I, like most of you, have used CL in the past and have purchased several scopes. I have apparently been lucky in that they all worked and have therefore been quite happy with their service. However, If I had purchased a scope from them and it was broken and they told me to send it to the mftr. I would have been furious as well. I would have expected a replacement on it's way the same day and a call tag for the broken one. Having read all 11 pages of this post even CL finally admitted that's what they should have done and will do in the future. What disturbs me is that's not the response they started with. They were rude and condescending 10 pages ago. If I bought a scope from a local distributor, got home and it didn't work, I would be back to that distributor and home again with a new scope in an hour. Or I would have my money back. I certainly would not be talked into handling it as a warranty repair through the mftr. Years ago CL's prices were good enough, or everyone else's were bad enough, that buying with a CC online through CL made sense and I guess I was accepting a certain risk having it shipped UPS. Today, everyone is selling scopes at an identically reduced price. The internet has at least brought consistency to pricing as it is so easy to "look up" everyone's price. I did buy a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 for my AR from a local distributor for $100.00 off a few days ago which was the same discounted price everyone was selling them for. I'm getting ready to buy a 20-60x80 Bushnell Legend or the Vortex Viper 15-45x65 spotting scope however, after reading this post, I will have to admit that even if CL was significantly lower, I would probably buy elsewhere. CL's whole attitude in the beginning of suggesting it was a "slight inconvenience" to receive a broken useless scope in the mail and then telling the purchaser to handle with the manufacturer is insensitive, unprofessional and lazy. This has been a very informative topic indeed.

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.