Hop To
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by pahick
Thanks all who replied to me. Does mean a lot. Appreciate it. For the record, I dont know who Cornelius was. I dont read the bible often. Well I get a daily verse on my phone and read that every morning, but other than that I havent opened my bible in a while. I do pretty well with most things in my life, but with the Lord I worry...a lot! I guess I need to do more reading, and asking Him to point me in the right direction. As I said, I do appreciate it. Thanks.

Cornelius is a good study. Check it out. You could start with a word search on line.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
I would not attend a church that would not welcome someone ao another race just because of their race. That kind of hate is just not a part of my life.

I would not attend a church that wouldn't welcome anyone who was seeking God and wanted to be there for that reason.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
"...whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

God intrudes. The life of Jesus is bracketed by two impossibilities: a virgin's womb and an empty tomb. Jesus entered our world through a door marked "No Entrance" and left through a door marked "No Exit."

That first Christmas, there was no room for Him in the inn. The world never wants to make room for Christ at Christmas and in everyday life. Man killed Him and sealed the tomb with a huge stone to shut Him out of our lives once and for all. But God removed the stone to prove Jesus will not be shut up or shut out of His plans.

One day Jesus will intrude on history again.

Thank You for sharing.
This is too good not to share elsewhere. I hope you don't mind sir.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks all who replied to me. Does mean a lot. Appreciate it. For the record, I dont know who Cornelius was. I dont read the bible often. Well I get a daily verse on my phone and read that every morning, but other than that I havent opened my bible in a while. I do pretty well with most things in my life, but with the Lord I worry...a lot! I guess I need to do more reading, and asking Him to point me in the right direction. As I said, I do appreciate it. Thanks.
It's in Acts. Cornelius was a high ranking Roman soldier who believed in God. God told him to send for Peter to come and talk to him and his family. Then all of them were saved. It's the 1st time that the new Christian faith was taken to the Gentiles. It caused quite a stir with the Jewish Christians to realize that salvation was for everyone, not just the Jews.

As far as a requirement for baptism for salvation, there are passages where it says that it's required and others where it's not. It's a never ending debate. However, Jesus says to do as a public confession of faith it whether it's required for salvation or not. So, just do it and be within His word.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Thanks. Your replied to a thread I had on the subject, as many others have. I am slowly coming around. I want to do it for the right reasons. Because I need to. In the back of my head, I still have the image of the thief on the cross being saved, without being baptized. That part has me going in circles on the subject. Ive never been more honest when I say I want His love. I need His love. I just dont wanna make mistakes, or do things just because. Hate to say this, but hope you understand my confusion. And Thanks. I appreciate it.

Sorry for getting away from the OP.
Don't forget Cornelius and his family. The whole bunch of them were saved, filled with the Spirit and speaking in tongues without benefit of baptism. That came later. Not much later, but still after the fact. They were clearly saved by faith, not baptism.
They were sanctified by faith, for sure, but baptism is necessary for salvation, says Jesus. I'm not going to argue with Jesus over that. I'll leave that to braver souls, if they choose to.

I truly hope that someday I will meet again and pick up on lost conversations with my departed Jewish friends.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
One day Jesus will intrude on history again.
Even so, come,Lord Jesus.

Jesus has never stopped "intruding on history" as far as I'm concerned.

The cumaltive effect of all the troubled lives He has turned around has altered history over the last 2000 years.

The only "coming" of Jesus a man needs to be concerned about is the one where He comes into an individual life.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The only "coming" of Jesus a man needs to be concerned about is the one where He comes into an individual life.

That's extremely insightful...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks. Your replied to a thread I had on the subject, as many others have. I am slowly coming around. I want to do it for the right reasons. Because I need to. In the back of my head, I still have the image of the thief on the cross being saved, without being baptized. That part has me going in circles on the subject. Ive never been more honest when I say I want His love. I need His love. I just dont wanna make mistakes, or do things just because. Hate to say this, but hope you understand my confusion. And Thanks. I appreciate it.

There is no difference in the thief on the cross and Noah or Abraham. They were before the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. They, including the thief on the cross, were before Jesus told us about baptism. If you casually read the Book of Acts you will notice the new believers were baptized. From Whom did the apostles get the idea to baptize new believers? From Jesus!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget Cornelius and his family. The whole bunch of them were saved, filled with the Spirit and speaking in tongues without benefit of baptism. That came later. Not much later, but still after the fact. They were clearly saved by faith, not baptism.

