RW-

Just now seeing this thread. I have been treated wonderfully by Neil and Doug @ CameralandNY many times. Even When Minox gave me a new scope it still had a canted reticle like the first one. Minox offered to cut me a check. I wanted another scope and nothing to do with Minox.

Doug was kind enough to give me the same $$ that Minox was either in check form or store credit. He also wanted me to ship the second lemon scope to him so he could send it to Minox Germany for executive inspection or something like that.

Now, I never call people names on here as it is not productive. I'm going to make an exception. You're a frigging dumb@$$. Call Vortex if you have not already (I didn't read 10 pages of you being a whiny b!tch). You have a case of CMPH AKA Chronic My Pussy Hurts - shamelessly stolen from someone on here. Cameraland told you to call the manufacturer and I have 0 doubt that Vortex will send you a BRAND NEW unit. That's what they did for me with some $300 binos thathad some fogging in the lenses- sent me a new pair and claimed nothing was wrong with the old one. New ones had no fogging around the edges and I understand Vortex doesn't want to admit they let e lemon slip.

Now I run a customer service department and I am glad you're not one of my customers because since I run the department I decide which [bleep] we're going to tell to GFT. You sir, are one of those people that would get a "have a nice day! *click.* I bet Cameraland will make right by you on their dime, just to shut you the fck up.

Here, I think this will help improve your outlook on life: http://www.vagisil.com/

GMAFB.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"