Originally Posted by Royce
Okay... in real simple terms, so that a feeble minded old man can understand, why would have been more of an imposition for the OP to send the damaged scope back to the manufacturer than sending it back to Camera Land.
Two syllablewords, short sentences, no vague abstract concepts, please...

He did not buy the scope from Vortex. Camerland took his money. Cameraland owes him a working scope or his money back. Cameraland did not sell the scope as used or possibly damaged - it was cosmetic box damage maybe a small handling mark. He got a scope that was thoroughly trashed and Cameraland basically told him "not my problem, call these people..."

#1) A reputable business would have offered to refund his money if he wasn't satisfied with the proposed resolution - based on what both parties have posted, it has never been offered.

#2) Camerland should have offered to send out a replacement scope and deal with the warranty issues with Vortex. This business of Camerland having to ship it back to Voertex, then Vortex to Camerlamd, then Camerland to the Customer is bullchit - this isn't a warranty claim. The OP NEVER received the merchandise he paid for - Cameraland took his money, they owe it to him NOW. If there is any shipping rodeo that needs to happen, its between Camerland and Vortex - not the OP.

#3) Not every manufacturer has a 100% replacement no questions asked warranty policy. Apparently Vortex does and Kudos to them, but I can see why the OP's BS alarm went off.

There was never a legally binding purchase between the OP and Vortex. Vortex could tell him to pound sand - they sold the OP NOTHING.

If Cameraland had said:

Sorry that happened - "I'll get you a replacement scope shipped right away or you can have your money back" this would never have been posted. Cameraland is the party that took the OP's money, not Vortex - he was not wrong to expect Camerlamd to honor their agreement.

Posting on the forum, regardless was not wise - he had all the leverage he needed with his CC company.

David