Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
I am sorry that there was an initial problem and that you are slightly inconvenienced, however, I do think Neil handled this correctly and quite honestly I think you owe him & Camera Land an apology for publically blasting him and Camera Land for attempting to assist you in the most efficient manner.

Well, in case you forgot, here is Doug's initial response to ringworm's problem. Ringworm was "slightly inconvinienced" and Camera Land was owed "an apology."

That doesn't sound like a stellar customer service response to me.

If I sold anyone on the 24 Hour Campfire a $5, a $25 or a $50 item, claimed I was unaware of the damage and recommend they take up the matter with the manufacturer I'll bet there would be a negative reaction. The fact that it was a $100 item is irrelevant. For some it would take over 10 hours of work to buy such an item. For others it could take 30 minutes or less just to put things into perspective. For those pompous ones who thought ringworm should just let things slide since the scope was only worth $100, consider how you would feel if you were defrauded on an item that took you 2 or 5 or 10 hours to work for.

It is obvious that others have been "inconvinienced" by Camera Land besides ringworm but they didn't bother to initially let us know about it. How so many are ready to defend such tactics just because they happened to come out unscathed after dealings with Camera Land is a bit hard for me to fathom.

If Doug had apologized to begin with rather than make excuses for Neil under the pretense of doing things the "most efficient" way possible, this thread probably would have died long ago.

It's not stellar customer service to screw a customer once in a while; it's below average customer service.

I hope ya'll who love Camera Land have a long and happy relationship with them.