Campfire Outfitter
A
Ok...

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
CL is easily amongst the last places,from which I'd purchase anything. Never have understood why folks swoon them and have long thunk it funny.

'Course John Burns was banning people for a spell there too.

Laffin'!

Too many folks that shoot straight,to roll dice with snakes.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by ck30943
If this post keeps going there will be only a few not on my ignore list.

Am I on your ignore list?

I guess I'll never know.

I'm going to be loseing a lot of sleep over this.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Limited optics selection locally.

Scopes are easy.

Bino's are tougher to order because it's nice to check them out in person.

CL is actually pretty friggin' sweet(IMHO) because you can call up and talk to an owner.

Scratched up my G15 and CL has had that fuucker for almost 2 weeks, not even an e-mail update..... WTF Neil?

grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by pigster

This thread will take it's place among other legendary idiotic Campfire threads and be known as the "Battle of the used $100 Vortex"

Are we talking about principals or money? Would it sway your opinion if I sad my case was over a $1250+SH Zeiss Victory 2.5-10x50. And nor Camera Land nor Zeiss USA sent me a replacement scope of any kind. All I wanted from them is to send me the agreed upon and paid for product and not the lower end Zeiss Classic what I have received in the box of a Victory scope.

Holy crap!

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Holy smokes, this thread is still alive?

I thought maybe the first 12 or so pages would have certainly covered it?

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last year I bought a Demo pair of Zeiss Victory off Doug when he advertised them here. The demo pair I received had smudged fingerprint marks all over the lenses and also had some pretty good marks on them. Tried to email Camerland several times and left a phone message and never received ANY response. I sent pics of how the binocs were received and details of the condition. Just no respons. Contacted Zeiss but they said I'd have to send them in and they would be evaluated because they were demo units. Sounded like a pain and a long wait so I just sold the binocs at a loss and decided that was the last time I'd do business with Camerland.

I will say, they were awful helpful when selling me 3 pairs of Ultravids and a pair of Swaros.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rrroae
Last year I bought a Demo pair of Zeiss Victory off Doug when he advertised them here. The demo pair I received had smudged fingerprint marks all over the lenses and also had some pretty good marks on them. Tried to email Camerland several times and left a phone message and never received ANY response. I sent pics of how the binocs were received and details of the condition. Just no respons. Contacted Zeiss but they said I'd have to send them in and they would be evaluated because they were demo units. Sounded like a pain and a long wait so I just sold the binocs at a loss and decided that was the last time I'd do business with Camerland.

I will say, they were awful helpful when selling me 3 pairs of Ultravids and a pair of Swaros.

It doesn't matter what they were, there is either a warranty, or there is no warranty...there is no "evaluation".
And if there is no warranty they should not have been sold to you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Interesting. Another disatisfied Cameraland customer. Who would have guessed?

Another thing I learned on eBay was that many times neutral feedback was just as bad as negative feedback. There are many who, when they receive a defective item will do just as you did; say nothing negative and eat the loss.

The is another story I recall from a few years ago about a purveyor of various types of produce. If I remember correctly it was also a New York establishment. They would get rotten fruit in some of their shipments. They would then just put one piece of rotten fruit in the bottom of a customers bag of good fruit. The customer would find the rotten fruit at the bottom of the bag upon getting home and would just think it was just a mistake.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Guess I'll throw this out there. Bought a "Demo" Zeiss Conquest from SWFA's Sample List a couple of years ago. It was advertised as a Demo B, which means it has some marks on it. Put it on a 22 mag and it wouldn't track at all. Contacted SWFA and they said that I could return it and take the hit for the 15% restocking fee, or I could send it in to Zeiss for repair as it was a "demo" item. Sent it back to Zeiss and they fixed it for no charge.

Funny part is, I didn't go online and bash them for their customer service... Guess I should have whined online about how horrible a vendor they are.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
So lets see if I have this right. CL sold a damaged scope to a customer and then wanted said customer to deal directly with the factory rather than exchange or refund as any reputable co. would have done. Customer posts on line and after a rude and condescending response where they demand an apology CL decides they were wrong and change their policy to something more fair to the customer. Customer gets beat up on line for 15 pages while CL makes themselves out to be the victims and then the bend-over-backward heroes. Other forum members praise CL for being so good during this CF rather than thanking RW for exposing and getting changed poor customer service and a bad return/exchange policy that CL admits was wrong by the very fact they changed it. Customers continue to criticize RW while more and more people come up with their own CL horror stories. I for one want to thank RW for bring this injustice to light and commend CL for changing their policy to one more in line with the rest of the industry. For those of you defending CL rather than demanding justice for RW, which benefits us all, theres not much I can say you'll understand. The rotten fruit in the bottom of the bag story has me thinking though. Surely CL would not have sent RW a scope they knew was damaged knowing when it was discovered their "policy" would have been to tell him to handle it with Vortex? Regardless, all of you that have been giving RW such a hard time should be asking yourselves why? I can't for the life of me understand.

