Originally Posted by Sitka deer
David
Thank you for proving my points completely. You are clueless. Offering a faster way to deal with the problem is what was done and you think a CC company will jump right up and stand behind a customer demanding things be made more difficult?

I have had to use a CC company to get funds returned a number of times, and as recently as last year... They do not want to hear from someone being obtuse, difficult, and ridiculous.

Sitka

The CC companies do not let personality or emotion dictate their responses. The OP purchased a product from Camerland, the product was damaged upon receipt. Camerland cannot insist that he work through a third party when the merchandise was received damaged. If the OP doesn't want their proposed resolution he doesn't have to accept it, regardless whether you or anyone else thinks "its best".

You realize he could have also opened the box and thought "huh! I don't like the way it looks" and demanded a refund and the CC would still reverse the charges if Camerland refused to take it back? Or demanded a restocking fee that he didn't want to pay?

That is the protection that is offered when using a CC and it is one of the ways that CC encourage consumers to use them. It sounds like it's all one-sided for the consumer, but it's not because the CC use encourages many purchases that otherwise would not be made. The entire online portion of Cameraland's business would not have been possible without credit cards and they know as well as I do the consumer protections that are built in.

It's obvious you don't care for the OP very much and seemingly are displeased with me as well. Regardless, I'm still correct and you are still mistaken - The OP doesn't have to accept Cameralands (or Vortex) proposed solution. If he disputes the charges they will credit his account. Your feelings for the OP, Cameraland, Vortex, what you think is best or even what you think of me won't be considered.

David