Originally Posted by ringworm
great...
just opened the shipping box from camera land, vortex cf2, and the scope rattles inside and has a optical blur half the size of the FOV
what's Neil tell me to do?
call vortex and let them handle it.
now they have my money they, apparently, are done.
or I can take this brand new scope to the shipper, send it to NY, and wait for them to send it to vortex.
First vortex I've ever bought and it's screwed.
no external damage to Fed ex box or scope.
I guess they are not as durable as they say.
so thanks camera land.
thanks vortex.
now I get to sit here and wait a couple weeks, hopefully, for vortex to fix this NEW scope.

I am sorry that there is an issue with the Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit that you purchased. The unit that you purchaed was not a new unit, but one of the Damaged Box Demo/Display Units.
We do try to examine each scope before it leaves the store however some days that is an impossible task.
What Neil most likely suggested to you (I am out of the store today and was not there when he spoke with you) was to call Vortex, explain the situation to them and they inturn will send a pick up tag for the defective scope (so you do not need to pay for any shipping) and they will replace your reduced priced Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit with a new unit.
I know that this is what he most likely suggested as that is standard policy on any initial defective as having a client send the scope to us for us to send to the mfg and then the mfg replace it to us for us to replace to the client is grossly inefficient.
This will also upgrade the Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit that you purchased to a brand new unit.

I am sorry that there was an initial problem and that you are slightly inconvenienced, however, I do think Neil handled this correctly and quite honestly I think you owe him & Camera Land an apology for publically blasting him and Camera Land for attempting to assist you in the most efficient manner.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]