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by California_Kid
So lets see if I have this right. CL sold a damaged scope to a customer and then wanted said customer to deal directly with the factory rather than exchange or refund as any reputable co. would have done. Customer posts on line and after a rude and condescending response where they demand an apology CL decides they were wrong and change their policy to something more fair to the customer. Customer gets beat up on line for 15 pages while CL makes themselves out to be the victims and then the bend-over-backward heroes. Other forum members praise CL for being so good during this CF rather than thanking RW for exposing and getting changed poor customer service and a bad return/exchange policy that CL admits was wrong by the very fact they changed it. Customers continue to criticize RW while more and more people come up with their own CL horror stories. I for one want to thank RW for bring this injustice to light and commend CL for changing their policy to one more in line with the rest of the industry. For those of you defending CL rather than demanding justice for RW, which benefits us all, theres not much I can say you'll understand. The rotten fruit in the bottom of the bag story has me thinking though. Surely CL would not have sent RW a scope they knew was damaged knowing when it was discovered their "policy" would have been to tell him to handle it with Vortex? Regardless, all of you that have been giving RW such a hard time should be asking yourselves why? I can't for the life of me understand.
+1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
This thread reminds me of The Safariman episode.
CL's reputation far exceeds actual performance and customer satisfaction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just to expand a little on the issue I had with my Zeiss Victory binocs from Cameraland,..

After seeing the condition of the binocs, I tried to be as tactful as possible as I wasn't looking to call anyone out. After previously spending somewhere in the neighborhood of $4500 on high end optics at Camerland, I was certain I'd only need to give a slight hint at being unhappy for me to be taken care of.

Received binoculars today.

A little disappointed in the amount of wear as these looked to have been handled quite a bit but the optics are excellent and literally stunning. Can't believe the amount of light these transmit.

Also, appreciate the t-shirt!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Number/7194465/what/showflat/fpart/1/q/1

That got me no where, so I politely sent Doung and Neil an email stating I wasn't happy with the condition of the binocs. Message was read but no response. I then sent a second email directly to them because I thought I might have got lost in the shuffle. No response. I then called and left a message where I was more direct about the problem. No response. I then called Zeiss and explained the issue. The lady wanted me to send them back for an evaluation. I then called the next day hoping to speak to another person at Zeiss. That representative told me the same thing.

So for those of you who are bashing ringworm for the call out thread, you might want to ask yourself this: In the rare event you do have an issue with Camerland, do you want to get my results or Ringworm's?

I ended up losing around $250 when I sold the binocs a short time later because I thought it was right to post blow up pics of the blemishes and even then, I ended up refunding the buyer another $100(part of the $250 I lost) because he wasn't happy with the condition(Offered a full refund including postage).

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Zero communication speaks volumes....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by California_Kid
+1

+2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer

'Course John Burns was banning people for a spell there too.

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

I
I
Guys,
Here�s a quick word on this situation from Shamus Terry here at Vortex, Doug�s in-house sales contact.

To everyone involved,

Although there was perhaps some poor communication from the beginning, Vortex and CL have always just wanted to make sure the customer was taken care of ASAP.
It has always been Vortex policy to instruct dealers of any size to send the customer right to us with any issues. We always feel this way we can take care of the customer first and work it out with the dealer later.
This may have not worked in this situation, but our past experience has been that the customer receives the best,fastest and friendliest service when dealing directly with us.
Sometimes the dealer doesn�t have the back-up stock or man power to give the same service that we can. The main thing is that we feel the customer is #1 for both of us and try and team up when possible to give the best experience.
We have learned from this situation and will do everything we can to avoid this in the future. All of your thoughts and opinions will help us work together with our dealer to give the best experience possible.
Thanks to everyone for their support in this great industry and trade. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or comments.

All the best-

Shamus M. Terry
International Sales Manager
608-335-4486 (Cell Phone)
800-426-0048 Ext 312
www.vortexoptics.com
The Force of Optics

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks for posting Shamus. Hopefully that will put this to rest...

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by IdahoPro
Guys,
Here’s a quick word on this situation from Shamus Terry here at Vortex, Doug’s in-house sales contact.

To everyone involved,

Although there was perhaps some poor communication from the beginning, Vortex and CL have always just wanted to make sure the customer was taken care of ASAP.
It has always been Vortex policy to instruct dealers of any size to send the customer right to us with any issues. We always feel this way we can take care of the customer first and work it out with the dealer later.
This may have not worked in this situation, but our past experience has been that the customer receives the best,fastest and friendliest service when dealing directly with us.
Sometimes the dealer doesn’t have the back-up stock or man power to give the same service that we can. The main thing is that we feel the customer is #1 for both of us and try and team up when possible to give the best experience.
We have learned from this situation and will do everything we can to avoid this in the future. All of your thoughts and opinions will help us work together with our dealer to give the best experience possible.
Thanks to everyone for their support in this great industry and trade. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or comments.

All the best-

Shamus M. Terry
International Sales Manager
608-335-4486 (Cell Phone)
800-426-0048 Ext 312
www.vortexoptics.com
The Force of Optics

Can we get the same statement from M. Jensen of Zeiss USA?
When I called them to offer some assistance in order to resolve the matter, basically they told me to go and pound sand.
" It is the vendor's responsibility to properly match the item to the box and advertise it accordingly" was their final take on the case.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,196
Posts18,485,102
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.