Originally Posted by ringworm
great...
just opened the shipping box from camera land, vortex cf2, and the scope rattles inside and has a optical blur half the size of the FOV
what's Neil tell me to do?
call vortex and let them handle it.
now they have my money they, apparently, are done.
or I can take this brand new scope to the shipper, send it to NY, and wait for them to send it to vortex.
First vortex I've ever bought and it's screwed.
no external damage to Fed ex box or scope.
I guess they are not as durable as they say.
so thanks camera land.
thanks vortex.
now I get to sit here and wait a couple weeks, hopefully, for vortex to fix this NEW scope.

This is not a product quality problem (though it may be related), it's a shipping problem. Cameraland may not be directly responsible for product quality, they are responsible for shipping. It is there responsibility to get a new optic to you undamaged - if the optic is damaged by the shipping that they arranged, they owe you a new optic immediately. Product repairs/ shipping claims are between Cameraland and Shipper, you shouldn't be involved.

I would reverse the charges on my credit card and let the CC company know that the scope is available for pick-up ( you aren't responsible for shipping the damged merchandise back). Your CC will have your funds back in a day or two and you will be free to purchase your new scope from someone else.

Obviously, this is not the preferred method of dealing with this, but if Cameraland is shirking their responsibility I would do it in a heart beat.

David