What seems to be lost in all this falderol is that Mf'gers frequently build product that are available only for a short time...seasonal Christmas & T-Day labled specials in food & clothing items, Valentines & Mothers Day for wimmen folk, closeouts on disc'd goods, damaged and repaired stuff, Blems like Nosler(SPS)/Sierra(Graf)/Hornady(Midway)...in '83 or '84 I sold all I could get in SAKO 2700's (Ltd Quantity production run high gloss Deluxe grade blue w/oil finished old style square forend stocks in 4 calibers only to clean up an overstock of the Deluxe barreled actions) and 2 of us wiped out the plant in Rihimaaki 6 months ahead of Plan. 3 months later I had dealers screaming for more at the discounted closeout prices that 2700's were when they had been told to order as many as they expected to get with no reorders available ...and these kind of goods are heavily discounted by the Mfg'ers and the smart retailers pass on the discounts based on the cost forwarded by the Mfg'er.

So when said Retailer sells out of that particular seasonal/limited quantity/ disc'tnd product for any reason THEY AIN'T NO MORE AND AIN'T GONNA BE NO MORE ON THE SHELF in case someone needs a replacement at the Point of Sale....but in this case there was a solution at Vortex Customer Service in Wisconsin.

Having said all that, I stand behind the "Executive Decision" Neil made to help his customer achieve the best possible outcome by referring RW to Vortex's CS Unit...and Wallah!!! Vortex had a NIB unit they would have been willing to ship to RW AT NO CHARGE. I wish all my gun & hook dealers would have been so efficient.

Same song 2nd verse is what's gonna happen with the guys in the new store Midlothian in this same exact deal...'cause I don't believe Skylar has anymore authority for a 1st Request Cash refund without having the scope in hand than Neil does & given his usually smaller On Hand Inventory most likely given the same advice IF the Customer still wanted what he'd ordered...but I could be wrong. I'd bet you'll never see a this kind of double discount available even at the new and larger facility. SWFA's Business Paradign, based on my observations, do not allow for it as they are not being OFFERED the deals from Mfg'ers that CLNY is, with their much lower Sale Volume and Market Penetration.

Remember I WAS Sporting Goods Distributor once upon a time...and worked at the largest & oldest (1854 to 1982) one in Dallas and put most if not all of the Dallas area retailers in business at one time ...but that's another story. FWIW this statement is not a slur on the guys in Ellis County in any way ...it is just a simple statement of fact at this time. I look to see SWFA becoming a much larger but more multifaceted Retailer...and right now is mebbe the best source for Rings & Mounts and other assorted shooting items as well as their line of TacShooter Optics and related stuff etc I know of...but they ain't close to being in the same league volume wise as CLNY no way no how..and because this is a Price Related Buying Decision Issue to begin with...yadda yadda.

SO RW FWIW ...Please go shop SWFA's "Sample List" and see how that works for you...kudos to Dr Phil...'cause I haven't found a steal of a deal in any thing but oneseytwoseys at most.
Ron

Last edited by verhoositz; 04/19/14.

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.