Originally Posted by California_Kid
Having read all 11 pages of this post even CL finally admitted that's what they should have done and will do in the future. What disturbs me is that's not the response they started with. They were rude and condescending 10 pages ago.

Yes indeed.

I have been buying on the internet for many years now. Back in the old days, eBay feedback listed ALL negative feedback from day one of a buyer or seller. It was interesting that some sellers could have hundreds of transactions with no negative feedback while others might have 5 or 6 negative feedbacks in 1,000 transactions. I came to realize that even a few negative feedbacks were significant. It's like some sellers think that they can throw just a little feces into the water and no one will be the wiser.

I've also bought thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment and related items from New York firms many of which are closed on Passover, Saturdays, etc. It was illuminating when I visited New York City and saw some of the establishments with big glossy ads in the magazines; they were little holes in the wall. When I started with aerial photography I dealt with a number of New York establishments and in the end after various bits of negative experiences, I now only deal with one on a regular basis and with a couple more occasionally.

As I said previously, I had one previous buying experience with Cameraland for a high end scope and have no complaints about that transaction. Whatever some may think about Ringworm and how he handled his issue, I have no reason to not believe his side of the story nor do I think the public internet flogging of Cameraland inappropriate given the circumstances.