"Even so, come Lord Jesus". Rev. 22:20

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
� And today there is no room for Him in many "churches."

One of my long-time-favorite anecdotes is about dear Negro Brother Sam, who was fervently dedicated to Jesus and fervently longed for fellowship with other Christians.

The only church in his area was a white folks' church, where he'd love to join the worship but knew that he wasn't welcome there. So he'd wait in the brush until everybody went inside, then he'd settle under a window and from there listen to the scripture-reading and the sermon, sing the hymns, etc � always wishing, of course, that he could be inside with the others.

One Sunday morning, he was startled to feel an arm laid across his shoulders. He looked around, and there stood Jesus beside him.

"Don't feel bad, Brother," Jesus said. "I've wanted to be in there ever since they built the place."

And every single person in the building confessed with their mouth and believed with their heart...

Matt 7:21

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By: Ken Howell
Originally Posted By: Bigbuck215

One of my long-time-favorite anecdotes is about dear Negro Brother Sam, who was fervently dedicated to Jesus and fervently longed for fellowship with other Christians.

The only church in his area was a white folks' church, where he'd love to join the worship but knew that he wasn't welcome there. So he'd wait in the brush until everybody went inside, then he'd settle under a window and from there listen to the scripture-reading and the sermon, sing the hymns, etc � always wishing, of course, that he could be inside with the others.

One Sunday morning, he was startled to feel an arm laid across his shoulders. He looked around, and there stood Jesus beside him.

"Don't feel bad, Brother," Jesus said. "I've wanted to be in there ever since they built the place."

And every single person in the building confessed with their mouth and believed with their heart...

Matt 7:21

Great answer!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

Great story.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I would not attend a church that would not welcome someone ao another race just because of their race. That kind of hate is just not a part of my life.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
Great answer!
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Matthew 7:22,23

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ringman
Great answer!
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Matthew 7:22,23

And that ^^ is what scares me. Time and time again I said on here about me not going to church, me undecided on being baptized...one day im going to stand up front and I dont know for sure if He's gonna wrap His arms around me, or show me the door. frown Me saying I love Him with all my heart every night might not be enough.

Last edited by pahick; 12/22/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
pahick,

And that ^^ is what scares me. Time and time again I said on here about me not going to church, me undecided on being baptized...one day im going to stand up front and I dont know for sure if He's gonna wrap His arms around me, or show me the door. frown Me saying I love Him with all my heart every night might not be enough.

It is not enough. If you love Him with all your heart you will obey Him. Jesus is the One Who wrap arms around. He says,

Matthew 28: 18-20

"And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, 'All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'�

Mark 16:15-16

"And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.'"

John 14:15

�'If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.'"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
By being baptized you are identifying with the death, burial and resurrections of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. You die out to sin by repentance, being submerged in water, raised up to began a new life in Christ Jesus. That's not saying you'll ever achieve being perfect as He was in this life because you want. Christ was the only one that was perfect.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks. Your replied to a thread I had on the subject, as many others have. I am slowly coming around. I want to do it for the right reasons. Because I need to. In the back of my head, I still have the image of the thief on the cross being saved, without being baptized. That part has me going in circles on the subject. Ive never been more honest when I say I want His love. I need His love. I just dont wanna make mistakes, or do things just because. Hate to say this, but hope you understand my confusion. And Thanks. I appreciate it.

Sorry for getting away from the OP.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pahick
Thanks. Your replied to a thread I had on the subject, as many others have. I am slowly coming around. I want to do it for the right reasons. Because I need to. In the back of my head, I still have the image of the thief on the cross being saved, without being baptized. That part has me going in circles on the subject. Ive never been more honest when I say I want His love. I need His love. I just dont wanna make mistakes, or do things just because. Hate to say this, but hope you understand my confusion. And Thanks. I appreciate it.

The thief on the cross died under the old covenant, not the new. The new covenant didn't actually begin till Jesus defeated death through his resurrection. Baptism wasn't required under the old covenant, so the thief didn't require it. He went to the same location as went Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc., and was released into heaven when Jesus resurrected from the dead, or at least some time between Jesus' death on the cross and his resurrection.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Judging only from the words in the posts on this thread, I'm of the opinion that you are in a better place, spiritually speaking, than some of the bible thumping posters.

Baptism, like all the other sacraments, are for OUR benefit, not God's.

If they add to our spiritual lives, they are good. If, as in many cases, they lead to pride, then they are better left alone.

Sounds to me like your confusion stems from trying to get something you already have........... a relationship with the God that made you.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
"...whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: a virgin's womb and an empty tomb. Jesus entered our world through a door marked "No Entrance" and left through a door marked "No Exit."

That first Christmas, there was no room for Him in the inn. The world never wants to make room for Christ at Christmas and in everyday life. Man killed Him and sealed the tomb with a huge stone to shut Him out of our lives once and for all. But God removed the stone to prove Jesus will not be shut up or shut out of His plans.

One day Jesus will intrude on history again.

The world was looking for a King when they got a Lamb. Few understood what was happening at the time. Only after Pentecost and the Holy Spirit showing them what had taken place did they have Spiritual insight to what they had seen in the flesh. It was Spiritual hindsight and inspiration that became the basis for the Gospels and NT.

Looking for a King, getting a Lamb...

We've become complacent with the Lamb, now we're fixing to get a King. We won't be any more ready for that than first Century people were prepared for what happened back then. Only through the Spirit can we know as we are known. All this is foolishness to the natural man, anyway.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Don't forget Cornelius and his family. The whole bunch of them were saved, filled with the Spirit and speaking in tongues without benefit of baptism. That came later. Not much later, but still after the fact. They were clearly saved by faith, not baptism.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Don't forget Cornelius and his family. The whole bunch of them were saved, filled with the Spirit and speaking in tongues without benefit of baptism. That came later. Not much later, but still after the fact. They were clearly saved by faith, not baptism.
They were sanctified by faith, for sure, but baptism is necessary for salvation, says Jesus. I'm not going to argue with Jesus over that. I'll leave that to braver souls, if they choose to.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
"...whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: a virgin's womb and an empty tomb. Jesus entered our world through a door marked "No Entrance" and left through a door marked "No Exit."

That first Christmas, there was no room for Him in the inn. The world never wants to make room for Christ at Christmas and in everyday life. Man killed Him and sealed the tomb with a huge stone to shut Him out of our lives once and for all. But God removed the stone to prove Jesus will not be shut up or shut out of His plans.

Believers have been waiting for him to intrude for a couple of millenia now without a response.....I think we should all do what we must and trust in the outcome.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

An act of obedience not perpetuity.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all who replied to me. Does mean a lot. Appreciate it. For the record, I dont know who Cornelius was. I dont read the bible often. Well I get a daily verse on my phone and read that every morning, but other than that I havent opened my bible in a while. I do pretty well with most things in my life, but with the Lord I worry...a lot! I guess I need to do more reading, and asking Him to point me in the right direction. As I said, I do appreciate it. Thanks.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Even so, come,Lord Jesus.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
L
pahick,
I am not an expert or biblical scholar but I started doing a daily bible reading plan years ago and I can not say enough good things about the benefits I have received from consistently spending time in His Word. As many times as I have read it through I still learn something new on a regular basis.

God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (160user, 22kHornet, 257man, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 1,789 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,834
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.