feature set.

It's the serious game in town right now for rests. save the grief and time you will have with anything else.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you like the Bowtechs, find you an Invasion to shoot. Yes its a '11 or '12 bow, but its the cream of the crop. Speed, forgiveness, tuneability, smooth, balances like no other. For us tuners that prefer Bowtechs, the Invasion is king. The mass weight on the Experience and Insanity were deal killers. I like a bow with some weight, but prefer to put that weight where i need it. Not add more to something thats heavy already to get it to balance. Havent played with one yet but Bowtech just released the Carbon Knight. 3.2#, carbon riser, 7" BH, 330 IBO and MSRP of $849. Should be a tad less actual price

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

HHA sight - great sight, love it on the range, not so much in the stand. The adjustments are solid and repeatable, the pin is bright. BUT, I see myself as the guy "who forgot to adjust the range" in the stand when the basket buck is coming in...seen it happen on the archery 3-D enough to make me think it's a problem.

Octane rest - used one for two years, like the idea, saves the fletchings, very easy to adjust and center...but starts going out of adjustment as soon as you shoot the first arrow through it. The arrow weight/wear is on the bottom brushes, so the first arrow is wearing them down from the first shot. I was getting about 100-150 shots before I needed to make minor adjustments, but by 450-500 shots, I really needed to look at a new bottom brush. At the time, the brushes were a BE-AT-ACH to find anywhere.

I still keep one in the tackle box as a backup arrow rest for hunting as I know I can set it up, it's foregiving enough to field swap, and I'll be able to continue hunting in about 30 minutes.

I went to a VaporTrail Limbdriver Pro-V, and haven't looked back. Tried the QADs, Drop-Zone, NAP Apache, and have a AAE DOA mounted on a Mathews Z-7. When the DOA fails, it will get replaced with another Pro-V. [/quote]

Thanks - I wanted to try a single pin - and the reason I was interested in the Experience in the first place was the speed, so I am hoping 1 pin should do me to 30, and then hold over to 40-45 yds. I don't think I'd take a shot past 50 - at least not without more practice.

- Rogue
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
HHA is a good choice to start with IMO.

I prefer a seperate pin for 20 to 50 yards, just works better for me.

My hunting limit is 40 yards, unless it's a tree rat, then fair game - especially if he's annoying.

I practice out to 60 yards for confidence in the short ranges.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AH64guy
HHA is a good choice to start with IMO.

I prefer a seperate pin for 20 to 50 yards, just works better for me.

My hunting limit is 40 yards, unless it's a tree rat, then fair game - especially if he's annoying.

I practice out to 60 yards for confidence in the short ranges.

That's good advice right there.

- Rogue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know, before I bought this trijicon single pin the G5 is that the right name? was calling me.

It has two pins, one for 20 yards fixed, and the other adjustable for what ever you want. This idea is brilliant IMO.

Two pins one fixed one adjustable is definitely the best of both worlds

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,971
Posts18,519,772
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.