Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

John Colter was a wimp!!!

And could he string two sentences together? grin

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is like one of those Bourne novels, will Formy discover his own identity by the time he leaves Montana?

Last edited by 338Rem; 11/27/13.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Log Cutter is in prison??? For what??????

For lacing Sam's Bud Light with antifreeze.....

Jayco cry

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
LOL Well apparently you didn't put enough in it! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kinser
LOL Well apparently you didn't put enough in it! grin

Sam beds she griz for sport.....gonna take more than a lil antifreeze to kill him.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logcutter
Log Cutter is in prison??? For what??????

For lacing Sam's Bud Light with antifreeze.....

Jayco cry

[Linked Image]

SamO got roofied by logcutter? WOW! I feel for you Sam...

Formid- Please keep up the story. I'm diggin' it.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Awesome story, can't wait to read more. It is truly amazing what a guy can do when he puts his mind to it.

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- Dale Carnegie
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
Originally Posted by snubbie
At the rate he's going, his hunting career is going to be a short, albeit exciting, one.

I think he'll be all right

Until he breaks a leg, twists an ankle, gets perforated by a stob on a trunk buried in the snow, steps in a varmint hole, ....

Snubbie is right. It's like driving drunk.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by shrapnel

John Colter was a wimp!!!

Ha,ha. Yeah.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
I'm not doubting this dude's hardcorness, but exaggeration is afoot me thinks.

Going up and over two 1500 foot ridges then up another 2000 feet in an hour and a half, while eating no real food but a twix in the last 24 hours would test the absolute best athletes in the world.

Not to mention the cliff jumping scene. Good story regardless...

5000 vertical up in an hour in snow with a 60 lb pack on his back, and for a 4x4.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can tell he's a real man because he brings energy drinks and candy bars cool

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yeah. I'm not saying the story is false, but I wouldn't recommend it for the associated risks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rl11
Originally Posted by Tanner
Originally Posted by rl11
I think I believe about five words of the whole story, but I can't wait for the rest regardless.

There's always the one guy that will call BS... Hilarious.

Awesome story FormD. I'd also like to hear a gear review when you get the time.

Tanner

I'll just stay quiet then and wait for the part where he takes out a pack of ninjas and stops to warm up a lost, shivering Kate Upton on the way to head-butting his elk to death.

If he leaves poor lost Kate to go head butt a bull we'll know the story is B.S.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is the rest of the story:

Just as I put the cross-hairs on the elk, I wake up. Kate Upton opens the door, get on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Wow! I have a buddy that I used to think was full of schit - by comparison he doesn't hold a candle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yeah. I'm not saying the story is false, but I wouldn't recommend it for the associated risks.

Hi Eye-; I agree. Formd's is a good story teller at minimum but if all is true, and I'll take him at his word at this point, this is best done with a buddy, and minus that, a least sat phone. You know, so they find you before spring.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
see, ya'll ran him off. way to go...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While I think that there is some exaggeration in a lot of the accounts of the story, I really don't thing Formid is making up stories about his hunt.

The only things I know about Formid are what I can glean from his posts here on the 'fire. Most of his input is thoughtful and accurate. I think he's a quality dude.

From what I can gather, and I hope he chimes in and either confirms or denies, this hunt may be his first elk hunt or any hunt in the Western US. I think he lives in the Southern US like Georgia or Tennessee. I'm guessing he was so excited about the hunt and adventure that he just went all out to kill an elk; any elk.

While the accounts he shares seem over-the-top to some and things that most of us would never put ourselves through to kill a raghorn bull, I bet Formid was so fired-up about being in Montana on an elk hunt that he thought he had to do what he had to do to get it done. smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I will be glad when he continues with the story and it doesn't matter if its true or a lie, he keeps you setting on the edge of your chair.

Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
While I think that there is some exaggeration in a lot of the accounts of the story, I really don't thing Formid is making up stories about his hunt.

The only things I know about Formid are what I can glean from his posts here on the 'fire. Most of his input is thoughtful and accurate. I think he's a quality dude.

From what I can gather, and I hope he chimes in and either confirms or denies, this hunt may be his first elk hunt or any hunt in the Western US. I think he lives in the Southern US like Georgia or Tennessee. I'm guessing he was so excited about the hunt and adventure that he just went all out to kill an elk; any elk.

While the accounts he shares seem over-the-top to some and things that most of us would never put ourselves through to kill a raghorn bull, I bet Formid was so fired-up about being in Montana on an elk hunt that he thought he had to do what he had to do to get it done. smile

Umm, maybe so. In any case, I'll hit the "quiet" button on the BS meter and patiently wait and hope, along with everyone else, for the rest of the story.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (219DW, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,666
Posts18,513,054
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.