-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you. There is a lesson there for me. Note to self, don't buy from CTD and Brunos Shooting Supply.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Thank you. There is a lesson there for me. Note to self, don't buy from CTD and Brunos Shooting Supply.

Laughin'...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Natchez for example has Federal bulk (325 rds) in stock, they sell it for $19.99 and they some how are managing to pay their bills and turn a profit. Might be a lesson there too for those who care to look beyond the tip of their nose.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
When Natchez for example has Federal bulk (325 rds) in stock, they sell it for $19.99 and they some how are managing to pay their bills and turn a profit. Might be a lesson there too for those who care to look beyond the tip of their nose.

This Natchez?

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?c...moSize=196&category=3&startRow=1

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only one I know of and I have seen 22 LR ammo in various flavors.

IC B2

STA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

randy..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by gunswizard
So that maybe we all can have some ammo. I'm not talking about paying current store prices so kids can shoot, I'm talking about paying someone at a gunshow $75.00+ for ammo they purchased at Walmart for less than half that. Neither do I have a problem with stores adding a mark-up they need to stay in business. Take a little more time than 4 minutes to let what I am saying to sink in before being so eager to post a response that does not accurately represent what I am trying to say. Paying gouger prices will only perpetuate the current situation, shoot your centerfire, pellet gun, bow or slingshot for heaven's sake. Give things time to settle down, let the opportunist resellers responsible for the inflatedd prices choke on their hoards of ammo.

You cannot stop somebody from being in need of a product. You also can't control the supply. You can't stop people from not going to work and hitting Wal-Mart every morning. You can't stop them from bringing their friends to purchase the max amount.

The only way you will see inventory come back in a short amount of time is for the retailers to price the product according to what the market has shown people will pay. Unless that happens, the shortage will continue.

Cry all you want on the internet. Tell your friends how much it sucks. Me personally? I've told every retailer I know (including Wal-Mart) to raise their GD prices so things can start to return to normal. Tell them to log onto Gunbroker and see what schit is selling for. Remind them that is THEIR product selling for those prices.

RDFinn has a good analogy in regards to fuel. If all the gas stations were selling at $1.50 a gallon, how long do you think the gas stations would have gas?

Women bitch. Men have solutions. Give me a solution that doesn't involve imaginations and fairy tales and I'll be all ears. Until then, the only solution I see is retailers raising prices.

Travis

If the market will support a higher retail price, then why aren't the
manufacturers charging a higher wholesale price? Why let the margin go to a fella driving to Walmart?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

and did you ever find yourself without any of those items? Did you run up against not having any, and not being able to find/buy them? Probably not. I know that when things got tight, I had the powders I use, the primers I need, the ammo that I required and all the AR/mini 14/M1A/.30 Carbine mags I wanted.
Just have to pay attention and buy early.

You have to use the stuff to run out of it.

Travis

or in my case Travis, buy a lot, use only some. As I said, many of us saw where things were going, years ago. shocked

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 16bore

If the market will support a higher retail price, then why aren't the
manufacturers charging a higher wholesale price? Why let the margin go to a fella driving to Walmart?

Their job is to get the product to the retailers. They're doing that.

The retailers are giving it away and that is why their shelves are empty.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

or in my case Travis, buy a lot, use only some. As I said, many of us saw where things were going, years ago. shocked

True. But my point is that having enough to last until your death can be tough to do depending on how much you shoot, and of course your age.

I know one person that goes through a lot of ammo each year and should have enough to last his lifetime. Maybe... grin

Travis

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Guess the negative press for being a gouger outweighs the retailers profit on a box of plinkers.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Glad you could get some for your daughter.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

True. But my point is that having enough to last until your death can be tough to do depending on how much you shoot, and of course your age.

I know one person that goes through a lot of ammo each year and should have enough to last his lifetime. Maybe... grin

Travis

chit, at my age, and with my health issues, I can afford to be profligate. laugh

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Please don't use words that I have to google.

Thank you.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE

Guess the negative press for being a gouger outweighs the retailers profit on a box of plinkers.

I can only offer solutions to a given problem. The judgment of what is right and wrong falls to a higher being.

(Just kidding, I do the judging as well.)

Travis

STA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Glad you could get some for your daughter.

Travis

Thanks! All good thing come to people who wait. Sure glad I didn't pay $79 for that brick of 500.....

randy..
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I would be as well.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Please don't use words that I have to google.

Thank you.

Travis

don't forget to thank a teacher. shocked

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have to think of bulk rate shipping contracts year-to-year instead of a consumer ordering a flat of 12ga ammo.

You don't know how each those contracts are negotiated, for what time frame, or what amount. Neither do I. But a manufacturer or a wholesaler is free to set prices according to expected shipping costs in the future as well - unless restricted by a contract with the retailer.....which may also speak to the price Wallyworld is currently paying.

BTW - that kind of contract and the requirements of it are part of what drove Shrade USA out of business.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
People are mostly bitching because they can't find any. Are retailers charging $75 a brick ? If yes, which ones ?

Like I've written twice in this thread, if you can't find 22LR at very decent prices it's because you are likely looking in the wrong places. I'm buying ammo at 5.8 cents per round TYD, and that's very, very decent prices.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,560
Posts18,491,767
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.