Originally Posted by rrroae
Last year I bought a Demo pair of Zeiss Victory off Doug when he advertised them here. The demo pair I received had smudged fingerprint marks all over the lenses and also had some pretty good marks on them. Tried to email Camerland several times and left a phone message and never received ANY response. I sent pics of how the binocs were received and details of the condition. Just no respons. Contacted Zeiss but they said I'd have to send them in and they would be evaluated because they were demo units. Sounded like a pain and a long wait so I just sold the binocs at a loss and decided that was the last time I'd do business with Camerland.

Interesting. Another disatisfied Cameraland customer. Who would have guessed?

Another thing I learned on eBay was that many times neutral feedback was just as bad as negative feedback. There are many who, when they receive a defective item will do just as you did; say nothing negative and eat the loss.

The is another story I recall from a few years ago about a purveyor of various types of produce. If I remember correctly it was also a New York establishment. They would get rotten fruit in some of their shipments. They would then just put one piece of rotten fruit in the bottom of a customers bag of good fruit. The customer would find the rotten fruit at the bottom of the bag upon getting home and would just think it was just a mistake.