Hop To
Page 28 of 67 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 66 67
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BarryC

Actually, I'm asking you to think.

I am currently thing that you are one of the wounded creatures that cannot stand on your own feet before God.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Should they have stayed home, or instead, gone to church and prayed?
You're employing the logical fallacy known as the false dichotomy or false dilemma. The possibility also exists for members of those organizations to stop doing their deeds for the glory of said organizations and start doing them for the glory of God, in which case they'd have merit before God.

So the only form of charity you condone is that done in the name of the Christian God?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're employing the logical fallacy known as the false dichotomy or false dilemma. The possibility also exists for members of those organizations to stop doing their deeds for the glory of said organizations and start doing them for the glory of God, in which case they'd have merit before God.

man you sure preach human nature until it goes against something you disagree with....

and like everything you will sit at home and complain about this conspiracy and that and never actually do anything with your life.....mean while the guys you complain about will do more good in a month and help more people than you will in a lifetime....pretty phuggin sad really.....

human nature, all actions are selfish but that does not make those actions bad automatically.....yeah i did it because it made me feel good but it also made a huge difference in some peoples lives that would have had a severe struggle otherwise.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I am currently thing that you are one of the wounded creatures that cannot stand on your own feet before God.

Can any of us?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Can any of us?

I can sure as heck talk to God on my own terms without some filthy perverted rock spider having to intervene on my behalf.

Can't you?

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

So the only form of charity you condone is that done in the name of the Christian God?
What does it matter what I condone? Where have I said that? I speak of what God has communicated to us in Sacred Scripture. God thinks little of charity done for the glorification of pagan "gods" and occult organizations.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
There seems to be a general problem with Man, mixing up Truth with personalities and action.

For instance, "because (insert famous, honorable person here) does it, therefore the (group, philosophy, or religion) is good."

And

"(Insert despicable person here) was a low-life scum bag who raped boys. Therefore the (group, philosophy, or religion) is evil."

What this totally misses is the imperfection of Man. It is worshiping a false god. The Truth is the only thing that should be worshiped - The Truth as in Jesus Christ who is THE Truth, THE Light and THE Way. I won't get into it right now who/what has the best handle on what actually is The Truth and The Way of Jesus, but needless to say that even though Jesus' hand picked disciples, like some modern priests, were terrible sinners (think about what Judas did) does not diminish The Truth.

Well said; and the reverse is also true.

I don't know that I've been personally close to a Mason or other Lodge/secret society member before and don't care; it is quite beside the point in my mind.

I know (morally) great people inside & outside the Church, the a Masons, the Republican Party, and Conservative ideology. Many of them here. Just because you don't agree with me on certain things doesn't mean that I condemn you as an individual.

I know people who are avowed Atheists & are much "better people" than me, to my shame. Doesn't mean I'm clamoring to become an Atheist.

Interesting to me that this post of Barry's, which flies in the face of so many emotionally driven posts here, got no responses.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well this was a waste of an hour to read. The original poster just asked a simple question and well the rest is history. As for me, well my father was a Free Mason. Funny thing about my father, he and I never agreed to much of anything. My brother on the other hand was more or less when the path of least resistance. My Father died when I was 12. he was 73 at the time. I became a Free Mason myself at the Age of 32 and took my three degrees in Sept (EA) Oct (FC) and Nov(MM)of 1987. some 26 years ago. My father never talk much about lodge other than pointed out the lodge in town where he lived, Dad and mom divorced before I was born for reasons to this day is not clear, Mom died in 1976. I latter found out thru the Grand Lodge of Connecticut where my father was a member. Well he was entered pasted and raised a Master Mason at the age of 32, in Sept Oct and Nov in the year 1927. We both took our degrees with in a day of each other some 60 years apart. Since becoming a Mason in 1987 I had made the journey to the East and Sat as Master of a lodge in 1996, I have traveled the York Rite path and I am a Knights Templar, and then the MOVPER and The Sword of Bunker Hill. I have sat in lodges in many states and provinces of Canada. And over seas too. Once visited a lodge in California, and most of the guys worked at the local Prison. They took me for a tour of that Jail, Pelican Island, I saw Charlie Manson , he was there at the time, scary degenerate. I sat with Grand Masters of the Grand Lodge of Mexico and Grandmasters of the Grand lodge of England, my best friend and the one who signed my petition to join the lodge was and is the Grand Lodge of England's representative to the Grand Lodge of Connecticut. I don't care what TRH has to say about it, he is the last person I would seek approval or justification from. I don't go to lodge much these days, due to some personal hard ships. I did learn to enjoy single malt scotch, its and acquired taste from my then Senior Warden when I sat in the East. The Brothers here know as for the rest of you I could care less.

Last edited by gmsemel; 12/09/13.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems I remember reading of a time the Pope brought jihad on all those that were not Catholic

Convert or die by God's sword.......

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Then we have this......I am a Templar Knight of York

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Ted, I don't understand. Is that a Masonic organization, or is it subject to the Pope?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Ted, I don't understand. Is that a Masonic organization, or is it subject to the Pope?
They used to be subject to the Pope, but were condemned by the Pope on accusations of occultism.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

They used to be subject to the Pope, but were condemned by the Pope on accusations of occultism.

Translation, they had something the church wanted.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There were many condemned by the Pope's throughout time

The Catholic church's paths are paved with the dead who didn't see it his way

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Translation, they had something the church wanted.

yep Rome wanted the wealth they had amassed, best way to get it was to condemn them, try and kill them and confiscate it as a spoil of war

Last edited by rattler; 12/09/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You might recognize the shield

Hollywood loves to mis-use it

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
There were many condemned by the Pope's throughout time

The Catholic church's paths are paved with the dead who didn't see it his way

Like the Reformers of Protestantism...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You might recognize the shield

Hollywood loves to mis-use it

I think I've seen this knight before... wink

[Linked Image]

Page 28 of 67 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 222Sako, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,298
Posts18,487,062
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.