Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by ringworm
here's the other side...
Neil..." do you have something to write with?"
RW " sure, what am I writing"
Neil " Vortex's phone number"

Gentleman,
I apologize for the way this was handled.

Our agreement with the manufacturers we purchase from, in relation to initial defectives, is they will issue a pick up tag (either Fed Ex or UPS, whoever they use) and ship a replacement. This is the most efficient manner rather than us doing the replacement and having to get the defective unit back then ship that defective back to them and have them ship a replacement to us. It saves on time, shipping expenses and paperwork.

This being said, I have spoken with Neil this morning and explained to him that the proper way to handle this should have been for him to apologize for this situation, get RW's name, address, phone # and e-mail. Confirmed that a pick up tag would be sent to him along with a new scope.
Then Neil could have accessed his original receipt, Neil should have contacted Vortex (as the chain of how all this is done should not be the concern nor the interest of our clients) and taken care of this.

Moving forward this will be our method.

Again, I apologize for the poor way in which this was handled. We can only learn from this and attempt to improve from it.

Been sitting on the sidelines on this but just had to comment. Having spent over 30 years in various service and sales roles I too have taken the "apology" and "future handling" route time to time. Sure there's always room for improvement but I, as a customer, would not have taken offense at Neil's handling of the incident. A quick call to Vortex would have had a replacement in motion just as quickly, maybe more so, than having Neil take on that task. Reputable manufacturers are prepared for product failures and resolution and can handle it in the most expedient manner. Personally speaking I see no reason here to not do business with you or Neil. This being by all descriptions a "used" product, and being replaced with a "new" product, just strengthens the argument. My 2 bits FWIW.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."