Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by cisco1
Avoid this shiit�.support your local gun shops. Go where they know your name when you walk through the door, before they are put out of business by this crap.

I would love to support my local GS. When I bought my Conquest 3X9, I went into my local GS to get one. They were $100 more expensive than every store on line. When I explained that Zeiss had reduced that scope to $399 at every other source on the web, they just grinned sheepishly. If they go out of business, it will be because they want to extort clueless people.

On this issue, it is nothing more than a cultural issue. Southerners know how to talk to people. Most northerners can seem blunt and obtuse to us, even if they don't mean to, They are simply more direct. CL offered the most direct and expedient method to deal with the problem. That blunt solution seemed uncaring to Ringworm and he was offended. CS should be there to please people even if that takes a little more time than offering the quickest solution. Had CS been a lot more southern (cordial) and started the conversation with an apology, offering either a return to them for refund-replacement, or suggested the possibly better solution of dealing directly with Vortex, Ringworm would never have started this thread. It is clear that CS failed here if for no other reason than Ringworm left unsatisfied. Had CS taken a bit more time with Ringworm to assure him that all would be made right this thread would never have started. Ringworm was simply offended by the blunt and seemingly uncaring way he was spoken to. We southerners are not used to such bluntness. A NY guy would have probably never thought twice about it as they deal with bluntness ( which we consider rudeness) every day.

Mr. Clark,

I agree with what you said here except for the part highlighted in red. I'm not referring to the OP here, but in a transaction with a glitch in it, it's a fact that no matter what is done or offered some people will never be satisfied. The OP was offered a NEW SCOPE. If I were Doug, and that didn't end the conflict, I'd leave the offer as it stood (new scope for the broken one) and go about my day.