Check Acts 10. The were commanded or ordered by an apostle to be water baptized! Ordered! Acts 2:38 tells us why. Acts 22:16 tells us why. Mark 16:15-16 tells us why.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I view baptism as an outward expression of an inner change and one of the first acts of obedience for the new Christian!

Why not get started on the right foot?

Do I think you have to be baptized to get into heaven, no I do not.

Do I think you should be baptized if able, yes I do.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
As far as a requirement for baptism for salvation, there are passages where it says that it's required and others where it's not. It's a never ending debate. However, Jesus says to do as a public confession of faith it whether it's required for salvation or not. So, just do it and be within His word.

This is not true. God's Word does not contradict Itself. Jesus is the Savior Who told us to make disciples by baptising them. The apostles always baptized in the Book of Acts. Teacher, pastors, evangelists and other today contradict Jesus. Why? They don't have a love of the Truth!

Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Jesus didn't say... or else no salvation and he didn't say in water... the only thing that for sure that will keep you out, is to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F

God bless all who belong to Him this season.

Scott,

And God bless all who don't belong to him. For it is through his blessings we come to the realization that we can also receive his grace and mercy, and eternal life.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I view baptism as an outward expression of an inner change and one of the first acts of obedience for the new Christian!

Why not get started on the right foot?

Do I think you have to be baptized to get into heaven, no I do not.

Do I think you should be baptized if able, yes I do.

Mike

Me too. I'm not going to start arguing about being baptized in water or not. I do believe you should be baptized in water at the first opportunity but I don't see God keeping you out of Heaven if you asked him for forgiveness and asked him to save you but died before being dunked in water. After all, I am getting to Heaven based on everything Jesus did, not based on anything I did. When Jesus hung on a cross, I hung on a cross. When Jesus paid the price for sin, I paid the price for sin. When Jesus died, I died. When Jesus was resurrected, I was resurrected. Is it a far stretch to think that when he was baptized, I was also baptized?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Matthew 3:11

11 �I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Which as John the Baptist himself stated, is more powerful... for those that have recognized the Holy spirit truth of God inside yourself... no 'man' can baptize you more.

Kent

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
� And today there is no room for Him in many "churches."

One of my long-time-favorite anecdotes is about dear Negro Brother Sam, who was fervently dedicated to Jesus and fervently longed for fellowship with other Christians.

The only church in his area was a white folks' church, where he'd love to join the worship but knew that he wasn't welcome there. So he'd wait in the brush until everybody went inside, then he'd settle under a window and from there listen to the scripture-reading and the sermon, sing the hymns, etc � always wishing, of course, that he could be inside with the others.

One Sunday morning, he was startled to feel an arm laid across his shoulders. He looked around, and there stood Jesus beside him.

"Don't feel bad, Brother," Jesus said. "I've wanted to be in there ever since they built the place."

Great post Dr Ken.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ringman

This is not true. God's Word does not contradict Itself. Jesus is the Savior Who told us to make disciples by baptising them. The apostles always baptized in the Book of Acts. Teacher, pastors, evangelists and other today contradict Jesus. Why? They don't have a love of the Truth!
Ro 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

No baptism here.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ringman

But it is true. It is a never ending debate about all the many contradictions in the various Bibles. And all the �facts� that man and his God Given intelligence have found to not be true.

Some of them have been beat to death on other threads.

Question: "Is salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus works?"

Answer: This is perhaps the most important question in all of Christian theology. This question is the cause of the Reformation, the split between the Protestant churches and Catholic Church. This question is a key difference between biblical Christianity and most of the �Christian� cults. Is salvation by faith alone, or by faith plus works? Am I saved just by believing in Jesus, or do I have to believe in Jesus and do certain things?

The question of faith alone or faith plus works is made difficult by some hard-to-reconcile Bible passages. Compare Romans 3:28, 5:1 and Galatians 3:24 with James 2:24. Some see a difference between Paul (salvation is by faith alone) and James (salvation is by faith plus works).

Paul dogmatically says that justification is by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9), while James appears to be saying that justification is by faith plus works
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/salvation-faith-alone.html#ixzz2oGf7j7ud

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 12/22/13.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Baptism, no baptism what ever. What is important is seeking him and giving him the praise and love that is due him. Everybody quotes john 3:16 all the time but open a bible and read john 3:17, it shows Gods heart toward us. I haven't been to church with any regularity in 2 years but I know him he knows me my name is in the book and I know where I'm going despite my flaws. Church doesn't make you a christian any more than mc donalds makes you a hamburger. Is it good to go? Certainly, God even said fail not to assemble in his word. A healthy church is good for you.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you have faith you will also have works. They go hand and hand.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,417
Posts18,489,076
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.